All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

You know, if Trump continues to subtly alienate his main Congressional followers, senators, and his MAGA crowd, thats actually a good thing if you're a member of Team Blue, because its evidence of the slow, perhaps inevitable cracks or disillusionment of Trump from his primary core political base and-without Trump- GOP has no real legitimate POTUS candidate thats serviceable or has a realistic chance of running and winning POTUS in 2024. A few MAGA politicians, albeit quietly, and maybe even some in the MAGA universe are starting to doubt Trump's viability and reliability when he'll be 78 years old once 2024 comes around. Trumpism doesn't exist without a charismatic, meglomaniacal autocratic leader at the center and there aren't any newer, younger " Trumpist "-styled politicians who can take hold of his following, be embraced by it and consolidate it as part of their new movements.

Desantis isn't that guy, he's a low-level wannabe Trump. Tom Cotton won't be presidential material for another 10-15 years and while he's a bit of a proto-authoritarian, he doesn't have Trump's charisma, mesmerizing effect on voters or groups, although he is more intelligent, and politically savvy then other would-be, wannabe Trumpists. But outside Arkansas, he doesn't have much a national following and profile.
    Yeah, we can always hope Trump croaks or succeeds in turning The Base's inherent rabies upon himself.

BTW, I followed Rotten Al because of an NFL cartoon video he made a long time ago. I will look for it, but I‘m not sure I can find it.

As an aside, those numbers bear out in the large health care system i work for.

Here’s a trip down memory lane for you all, 😁

https://www.dailywire.com/news/demo...-be-inflated-by-50-makes-move-to-change-count

Governor Kathy Hochul (D-NY) admitted Monday that hospitalizations in New York are likely being over counted by as much as 50%.

Speaking in Rochester, the Democrat noted that people who are admitted to a hospital for something like a car accident might test positive for COVID. These people are not being treated for the virus, but for their injuries from the accident, yet they are being counted in their COVID hospitalization totals.

“Someone is in a car accident they go to the emergency room they test positive for COVID while they’re there, they’re not they’re being treated for COVID,” Hochul explained, reported News 10’s Jennifer Lewke.

“Now someone’s condition can worsen while they’re in the hospital,” the governor continued, “I’m not saying that won’t happen, but I’ve just been doing a random call around to some of the hospital leaders that I touch base with and I’m seeing numbers from 20% to sometimes 50%. We don’t have clear data right now, that’s anecdotal.”

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/319822 -
    Fauci also admitting and explaining.

https://money.yahoo.com/expert-warns-cloth-masks-useless-215341566.html

“We should be keeping the events that are safe and also the events that have fun for people too. We can’t be cancelling everything, especially if we’re going to be living with Covid for the foreseeable future,” she added.

“I would say that if you choose to go, make sure that you’re vaccinated and boosted, make sure that you’re wearing a mask, even though it’s outdoors, if there are lots of people packed around you, wear a three-ply surgical mask,” Dr Wen said. “Don’t wear a cloth mask.”

“Cloth masks are little more than facial decorations. There’s no place for them in light of Omicron. And so wear a high-quality mask, at least a three-ply surgical mask,” she added.

Is this disinformation? If Rogan or Trump said it, it would be. Why not now? Data changed?

https://www.dailywire.com/news/demo...-be-inflated-by-50-makes-move-to-change-count

Governor Kathy Hochul (D-NY) admitted Monday that hospitalizations in New York are likely being over counted by as much as 50%.

Speaking in Rochester, the Democrat noted that people who are admitted to a hospital for something like a car accident might test positive for COVID. These people are not being treated for the virus, but for their injuries from the accident, yet they are being counted in their COVID hospitalization totals.

“Someone is in a car accident they go to the emergency room they test positive for COVID while they’re there, they’re not they’re being treated for COVID,” Hochul explained, reported News 10’s Jennifer Lewke.

“Now someone’s condition can worsen while they’re in the hospital,” the governor continued, “I’m not saying that won’t happen, but I’ve just been doing a random call around to some of the hospital leaders that I touch base with and I’m seeing numbers from 20% to sometimes 50%. We don’t have clear data right now, that’s anecdotal.”

This is just being transparent. In the beginning this wasn’t the case because testing was very scarce and they only tested people who presented with Covid symptoms. In fact the death toll from the first 6-8 months or so was probably a significant undercount, as they didn’t have reliable testing and often deaths were just listed as “pneumonia” since they couldn’t prove it was Covid.

Now, and for the last 6 months or so, everyone who is admitted to the hospital gets a Covid test. It’s not a new development. If it’s positive it gets counted as a Covid case.

Anyone who presents this as some sort of conspiracy is just blowing smoke up your arse.

This is just being transparent. In the beginning this wasn’t the case because testing was very scarce and they only tested people who presented with Covid symptoms. In fact the death toll from the first 6-8 months or so was probably a significant undercount, as they didn’t have reliable testing and often deaths were just listed as “pneumonia” since they couldn’t prove it was Covid.

Now, and for the last 6 months or so, everyone who is admitted to the hospital gets a Covid test. It’s not a new development. If it’s positive it gets counted as a Covid case.

Anyone who presents this as some sort of conspiracy is just blowing smoke up your arse.
    Well, then I am blowing smoke up my own arse because the covid count has always been a scare tactic as far as I am concerned.
    Just like that guy that died in a motorcycle accident but had covid so was counted as a covid death.

You think that because you are being told it. You have no personal knowledge about how cases are being counted in general and your decision to rely on certain sources will always give you a distorted view.

Wouldn't all of medicine and healthcare be "playing God?"
    =======================================

Oh ye of little faith. Sen. Ron “just-asking-questions” Johnson (R-WI) is outraged that these high-and-mighty scientists think they can just go around making something that prevents deadly sickness instead of just leaving it to the Almighty.

During an interview with local radio host Vicki McKenna on Monday, RonJohn reiterated some of the same anti-vaxxer rhetoric he’s been not-so-subtly adopting for months now, but this time he brought God into the mix.

While seemingly suggesting he has no idea how asymptomatic COVID-19 cases work, the Wisconsin senator also went after the science community, questioning the basis for vaccine development and asking why experts “assume that our natural immunity is going to be awful” or “non-existent.”

“Why do we assume that the body’s natural immune system isn’t the marvel that it really is?” he asked. He then moved into more chaotic realms.

“Why do we think that we can create something better than God in terms of combating disease?” the GOP senator fumed. “There are certain things we have to do, but we have made just so many assumptions and it’s all pointed toward everybody getting a vaccine.”............

You think that because you are being told it. You have no personal knowledge about how cases are being counted in general and your decision to rely on certain sources will always give you a distorted view.
    Do you think I hang on the word of a Democratic governor in NY? She is saying it.

Do you think that you have told this narrative for the last 2 years by the government (to remove Trump) and media and now the actual science is catching up and you can't imagine you fell for it, so you are holding on?

So is it safe to say most anti-vaxers are Republicans?

Is it safe to say the republicans are willing and susceptible victims to anti-science propaganda?

This is just WOW.

Do you think I hang on the word of a Democratic governor in NY? She is saying it.

Do you think that you have told this narrative for the last 2 years by the government (to remove Trump) and media and now the actual science is catching up and you can't imagine you fell for it, so you are holding on?
    No. I have worked in a hospital during this pandemic. I had a neighbor die from Covid in 2020. Everything that has happened is adequately explained by the science. My degree is a science degree, I have spent my career working in the medical field using science.

I would be willing to bet you didn’t read the words of the NY Governor, you read an article slanting what she said to fit the narrative they want you to follow. You are the one who has fallen for a load of crap here.

So is it safe to say most anti-vaxers are Republicans?

Is it safe to say the republicans are willing and susceptible victims to anti-science propaganda?

This is just WOW.

I assume Tucker is out of the NY office? If so he must be vaxxed to appear on air. Fox News doesn't even let you do daily testing as an opt out anymore.

Trump essentially did that tour with the talking point "Get MY vaccine" to conservatives like Farb. That means the top of the party is worried about all the conserative bodies dropping. I'm surprised Murdoch hasn't shortened the leash on this crap.

Wait, I'm confused. That was an MSNBC clip they showed of Fauci. So can we trust MSNBC to report news accurately or are they a leftist rag?

Can we trust what Fauci says or should he be fired for lying to the American people?

I do not understand how you can REASONABLY disqualify a source when you don't like what they say, and then quote that source when you like what they say.

Can you help me with that?

Odds that she's really already taken the shot?
    ================================

Candace Owens’ opposition to the Covid-19 vaccine is so vehement, she’s willing to die for it.

The Daily Wire pundit has been in the news of late thanks to her interview with former President Donald Trump, and her criticism of his pro-vaccine stance. But there have been recurring questions about the sincerity of her position. Part of this stems from a photo of Owens that was taken at a UFC event in Madison Square Garden months ago at which, pursuant to New York City law, all attendees age 12 and up were required to show proof of vaccination.

Media Matters’ Josh Campbell flagged a segment of Candace in which the eponymous host declared “I am obviously unvaccinated” in response to public skepticism. She then proceeded to outline the full extent of her vaccine opposition:

I am not getting this vaccine. Ever! Never going to get it. I don’t care if I’m on my deathbed and they say it can save you, I’m not going to get it. I’m principally now opposed to it, and I do not understand why anyone who is healthy, able-bodied and young would ever get this vaccine if you’re not at risk of Covid.

Because School board meetings weren't crazy enough
    ==============================

Former President Donald Trump called on his supporters to "rise up" against possible vaccine mandates for "school-aged children" on the eve of the first anniversary of the January 6 insurrection led by his supporters.

"Now, there's talk by the Biden Administration again about closing schools and even vaccine mandates for school children," Trump said in a statement released by his Save America PAC. "This is an outrage, and MAGA nation should rise up and oppose this egregious federal government overreach."

Trump's statement pointed to news reports that the Detroit Public Schools Community District could impose a COVID-19 vaccine requirement for all students before the start of the next school year. The district, Michigan's largest, currently has a vaccine mandate for staff that will go into effect next month, local station WXYZ reports. Superintendent Nikolai Vitti told the station the mandate could be extended to students if it passes a legal review.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that all Americans age five and older receive a COVID-19 shot. Vaccine mandates for public school students are typically enforced at the state level. According to the National Conference on State Legislatures, all 50 states have various requirements for other vaccinations for public school students............

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom