/* */

All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

This is so stupid. It was a novel corona virus. They weren’t sure how it was spread. They had to make some recommendations and quickly, because it was killing people.

Read the above slowly over and over until you understand.

So I read the "news" article from the Post and they never link to Fauci ever saying anything.

The link is a summary from James Comer.

In other words, completely worthless
    Garbage source and SFL doesn’t read what he posts, evidently.

SFL, it would be really stupid to ban gain of function research. For one thing, it’s not a very clear, cut-and dried term. And most vaccine research relies on either gain or loss of function research.

We have some very promising mRNA vaccines in the pipeline for melanoma and pancreatic cancer. Who knows what will be next. You would throw that away because of a disputed theory about the origins of Covid? Where almost all of the scientists come down on natural origin?

There were 2 strains of the virus that appeared in Wuhan at about the same time. One died out, and one didn’t. Nobody associated with the lab had early Covid, and 12 out of the first 17-18 cases had a direct link to the market. The genetic analysis of the virus shows a strong indication of a natural origin.

It is hilarious to me that you normally spit on every statement from the intelligence community and the FBI and assume they are lying at every turn, but when they say something you like - suddenly you believe them over independent scientists? Plus the intelligence and FBI assessments were put out before the last round of research was published. For all we know they have re-evaluated by now.

You don’t know what you’re talking about. All you post is twisted words and lies.

The theatre point went right over your head.
    It didn't go over my head. I know exactly what you were saying and your claim was and still is false. You apparently know you made an invalid claim and are doing everything you can to not admit or take responsibility for making it.

Why wont you answer the question?
    Because it's irrelevant to the invalid claim that you made.

You can yell squirrel all you want, but that won't distract me or anyone from the fact you made an invalid claim.

We discussing my warped sense of reality, your words, so I am just trying to find your sense of reality.
    I accurately know that the reality is that most of the people in Congress were not theater students in high school and college, unlike what you claimed. That's the only sense of reality of mine that is relevant to the false claim that you made. But, hey, keep yelling squirrel if you want to. It's no skin off my back.

It appears you know you are in a pickle.
    People in a pickle try to change the subject to deflect from the pickle they are in.

Have you seen me try to deflect from the subject of the false claim that you made that most narcissists and the people in Congress were theater students in high school and college? No you haven't.

Are you trying to do everything you can to ignore and deflect from the false claim that you made? Yes, you are.

Can you provide a example of where I have retreated by my beliefs?
    For starters, right now you've abandoned any effort to explain or defend the false claim that you made that most narcissists and people in Congress were theater students (the theater kids) in high school and college. Instead you keep trying to deflect to an entirely different subject. Homey ain't playing that, no matter how many times and how many ways you yell squirrel.

This conversation ends in only one of three ways, you show credible evidence the claim you made is an accurate reflection of reality, you admit that the claim you made wasn't an accurate reflection reality, or you step away from the conversation. It's your choice.

As long as you keep responding with deflections, I'm going to keep ignoring your deflections while sticking to the actual subject of the claim you made.

Last edited:
    It didn't go over my head. I know exactly what you were saying and your claim was and still is false. You apparently know you made an invalid claim and are doing everything you can to not admit or take responsibility for making it.

Because it's irrelevant to the invalid claim that you made.

You can yell squirrel all you want, but that won't distract me or anyone from the fact you made an invalid claim.

I accurately know that the reality is that most of the people in Congress were not theater students in high school and college, unlike what you claimed. That's the only sense of reality of mine that is relevant to the false claim that you made. But, hey, keep yelling squirrel if you want to. It's no skin off my back.

People in a pickle try to change the subject to deflect from the pickle they are in.

Have you seen me try to deflect from the subject of the false claim that you made that most narcissists and the people in Congress were theater students in high school and college? No you haven't.

Are you trying to do everything you can to ignore and deflect from the false claim that you made? Yes, you are.

For starters, right now you've abandoned any effort to explain or defend the false claim that you made that most narcissists and people in Congress were theater students (the theater kids) in high school and college. Instead you keep trying to deflect to an entirely different subject. Homey ain't playing that, no matter how many times and how many ways you yell squirrel.

This conversation ends in only one of three ways, you show credible evidence the claim you made is an accurate reflection of reality, you admit that the claim you made wasn't an accurate reflection reality, or you step away from the conversation. It's your choice.

As long as you keep responding with deflections, I'm going to keep ignoring your deflections while sticking to the actual subject of the claim you made.
    If you are accusing him of having a warped sense of reality, then you should be able to answer a simple question. Can a man have a baby? If you refuse to answer that question, then you have no room to talk about anyone else having a warped sense of reality.

If you are accusing him of having a warped sense of reality, then you should be able to answer a simple question. Can a man have a baby? If you refuse to answer that question, then you have no room to talk about anyone else having a warped sense of reality.
    I don't mean to be harsh, but you guys have absolutely lost the plot. You can't just say ludicrous things like "most of our politicians ... are all the theatre kids from high school and college" and then when called out on it, just go "BUT CAN MEN HAVE BABIES?!?!?" over and over again.

You know full well that some trans men can have babies but you disagree over whether they can be called men in any context whatsoever. That's it. It's not complicated. And it certainly doesn't make mindlessly going "CAN MEN HAVE BABIES?!?!?" a get out of jail free card for any idiotic thing you care to say. It has no bearing whatsoever on completely unrelated daftness.

I don't mean to be harsh, but you guys have absolutely lost the plot. You can't just say ludicrous things like "most of our politicians ... are all the theatre kids from high school and college" and then when called out on it, just go "BUT CAN MEN HAVE BABIES?!?!?" over and over again.

You know full well that some trans men can have babies but you disagree over whether they can be called men in any context whatsoever. That's it. It's not complicated. And it certainly doesn't make mindlessly going "CAN MEN HAVE BABIES?!?!?" a get out of jail free card for any idiotic thing you care to say. It has no bearing whatsoever on completely unrelated daftness.
    Men can't have babies despite what you want to call them. If someone thinks a man can have babies, then they have mo business accusing someone else of having a warped sense of reality.

Men can't have babies despite what you want to call them. If someone thinks a man can have babies, then they have mo business accusing someone else of having a warped sense of reality.
    You're doing that thing where you reply to a post while completely ignoring the contents of it again.

@SaintForLife quick question.

Let's say you're right about all of this, and we're all wrong.

Then what? What is your desired outcome other than "I told you so"?

@SaintForLife quick question.

Let's say you're right about all of this, and we're all wrong.

Then what? What is your desired outcome other than "I told you so"?
    The people who were responsible for enabling, funding the gain of function research as well as the censorship of discussions of Covid, vaccines, etc should be held responsible.

Also gain of function research should be banned. No research is worth 20 million deaths.

The people who were responsible for enabling, funding the gain of function research as well as the censorship of discussions of Covid, vaccines, etc should be held responsible.

Also gain of function research should be banned. No research is worth 20 million deaths.
    Facebook and other social media outlets removing posts that gave false information is not censorship. Here we go again

Facebook and other social media outlets removing posts that gave false information is not censorship. Here we go again
    And we see this thirst to blame people for something they just don’t like. Take Fauci, who has more experience with infectious disease than almost anyone. And who had to deal with an arrogant unreasonable POTUS. They want to go back and blame him as if he did something to hurt them. It’s whiny, vindictive and stupid behavior.

They think Fauci is some evil mastermind who wanted to unleash the virus. Yeah, he worked extremely hard to control multiple pandemics over public service covering decades, so that he could change course and “help” this particular pandemic. It makes zero sense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom