All things Racist...USA edition (8 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
Reaction score
I was looking for a place to put this so we could discuss but didn't really find a place that worked so I created this thread so we can all place articles, experiences, videos and examples of racism in the USA.

This is one that happened this week. The lady even called and filed a complaint on the officer. This officer also chose to wear the body cam (apparently, LA doesn't require this yet). This exchange wasn't necessarily racist IMO until she started with the "mexican racist...you will never be white, like you want" garbage. That is when it turned racist IMO

All the murderer and other insults, I think are just a by product of CRT and ACAB rhetoric that is very common on the radical left and sadly is being brought to mainstream in this country.

Another point that I think is worth mentioning is she is a teacher and the sense of entitlement she feels is mind blowing.

https://news.yahoo.com/black-teacher-berates-latino-la-221235341.html

If trust, respect, love, empathy and inclusion (whatever other mushy mealy mouth words you want to use) were our (human) default position/emotions, we never would have made it out of the caves. We are hardwired for survival. Yes, feeling will get hurt because of this, but did you die?

ETA- Not everything is broken down to the little groups people like putting in. I have learned evil is evil, no matter what color the person is, what they have between their legs, or what God they worship. I judge people (try at least) by how they act towards me and others.

I treat strangers with politeness. I am neutral with regards to respect.
I guess we have to agree to disagree. That would be the polite point of view.
What does neutral with regards to respect mean?

That sounds like another way of saying no respect.

If trust, respect, love, empathy and inclusion (whatever other mushy mealy mouth words you want to use) were our (human) default position/emotions, we never would have made it out of the caves. We are hardwired for survival. Yes, feeling will get hurt because of this, but did you die?

No

If we didn't cooperate with each other we never would have made it out of caves.

People love to say competition has gotten us where we are, but it is really cooperation in spite of competition that has gotten us to where we are.

Crushing the skulls of outsiders with rocks helped too. Forcing women to procreate aided in the expansion of the species. Somehow we evolved past all that. There's no reason we can't continue to strive toward a more civilized existence. If we just surrender to all our primal instincts the world will become a very ugly place, which is what it's devolving to.

I actually agree with you. Most black people are middle class living in suburbia. So I am as puzzled as you are about why the media pushes the narrative that America is hell and a nation that is totally racist.
A condo tower fell in Miami killing at least 40 people and more than 100 still unaccounted. Is that a narrative? Nope, it actually happened. A category 1 hurricane is currently hitting Florida. Is that a narrative? Nope, it's actually happening. The US is withdrawing from Afghanistan. Is a that a narrative? Nope, it's actually happening.
There are far more black people who are hard working, law-abiding citizens than than are criminals yet the ones who are hard working and law-abiding aren't treated that way for the most part. They are not given that benefit of the doubt. That's not a narrative, that's actually happening.

I disagree with your assertion of a media narrative that "America is hell and a nation of totally racist." January 6th showed the world what black people and many whites know to be true about this country. Cameras don't lie. People who fear the truth do. If anyone is getting the impression that America is hell and a nation of totally racists then that's because America is showing itself to be hell and a nation of tally racists.

Racism in America and the American system is not a narrative. It's a documentary.

A condo tower fell in Miami killing at least 40 people and more than 100 still unaccounted. Is that a narrative? Nope, it actually happened. A category 1 hurricane is currently hitting Florida. Is that a narrative? Nope, it's actually happening. The US is withdrawing from Afghanistan. Is a that a narrative? Nope, it's actually happening.
There are far more black people who are hard working, law-abiding citizens than than are criminals yet the ones who are hard working and law-abiding aren't treated that way for the most part. They are not given that benefit of the doubt. That's not a narrative, that's actually happening.
No disagreement!!! However, the nation is large and different according to location. Some areas of America are racist and many others are not. I think the media pushes the theme of racism a bit too much because of ratings.
I disagree with your assertion of a media narrative that "America is hell and a nation of totally racist." January 6th showed the world what black people and many whites know to be true about this country. Cameras don't lie. People who fear the truth do. If anyone is getting the impression that America is hell and a nation of totally racists then that's because America is showing itself to be hell and a nation of tally racists.
What I saw was a bunch of idiot rednecks that have low IQ and low self esteem. I am not worried about those yahoos. I am more worried about the invisible forces that shape the narrative. You said: "If anyone is getting the impression that America is hell and a nation of totally racists then that's because America is showing itself to be hell and a nation of tally racists". It is unfortunate you feel that way because I have seen massive progress in the time I have lived in America. I arrived as a teenager in the 1960s.

If you showed the state of America today to a POC in 1955 he would not believe it. If you told someone in 1960 that America was going to have a black POTUS they would laugh at you. We are making progress and yet there is more despair and PTSD. I think the media has something to do with that.
Please listen to McWhorter:

Racism in America and the American system is not a narrative. It's a documentary.
Yes, but you fail to see the improvements.

What does neutral with regards to respect mean?

That sounds like another way of saying no respect.
Respect also implies admiration. I cannot respect or admire a person that i know nothing about. Why is that an issue? I thought politeness was more than enough. We can also add kindness, courtesy, and friendliness. However, respect has to be earned. That is my opinion.

Yes, but you fail to see the improvements.
No. I don't fail to see the improvements because my life is still impacted every day by the legacy. I see it as it is. I see it as I experience it. I see it as my children experience it.

If someone is beating you everyday and then cut down to beating you every other day, would you see that as an improvement too? You shouldn't be beaten in the first place and person doing the beating should admit guilt, not try to justify it.

Yeah, about 40% of whites decided to elect a black POTUS. I consider that significant particularly because McCain and Romney were moderates. Without that 40%v there is no Obama.
That’s quite a reach just in order to give credit to whites for Obama’s election… when the strong majority of them did not vote for him.

BTW, McCain and Romney were not moderates. They were moderate Republicans. They were both still quite to the right. Obama is closer to a moderate (the middle) than either of those two and it’s not even close.

No. I don't fail to see the improvements because my life is still impacted every day by the legacy. I see it as it is. I see it as I experience it. I see it as my children experience it.

If someone is beating you everyday and then cut down to beating you every other day, would you see that as an improvement too? You shouldn't be beaten in the first place and person doing the beating should admit guilt, not try to justify it.

We seem to think it is reasonable to expect people to accept that equality is going to come on a longer time scale than their lifetime.

Even if that might be the truth, we shouldn't expect anyone to find it acceptable.

We need to find unity rather than more division.
As a Latin American I am usually the only one of my kind everywhere I go. The solution is simple: When in Rome do as the Romans and move on. Some Romans will say "you are not a Roman", however, others will see familiarity and fellowship.
Out of curiosity, what part of Latin America? I believe you said you're first generation, so where were your folks from?

That’s quite a reach just in order to give credit to whites for Obama’s election… when the strong majority of them did not vote for him.

BTW, McCain and Romney were not moderates. They were moderate Republicans. They were both still quite to the right. Obama is closer to a moderate (the middle) than either of those two and it’s not even close.
There is no acknowledgement of progress, that is clear.

McCain saved ACA and Romney marched with BLM.
1625675684247.jpeg

OK, I do not have your perspective. Could you be more specific? I would like to understand what is going on. What happens to you on a daily basis?

Let's talk about the present.
That is convenient to define racism as only being in the present.

How present do you want to be? Is 30-40 years ago enough or does it have to be yesterday? Was the Southern Strategy racist because black people were too easily offended? Was the murder of James Craig Anderson only racist because he felt inferior as the truck ran him over? Is the fact that blacks receive harsher prison sentences for committing the same crimes with the same criminal backgrounds only because the black people feel not as superior as the white people being charged?

Out of curiosity, what part of Latin America? I believe you said you're first generation, so where were your folks from?
I was born outside the USA, south of the border. I do not want to give away the nationality. I have been here for nearly 50 years and have seen massive positive changes. I am saddened by the despair I see in some segments of America. The happiest Latin Americans I have encountered are the ones that integrate and intermarry into the USA.

There is no acknowledgement of progress, that is clear.

McCain saved ACA and Romney marched with BLM.
Acknowledging progress? Claiming that “white people elected Obama” is not “acknowledging progress” it is whitewashing facts (literally).

Ooh, two politicians from the right did something decent once or twice. Let’s throw a party for them and call them “moderates” now.

When members of a minority finally get the rights they should have had in the first place (women’s right to vote, civil rights for blacks, gay marriage, equal pay by gender oops not that one yet) yes it’s true they have to convince enough of the majority that has refused to give them those rights to actually be human and see things the way they should be, and sometimes that takes a while and sometimes it takes “courage” for those in the majority to buck the current attitudes and do what is right. Believe it or not those people historically do get applauded and recognized. But to claim it was the majority group who did any of those things is ridiculous.

Acknowledging progress? Claiming that “white people elected Obama” is not “acknowledging progress” it is whitewashing facts (literally).

Ooh, two politicians from the right did something decent once or twice. Let’s throw a party for them and call them “moderates” now.

When members of a minority finally get the rights they should have had in the first place (women’s right to vote, civil rights for blacks, gay marriage, equal pay by gender oops not that one yet) yes it’s true they have to convince enough of the majority that has refused to give them those rights to actually be human and see things the way they should be, and sometimes that takes a while and sometimes it takes “courage” for those in the majority to buck the current attitudes and do what is right. Believe it or not those people historically do get applauded and recognized. But to claim it was the majority group who did any of those things is ridiculous.
Everybody in America has the same rights. The issue is discrimination.

It is unlawful to pay women less than men. However, there is a gender pay gap related to multiple factors that have no relationship to gender discrimination. Women have the right to vote.

We are going about these issues the wrong way guys. The solutions lie elsewhere.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom