All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

Not surprising b/c I think some of this info was already known or assumed.

The report’s key points include how the Trump White House “instructed CDC career scientists to destroy evidence of political interference,” “pressured the Food and Drug Administration to authorize ineffective coronavirus treatments,” “neglected the pandemic response to focus on the 2020 election and the ‘Big Lie,'” and “used personal email accounts to conduct official business.”

All in all, the report concluded, the Trump administration’s series of actions during this critical time amounted to “one of the worst failures of leadership in American history.”

Not surprising b/c I think some of this info was already known or assumed.

The report’s key points include how the Trump White House “instructed CDC career scientists to destroy evidence of political interference,” “pressured the Food and Drug Administration to authorize ineffective coronavirus treatments,” “neglected the pandemic response to focus on the 2020 election and the ‘Big Lie,'” and “used personal email accounts to conduct official business.”

All in all, the report concluded, the Trump administration’s series of actions during this critical time amounted to “one of the worst failures of leadership in American history.”

Charges?

If a business keeps getting warnings from multiple safety inspectors, 'your electrical isn't up to code, it's a hazard, it's dangerous’ and that business owner does nothing and the building catches on fire due to the faulty electrical system, burns to the ground and kills people, that owner is in a shirt load of trouble

How is this any different?

Last edited:
    Charges?

If a business keeps getting warnings from multiple safety inspectors, 'your electrical isn't up to code, it's a hazard, it's dangersous' and that business owner does nothing and the building catches on fire due to the faulty electrical system, burns to the ground and kills people, that owner is in a shirt load of trouble

How is this any different?

the rich/powerful/influential have their own set of rules

Sarah Palin joins the fray

And I wouldn’t be at all surprised if it came out that she is indeed vaccinated
    ===============

Sarah Palin, rocket scientist, offered her thoughts on the coronavirus vaccine at a far-right conference in Arizona over the weekend.
“It will be over my dead body that I’ll have to get a shot,” she proclaimed.

Unlikely, governor.

Phase III trials have shown that the vaccines fail to generate a robust immune response when administered to dead people.

But Palin’s talk of dead bodies is on point. By discouraging vaccination, she and Tucker Carlson and the rest of the anti-science right are quite literally getting people killed. Studies show that those living in the most pro-Trump counties in the United States are dying from covid-19 at a rate more than five times higher than in the most anti-Trump counties.

Palin’s pronouncements should come with a surgeon-general-style caution: “WARNING: SIGNIFICANTLY INCREASES YOUR RISK OF DYING FROM COVID.”

The Fox News crowd bristles at the notion that the Trumpified Republican Party has taken on aspects of a cult. But it’s looking more and more like a death cult, as my friend Sidney Blumenthal puts it.

Nine hundred members of the Peoples Temple died at Jonestown. Thirty-nine died in the Heaven’s Gate mass suicide. But tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of Republicans are dying unnecessarily from covid-19 because they refuse to get vaccinated.

Blogger Charles Gaba, who has been tracking coronavirus death rates by county, reported Monday that since June 30, there have been about 117 deaths per 100,000 people in the reddest 10 percent of the United States (as measured by counties’ vote share for Donald Trump in 2020) — nearly six times the death rate of about 21 per 100,000 in the bluest decile.

Likewise, the 100 million people who live in the most pro-Trump 30 percent of the United States had a death rate of about 98 per 100,000 since June 30 — more than triple the 30 per 100,000 among the people who live in the least pro-Trump 30 percent…….

Palin told the crowd to “stiffen your spine” in the battle against vaccine requirements. She claimed she had “natural immunity” because she had covid-19 early this year, and therefore, “I won’t do it and, um, they better not touch my kids either.”……

Trump between a rock and a hard place

He wants credit for the vaccine, but his base hates it
    ===================================

Former President Trump in an interview with conservative media personality Candace Owens pushed back over her claims undermining the efficacy of COVID-19 vaccines.

In a Tuesday episode of the Daily Wire show "Candace," Trump told Owens that he takes credit for the "incredible speed" of how the vaccines were developed during his time in office and his partnership with private pharmaceutical companies.

"I came up with a vaccine, with three vaccines," Trump told Owens. "All are very, very good. Came up with three of them in less than nine months. It was supposed to take five to 12 years."

Owens then said to Trump that more people died from the virus in 2021 than in 2020 even with the vaccine being administered to the public, taking a shot at President Biden.

"Yet more people have died under COVID this year," Owens told Trump. "By the way, under Joe Biden, than under you and more people took the vaccine this year. So people are questioning how-"

"Oh no, the vaccines work, but some people aren't the ones. The ones who get very sick and go to the hospital are the ones that don't take the vaccine. But it's still their choice. And if you take the vaccine, you're protected," Trump told Owens............

No one to blame but himself. Yes, the vaccines were developed in amazing time under his administration, and he certainly deserves credit for that. But, if he hadn’t started downplaying COVID from the jump, his base may actually take it seriously.

No one to blame but himself. Yes, the vaccines were developed in amazing time under his administration, and he certainly deserves credit for that. But, if he hadn’t started downplaying COVID from the jump, his base may actually take it seriously.

He straight up sabotaged the covid response until it started hitting red states. Why make a statement now? It's conservatives that are overwhelming dying of covid as the only holdouts. It's been primarily older Americans who vote every single election. The current situation is a self-realized nightmare for them.

It’s kind of funny watching people call out Trump for not pushing the vaccine sooner when the receipts show that they themselves were screaming (anywhere and everywhere) that they wouldn’t trust a vaccine that was rushed by his presidency. Lulz I tell ya, lulz.

It’s kind of funny watching people call out Trump for not pushing the vaccine sooner when the receipts show that they themselves were screaming (anywhere and everywhere) that they wouldn’t trust a vaccine that was rushed by his presidency. Lulz I tell ya, lulz.

Who is saying Trump didn't push the vaccine? It's was pretty much the only helpful narrative he pushed during the pandemic.

As far as not trusting the vaccine, the only person you can be referencing is Kamala. This is the quote:

If the public health professionals, if Dr. Fauci, if the doctors tell us that we should take it, I’ll be the first in line to take it. Absolutely. But if Donald Trump tells us that we should take it, I’m not taking it

You misrepresented one position to try and make a point mispresenting another.

Who is saying Trump didn't push the vaccine? It's was pretty much the only helpful narrative he pushed during the pandemic.

As far as not trusting the vaccine, the only person you can be referencing is Kamala. This is the quote:

and it wasn’t and isn’t an unreasonable position

what was the number? 30K+ lies told in 4 years?

if you are in a room with no windows and Donald Trump comes in and tells you it’s raining outside, do you believe him?

I wouldn’t

I’d expect it to be sunny. And IF it turned out it was really raining I’d assume either that he THOUGHT it was sunny or it raining and my knowing it was raining somehow benefited him in someway

Last edited:

Who said I was only referencing politicians? What I’m saying is that a lot of the clowns now saying “why wasn’t Trump pushing the vaccine sooner” are the same clowns who said they wouldn’t trust a vaccine under the Trump administration. For the record, I didn’t vote for Trump, so people attacking him for his million and one follies doesn’t get under my skin, but their lack of self awareness does.

Last edited:
    I’d like to see these receipts. I‘m sure there were people who said it, but I largely remember people trusting the science over Trump. The people who aren’t getting vaccinated are the ones who would have done it on his word. The people who are vaccinated didn’t need it.

Editing since you posted while I was: I see 3 tweets in all those that say what you’re saying, and I don’t know who a single one of them are.

I’d like to see these receipts. I‘m sure there were people who said it, but I largely remember people trusting the science over Trump. The people who aren’t getting vaccinated are the ones who would have done it on his word. The people who are vaccinated didn’t need it.

Editing since you posted while I was: I see 3 tweets in all those that say what you’re saying, and I don’t know who a single one of them are.
    I don’t make up the rules as to who gets a blue check mark. If you would like I can offer up more, or you can just go to Defiant L (they go after both sides).

I don’t make up the rules as to who gets a blue check mark. If you would like I can offer up more, or you can just go to Defiant L (they go after both sides).
    Nah, none of that is really going to move the needle for me.

That’s fine, hypocrisy is happening wether we choose to accept it or not.
    I mean I’m sure people said it, I just don’t feel like it was some big movement or whatever. I can’t bring myself to care what random Twitter people said.

Where does that guy go after Republicans? I just scrolled through that thing, and the only people he bashed were liberals. Did I miss something?

I also don't really care about the discussion of "Some rando's on twitter were hypocritical about getting the vaccine." At least they changed their mind, and did the right thing? I wouldn't dunk on conservatives that changed their mind on the vaccine. Why does this matter?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom