All things Racist...USA edition (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    I was looking for a place to put this so we could discuss but didn't really find a place that worked so I created this thread so we can all place articles, experiences, videos and examples of racism in the USA.

This is one that happened this week. The lady even called and filed a complaint on the officer. This officer also chose to wear the body cam (apparently, LA doesn't require this yet). This exchange wasn't necessarily racist IMO until she started with the "mexican racist...you will never be white, like you want" garbage. That is when it turned racist IMO

All the murderer and other insults, I think are just a by product of CRT and ACAB rhetoric that is very common on the radical left and sadly is being brought to mainstream in this country.

Another point that I think is worth mentioning is she is a teacher and the sense of entitlement she feels is mind blowing.

https://news.yahoo.com/black-teacher-berates-latino-la-221235341.html

The black community has made huge progress.

here is a recalcitrant segment that remains very poor in both economic terms and spirits. Young men that are nihilist because they see no hope. Sadly, this hopelessness is affirmed by their leaders. They come from highly dysfunctional homes where there is no father figure. This is much more than just systemic racism. There are other problems that no one in the Democratic party wants to address. They do not want to sound conservative and hence go along with the current narrative.

I think the black population of the US did better from the early 1900s through the 60s, than they have since.

Black men were raised by fathers before the 60s, then systems were put in place that ensured that became less common.

At the end of the 60s systems were put in place that would indirectly (but intentionally) result in the removal of black fathers from the home.

Now we’re at a point where black fathers were born into this system, and our society calls it a cultural problem.

I think the black population of the US did better from the early 1900s through the 60s, than they have since.

Black men were raised by fathers before the 60s, then systems were put in place that ensured that became less common.

At the end of the 60s systems were put in place that would indirectly (but intentionally) result in the removal of black fathers from the home.

Now we’re at a point where black fathers were born into this system, and our society calls it a cultural problem.
    Good intentions have unintended consequences. The only one that predicted an increment in fatherless homes and kids born out of wedlock was Daniel Patrick Moynihan.

The Moynihan Report itself, he said, engaged his attention because of the stark picture it presented: 26 per cent of black births were out of wedlock in 1963, while only three per cent of white births were. (More recently, the rates have shifted for both races: 72 per cent of black births compared with 41 per cent of white births.) Patterson cited the importance of these figures, he said, not out of moral concern, but because of the high correlation between non-marital birth and poverty. Overall, there has been a long-term trend throughout the developed world of a "decline of marriage." The problem is not necessarily that poor women are having more children, but only that they are not getting marrying. This is a problem, he argued, because the vast majority of single families are headed by women, many of whom come from lower-class backgrounds and lack the education and skills they need to get decent jobs. Thus, the evidence shows, non-marital births lead to a cycle of poverty.

Note how the fatherless family unit has also gone up among non-POC. IN the USA a fatherless home correlates with poverty. Very few poor kids come form two parent homes. I do not blame the left for this because they had good intentions and did not have the capacity to predict the future. Ultimately the dignity of a man is related to self accomplishment rather than receiving something for nothing.

Good intentions have unintended consequences. The only one that predicted an increment in fatherless homes and kids born out of wedlock was Daniel Patrick Moynihan.

The Moynihan Report itself, he said, engaged his attention because of the stark picture it presented: 26 per cent of black births were out of wedlock in 1963, while only three per cent of white births were. (More recently, the rates have shifted for both races: 72 per cent of black births compared with 41 per cent of white births.) Patterson cited the importance of these figures, he said, not out of moral concern, but because of the high correlation between non-marital birth and poverty. Overall, there has been a long-term trend throughout the developed world of a "decline of marriage." The problem is not necessarily that poor women are having more children, but only that they are not getting marrying. This is a problem, he argued, because the vast majority of single families are headed by women, many of whom come from lower-class backgrounds and lack the education and skills they need to get decent jobs. Thus, the evidence shows, non-marital births lead to a cycle of poverty.

Note how the fatherless family unit has also gone up among non-POC. IN the USA a fatherless home correlates with poverty. Very few poor kids come form two parent homes. I do not blame the left for this because they had good intentions and did not have the capacity to predict the future. Ultimately the dignity of a man is related to self accomplishment rather than receiving something for nothing.

Why do you think this has anything to do with what "the left" has done, instead of intentional incarceration rates of young black men in the 50's, 60's and 70's?

Why do you think this has anything to do with what "the left" has done, instead of intentional incarceration rates of young black men in the 50's, 60's and 70's?
    There is racism in the law and the legal system.. Why must the obvious be reiterate so often? However, one can avoid prison by not doing crime. The incarceration rate today is not due to one variable (racism). The high incarceration is due to multiple factors.

By the way the rate of incarceration has fallen quite a bit in the last 15 years despite the efforts of the Clintons. Things are moving in the right direction.
    FT_20.05.05_ImprisonmentRates_1.png

That is not in the same universe as tortillas.
    It is not, but it was similar in the fact that the team was punished for the behavior of the fans. That is not terribly uncommon either. Stupid IMO but not uncommon.

I remember when the NFL tried something to stifle the home field advantage back in the 90s I think.

It is not, but it was similar in the fact that the team was punished for the behavior of the fans. That is not terribly uncommon either. Stupid IMO but not uncommon.

I remember when the NFL tried something to stifle the home field advantage back in the 90s I think.
    Trying to end racism with control of the citizenry is a new experiment. The fans got canceled; it may actually work.

BTW, Latin American culture is not as PC as the USA or Canada.

That is not in the same universe as tortillas.

Shouting "PUUUUUUUTOOOOOOO!!!" to opposing goalies is a time honored tradition in Mexican culture :hihi:

And "puto" is a versatile word: it can mean gay/homosexual , but it can also describe a man who's not very manly, a metrosexual, a male prostitute/gigolo, a womanizer, a man who indulges in debauchery...

Still, I want to see the shout changed to "PELANÁ!!!"

Last edited:
    Just reading to catch up, and forgive me if this point has been made. I couldn’t disagree more with Paul’s assertion that Italians and Germans would laugh off similar insults because they are somehow less “sensitive”. That the power of the racist word or action only derives from the perception of the targets.

The power of the racist word or deed has more to do with the actual power imbalance in the society. Today, americans of German or italian heritage would not be as offended because they are on an equal footing.

Sure, people are taught to ignore hurtful words, but that can not always be accomplished. And racist words or deeds should be dealt with, as my AA boss told me once upon a time “what you permit, you promote”.

Just reading to catch up, and forgive me if this point has been made. I couldn’t disagree more with Paul’s assertion that Italians and Germans would laugh off similar insults because they are somehow less “sensitive”. That the power of the racist word or action only derives from the perception of the targets.

The power of the racist word or deed has more to do with the actual power imbalance in the society. Today, americans of German or italian heritage would not be as offended because they are on an equal footing.
    One way to regain equal footing is to act strong. Robert McWhorter is totally immune to slurs. He has made it to the other side and feels pity for whomever has to yell an insult.

As for power imbalance: You have a point, but this is not about yelling insulting remarks. Those that have the power are very few in number. They are the Jeff Bezos and Bill Gates of the world as well as the congressmen and senators you elect. They claim to be batting for you, but that is not true.
    Sure, people are taught to ignore hurtful words, but that can not always be accomplished. And racist words or deeds should be dealt with, as my AA boss told me once upon a time “what you permit, you promote”.
    I agree, but in the end racism ends when the oppressed group earns the respect and admiration of the other group. I realize this is easier said than done, but it is the only way. Watch the Jackie Robinson movie.

Shouting "PUUUUUUUTOOOOOOO!!!" to opposing goalies is a time honored tradition in Mexican culture :hihi:

And "puto" is a versatile word: it can mean gay/homosexual , but it can also describe a man who's not very manly, a metrosexual, a male prostitute/gigolo, a womanizer, a man who indulges in debauchery...

Still, I want to see the shout changed to "PELANA!!!"
    Where I come from a "puto" is a man that sleeps with women non-stop.

A "puta" is a prostitute.

It sounds you are describing the word "maricón". That would be considered a slur.

Where I come from a "puto" is a man that sleeps with women non-stop.

A "puta" is a prostitute.

It sounds you are describing the word "maricón". That would be considered a slur.
    Maricon is too a versatile word, not as versatile as puto, though. There's also marica, but that's more CR/Panama and the northern part of SA.

One way to regain equal footing is to act strong. Robert McWhorter is totally immune to slurs. He has made it to the other side and feels pity for whomever has to yell an insult.

As for power imbalance: You have a point, but this is not about yelling insulting remarks. Those that have the power are very few in number. They are the Jeff Bezos and Bill Gates of the world as well as the congressmen and senators you elect. They claim to be batting for you, but that is not true.

I agree, but in the end racism ends when the oppressed group earns the respect and admiration of the other group. I realize this is easier said than done, but it is the only way. Watch the Jackie Robinson movie.

desegregation, voting rights, anti discriminatory hiring, etc.

are saying NONE of of those laws should have passed?

Are you saying that what should have happened was don’t pass any of those and it should be the responsibility of blacks and other minorities to prove they were worth not being racist against?

In the 60s minorities should have “earned the respect and admiration” of racists and maybe one day the racists would have said “gosh darn it, I was wrong. I now respect and admire you and your race and I now have no problem living next door to you, having my kids go to same school as yours, letting you vote or working alongside you. I wouldn’t even mind if you were my boss”

is that what you’re suggesting would have happened?

is that what you think will happen now?

That the way to solve racism is to let the racists be racist and put the burden of change on the victims of racism?

“Maybe if y’all weren’t so (racist stereotype) we wouldn’t hate you so much”

is that what you’re saying?

Because that’s what it sounds like you’re saying

desegregation, voting rights, anti discriminatory hiring, etc.

are saying NONE of of those laws should have passed?

Are you saying that what should have happened was don’t pass any of those and it should be the responsibility of blacks and other minorities to prove they were worth not being racist against?

In the 60s minorities should have “earned the respect and admiration” of racists and maybe one day the racists would have said “gosh darn it, I was wrong. I now respect and admire you and your race and I now have no problem living next door to you, having my kids go to same school as yours, letting you vote or working alongside you. I wouldn’t even mind if you were my boss”

is that what you’re suggesting would have happened?

is that what you think will happen now?

That the way to solve racism is to let the racists be racist and put the burden of change on the victims of racism?

“Maybe if y’all weren’t so (racist stereotype) we wouldn’t hate you so much”

is that what you’re saying?

Because that’s what it sounds like you’re saying
    That was a straw man.

If there is obvious racism it should be stopped. If the racism is obvious it should be easy to stop. I do not advocate looking the other way. I advocate the concept of looking bigger fish to catch. I also advocate inner strength. Do not give away so much power to haters.

Most neighborhoods are integrated. this is not the 1950s. We are making progress. There was a spam of 53 years between the Rosa Parks incident and the election of Obama by white voters. We are moving in the right direction at a very fast speed.

That was a straw man.

If there is obvious racism it should be stopped. If the racism is obvious it should be easy to stop. I do not advocate looking the other way. I advocate the concept of looking bigger fish to catch. I also advocate inner strength. Do not give away so much power to haters.

Most neighborhoods are integrated. this is not the 1950s. We are making progress. There was a spam of 53 years between the Rosa Parks incident and the election of Obama by white voters. We are moving in the right direction at a very fast speed.

Most neighborhoods are legally desegregated, but not practically. I'm the only black person most of my wife's nieces and nephews have ever known.

I do agree we have made rapid progress. I also believe we have taken a few steps backwards over the last few years which isn't unusual. Progress is usually 3 steps forward, 1 step back.

That was a straw man.

Why does acknowledging something is racist or offensive equate to giving so much power to haters? That makes no sense at all. I can easily recognize something as racist or offensive and it not affect me personally or affect my desire to achieve or give power to haters. I think we can give black people or other minorities enough credit and agency to work their way through that.

Why does acknowledging something is racist or offensive equate to giving so much power to haters? That makes no sense at all. I can easily recognize something as racist or offensive and it not affect me personally or affect my desire to achieve or give power to haters. I think we can give black people or other minorities enough credit and agency to work their way through that.
    Racism requires one group to feel inferior and the other group to feel superior. Robert McWhorter does not feel inferior so he is not bothered by insulting remarks.

A racist person will use the slur that will cause the most distress. If the recipients shows no distress then the insulting remark loses its power.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom