All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

Oh stop your crying and look in the mirror at your own posts. You have no room to talk based on how you reply to people you disagree with.
    Show me where I have used this particular method to tell someone if they don’t do what I want, that means they think this or support that? You cannot.

And you claim some of us are crazy about Russia? Russia evidently has nothing on the CIA, lol.

So the piece from the NYT in 1997 (🤪) reads like an opinion piece. Long on opinion short on facts.

Your Consortium News piece is from a far-left, pro-Russian organization. It’s from 2014.

The ProPublica piece is from 2010.

These are all pretty old articles. 🤷‍♀️ May or may not be relevant at this point.

And you claim some of us are crazy about Russia? Russia evidently has nothing on the CIA, lol.

So the piece from the NYT in 1997 (🤪) reads like an opinion piece. Long on opinion short on facts.

Your Consortium News piece is from a far-left, pro-Russian organization. It’s from 2014.

The ProPublica piece is from 2010.

These are all pretty old articles. 🤷‍♀️ May or may not be relevant at this point.
    Consortium News isn't a Pro-Russiam organization. It from the distinguished journalist Robert Parry. He was known for his role in covering the Iran–Contra affair for the Associated Press and Newsweek, including breaking the Psychological Operations in Guerrilla Warfare and the CIA involvement in Contra cocaine trafficking in the U.S. scandal in 1985.

You accusing anyone you disagree with of supporting Russia is a laughable crutch.

The NYT article is not an opinion piece. You just can't help yourself with your silly transparent message board tactics that you think discredits things.

Huge swing and a miss. Will you still post article from CIA mouthpiece Anne Applebaum with her being on the board of the National Endowment for Democracy?

Consortium News isn't a Pro-Russiam organization. It from the distinguished journalist Robert Parry. He was known for his role in covering the Iran–Contra affair for the Associated Press and Newsweek, including breaking the Psychological Operations in Guerrilla Warfare and the CIA involvement in Contra cocaine trafficking in the U.S. scandal in 1985.

You accusing anyone you disagree with of supporting Russia is a laughable crutch.

The NYT article is not an opinion piece. You just can't help yourself with your silly transparent message board tactics that you think discredits things.

Huge swing and a miss. Will you still post article from CIA mouthpiece Anne Applebaum with her being on the board of the National Endowment for Democracy?
    Consortium News is extremely biased. That’s just a fact. It’s not trying to be objective. And Robert Parry is dead. Breitbart was respectable while their founder was alive, biased but at least respectable. They are now just another propaganda site with zero basis in reality. Consortium News has been found to be putting out false reporting about Ukraine recently. Plus the article you posted is ten years old.

How do you know the NYT article isn’t an opinion piece? It sure reads like one. And it’s over 25 years old.

Your stance would be more credible if you had less biased and more recent sources.

Oh, and I will propose a challenge for you. Do a search and see how many times you mention the CIA per post versus how many times I mention Russia per post. Let’s see who is more obsessed.

The UK is in the grip of a sudden spike in measles, with health officials declaring the outbreak a ‘national incident’.

The surge has been linked to a decline in vaccine uptake, as a rise in health disinformation and ‘anti-vax’ conspiracy theories has put parents off getting their children jabbed.

There were 209 laboratory confirmed cases in 2023 – almost quadruple the number recorded in the previous year.

However not all measles cases are laboratory confirmed. There were 1,603 suspected cases of measles in England and Wales in 2023, based on notifications from doctors making a diagnosis. That’s up from 735 suspected cases in 2022...........

Consortium News is extremely biased. That’s just a fact. It’s not trying to be objective. And Robert Parry is dead. Breitbart was respectable while their founder was alive, biased but at least respectable. They are now just another propaganda site with zero basis in reality. Consortium News has been found to be putting out false reporting about Ukraine recently. Plus the article you posted is ten years old.

How do you know the NYT article isn’t an opinion piece? It sure reads like one. And it’s over 25 years old.

Your stance would be more credible if you had less biased and more recent sources.

Oh, and I will propose a challenge for you. Do a search and see how many times you mention the CIA per post versus how many times I mention Russia per post. Let’s see who is more obsessed.
    This is the silliness of his argument. I wholely agree that we should try to encourage liberal democracies. At minimum because it leads to peaceful existence. This is based on the idea that liberal democracies don't wage wars against each other. A foreign policy concept introduced in those intro classes. Similarly, the endowment has these same goals. And adjacently, some of the cia's operation qualifies for under these same goals. Therefore, via the transitive property. I am a Cia spy. Wtf????? A freaking 3rd grader understand this isnt so. This has been addressed many times. Yet this notion cannot be digested. Seriously? Further this isn't even guilt by association. The only clear accusation came from Chinese foreign services saying that the Cia runs that endowment.

Last edited:
    That article said precisely the same as my post.

The National Endowment for Democracy, created 15 years ago to do in the open what the Central Intelligence Agency has done surreptitiously for decades, spends $30 million a year to support things like political parties, labor unions, dissident movements and the news media in dozens of countries, including China.

The endowment has financed unions in France, Paraguay, the Philippines and Panama. In the mid-1980's, it provided $5 million to Polish emigres to keep the Solidarity movement alive. It has underwritten moderate political parties in Portugal, Costa Rica, Bolivia and Northern Ireland. It provided a $400,000 grant for political groups in Czechoslovakia that backed the election of Vaclav Havel as president in 1990. For the Nicaraguan election of 1990, it provided more than $3 million in ''technical'' assistance, some of which was used to bolster Violeta Barrios de Chamorro, the presidential candidate favored by the United States.

Supporting freedom and democracy world wide - IN THE OPEN

It is NOT a CIA operation but openly showing support for democratic movements both in democracies and totalitarian regimes. The only ones who should be against that is people who support totalitarian and non-democratic regimes.

You making yet another vague claim with nothing to back up that Consortiumnews is extremely biased. Let me guess. It's some government funded group that tells you who you should listen to and who you shouldn't?

I'm chuckling to myself at how often you try to discredit something by saying it's an opinion. That NYTs article had specic quotes. Once again, vague claim with no specificity.

Do I ever post any people who run PR for oppressive dictators like you do? Nope

I mention the CIA in response & almost as many times as you or others claim I'm a Russia or a Putin supporter. If you think I mention the CIA a lot its because many of you reflexively and seemingly uncontrollably accuse me of supporting Russia constantly.

You making yet another vague claim with nothing to back up that Consortiumnews is extremely biased. Let me guess. It's some government funded group that tells you who you should listen to and who you shouldn't?

I'm chuckling to myself at how often you try to discredit something by saying it's an opinion. That NYTs article had specic quotes. Once again, vague claim with no specificity.

Do I ever post any people who run PR for oppressive dictators like you do? Nope

I mention the CIA in response & almost as many times as you or others claim I'm a Russia or a Putin supporter. If you think I mention the CIA a lot its because many of you reflexively and seemingly uncontrollably accuse me of supporting Russia constantly.
    Good job proving our points, lol

This is so sad. A whole lot of people didn’t have to die. Imagine if she ever figures out that the vaccine would have probably saved her dad from death, and she didn’t encourage him to get it.

This is so sad. A whole lot of people didn’t have to die. Imagine if she ever figures out that the vaccine would have probably saved her dad from death, and she didn’t encourage him to get it.

Responsible for her dad's death. She'll never understand how/why or admit that her extremist views caused this. From some other posts, her parents were not anti-vax, she convinced them it was bad for them or something.

US, Chinese Researchers Wanted to Engineer Virus Similar to Covid One Year before Pandemic Outbreak, Internal Documents Show

You realize U.S. right to know is funded by antivaxxers and conspiracy nuts right? Sorry, but they are the most dangerous cult in the U.S. and worldwide.

You realize U.S. right to know is funded by antivaxxers and conspiracy nuts right? Sorry, but they are the most dangerous cult in the U.S. and worldwide.

Omg antivax. Call the police!

Luckily they have the receipts and evidence from emails, government documents, private messages obtained from FOIA requests.

It's obvious you never consider the source or follow the money when you make wild claims
    and tweet dump.

In Mr. Ruskin's case, it might as well be the equivalent of a journal called Obama Birther Flat Earthers 9/11 Truthers Against Vaccines For UFOs. That's how the science community looks at an article quote-mining one email exchange that appears in the social science journal Critical Public Health.

It's obvious you never consider the source or follow the money when you make wild claims
    and tweet dump.

In Mr. Ruskin's case, it might as well be the equivalent of a journal called Obama Birther Flat Earthers 9/11 Truthers Against Vaccines For UFOs. That's how the science community looks at an article quote-mining one email exchange that appears in the social science journal Critical Public Health.

You need to figure out how to debate the actual topic at hand. The is the same tactic used by conservatives on this board that don't want to discuss the topic on it's merits.

Explain to me how a article from 5 years ago by Gary Ruskin, who wasn't the investigate journalist for this article, has anything to do with this? Why do I care? Can you show how it' prejudiced Ms. Knopp's reporting?

If I was going to steel man this I would say something like "This is still only circumstantial evidence. Unless China, decides on full transparency we may never know the real origin."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom