All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

Nobody on this earth should be taking advice about anything from this coddled, moronic pedo. Nobody.
    I also refer to him as the GQP version of Flounder...

download.gif

Yet another
    ============

Republican official who opposed coronavirus vaccines, and tried to block certification of President Joe Biden's election win, died after being hospitalized with COVID-19.

The New York Times reported that William Hartmann's sister said he had been hospitalized with the disease, writing on Facebook before his death that he was "in ICU with Covid pneumonia and currently on a ventilator."

Gustavo Portela, a communications director for the Michigan GOP, confirmed Hartmann's death, The Detroit News reported. He was 63.

Hartmann was a Republican member of the Wayne County, Michigan, Board of Canvassers, which has a role certifying election results.

He and another canvasser in November 2020 refused to certify the results the presidential election results there after Biden won, but later changed their minds and certified them after all.

Hartmann shared anti-vaccination conspiracy theories on social media before his death. In posts seen by Insider, he belittled the virus and shared posts opposing mask mandates, mandatory vaccines, and incentives schemes like vaccine lotteries.

In one he wrote: "If the ouchie is so great, why do they have to offer bribes?"

And he wrote in another: "Dems need mask/vax panic to screw up at least two more elections."............

Yet another
    ============

Republican official who opposed coronavirus vaccines, and tried to block certification of President Joe Biden's election win, died after being hospitalized with COVID-19.

The New York Times reported that William Hartmann's sister said he had been hospitalized with the disease, writing on Facebook before his death that he was "in ICU with Covid pneumonia and currently on a ventilator."

Gustavo Portela, a communications director for the Michigan GOP, confirmed Hartmann's death, The Detroit News reported. He was 63.

Hartmann was a Republican member of the Wayne County, Michigan, Board of Canvassers, which has a role certifying election results.

He and another canvasser in November 2020 refused to certify the results the presidential election results there after Biden won, but later changed their minds and certified them after all.

Hartmann shared anti-vaccination conspiracy theories on social media before his death. In posts seen by Insider, he belittled the virus and shared posts opposing mask mandates, mandatory vaccines, and incentives schemes like vaccine lotteries.

In one he wrote: "If the ouchie is so great, why do they have to offer bribes?"

And he wrote in another: "Dems need mask/vax panic to screw up at least two more elections."............

I'm not going to feign sympathy for these idiots when they die.

I don't feign sympathy for people who die. I either feel sympathy for them or I do not. If I don't feel sympathy for them I don't say anything.

The scientist Edward Teller died in 2003. I actually celebrated the death of that awful miserable person. When I was but a baby he used me and my family as guinea pigs to see how much fallout radiation people could be subjected to and survive. Or not survive.

I'm what's called a downwinder: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downwinders

The hospital I still work at one day a week has called in National Guard troops to help cover because of all the Covid patients. At our hospital, typically over 90% of the patients are not vaccinated. Sometimes it has been 100%. Right now about 1/3 of our beds are occupied by Covid patients and elective surgeries are being postponed. The staff is exhausted and ticked off at people who refuse to be vaccinated.

The hospital I still work at one day a week has called in National Guard troops to help cover because of all the Covid patients. At our hospital, typically over 90% of the patients are not vaccinated. Sometimes it has been 100%. Right now about 1/3 of our beds are occupied by Covid patients and elective surgeries are being postponed. The staff is exhausted and ticked off at people who refuse to be vaccinated.

Over 60% of Americans are fully vaccinated right now, thats at least two-thirds of this nation has gotten both shots and are either planning to get or have already gotten the Booster vaccines. That has to mean something special and medically and scientifically significant, as last year around this time, CDC was in its earliest infancy stages of giving out Covid-19 vaccines to federal employees and elderly, oldest American age group demographic of 65+ and essentially very few had gotten their shots.

By my own calculations or estimates, by late January/early February, this nation will be close to passing or would've already surpassed the 70% full vaccination benchmark. I know all too well that that rate doesn't carry the same significance it did 8-10 months in terms of reaching some form of herd immunity before the Delta variant brought a newer, deadlier, contagious form of the Coronavirus that forked up most people's timetables and some of their hopes, as well. But when we reach 70-75% full vaccination levels (and we will reach it within the next 3-4 months), that also means you and countless other health care workers won't be having to deal with extreme emotional, physical and mental fatigue, burnout and sincere, understandable frustration at some idiotic Americans who's "vaccine hesitancy" won't be filling up rural or metro hospitals to their breaking points in terms of most admissions being 90% Covid-19 positive cases and many other people who have needy, life-saving elective surgeries, procedures can finally perhaps be attended to.

When this country finally reaches a point where three-fourths of its entire population, I know that it has to signify a great deal of positive medical changes will occur and that the daily death toll and number of positive Covid-19 tests will decrease, if only somewhat and that depressing, terrible, mentally and emotionally fraught scenes like the ones you just uploaded on your reply will be a lot less common.

Over 60% of Americans are fully vaccinated right now, thats at least two-thirds of this nation has gotten both shots and are either planning to get or have already gotten the Booster vaccines. That has to mean something special and medically and scientifically significant, as last year around this time, CDC was in its earliest infancy stages of giving out Covid-19 vaccines to federal employees and elderly, oldest American age group demographic of 65+ and essentially very few had gotten their shots.

By my own calculations or estimates, by late January/early February, this nation will be close to passing or would've already surpassed the 70% full vaccination benchmark. I know all too well that that rate doesn't carry the same significance it did 8-10 months in terms of reaching some form of herd immunity before the Delta variant brought a newer, deadlier, contagious form of the Coronavirus that forked up most people's timetables and some of their hopes, as well. But when we reach 70-75% full vaccination levels (and we will reach it within the next 3-4 months), that also means you and countless other health care workers won't be having to deal with extreme emotional, physical and mental fatigue, burnout and sincere, understandable frustration at some idiotic Americans who's "vaccine hesitancy" won't be filling up rural or metro hospitals to their breaking points in terms of most admissions being 90% Covid-19 positive cases and many other people who have needy, life-saving elective surgeries, procedures can finally perhaps be attended to.

When this country finally reaches a point where three-fourths of its entire population, I know that it has to signify a great deal of positive medical changes will occur and that the daily death toll and number of positive Covid-19 tests will decrease, if only somewhat and that depressing, terrible, mentally and emotionally fraught scenes like the ones you just uploaded on your reply will be a lot less common.

That's a nice reasonably optimistic outlook.

:)

Those numbers don’t apply equally to the states, though. There are large swaths of this country that are nowhere close to 70% vaccinated. And they will never get there due to the words and actions of a few. It infuriates healthcare workers, who have to deal with the deluded and see the unnecessary death. I told my daughter that I am not sure I can ever forgive those who have used this deadly pandemic to further their own grasp at power. They are responsible for the deaths of thousands upon thousands of people.

At this point I’m holding on to the thought that Omicron can outcompete Delta and might be less severe. That and the oral anti-viral drugs that have been approved or are close to being approved.

Those numbers don’t apply equally to the states, though. There are large swaths of this country that are nowhere close to 70% vaccinated. And they will never get there due to the words and actions of a few. It infuriates healthcare workers, who have to deal with the deluded and see the unnecessary death. I told my daughter that I am not sure I can ever forgive those who have used this deadly pandemic to further their own grasp at power. They are responsible for the deaths of thousands upon thousands of people.

At this point I’m holding on to the thought that Omicron can outcompete Delta and might be less severe. That and the oral anti-viral drugs that have been approved or are close to being approved.
    I live in a state that has a good vaccination response, but a county which does not. My counties heath department has been on top of it from the start. I would give them an A+. But the citizens I would give a D-.

I got my first shot on the first day we had them here which was December 20 last year. But in my county I doubt that more than 48% have been vaccinated. This latest wave got in amoung the unvaccinated and hit them hard.

They don't care ... .

My state is about 4th from the bottom in vac rate. And because of stupid R state legislators we aren’t allowed to have business require vaccination to enter. So we don’t go out as much as we would. They are cutting off their noses to spite their faces.

My state is about 4th from the bottom in vac rate. And because of stupid R state legislators we aren’t allowed to have business require vaccination to enter. So we don’t go out as much as we would. .

I've been using the "They are cutting off their noses to spite their faces," analogy myself.

:)

It's become one of my favorite stay at home saws during these lean times of COVID.

Just in case anybody needed to be reminded, anti-vaxer's don't just exist on the right. A whole ignorant community of them exist on the left too.

These folks aren’t nearly as smart as they think they are. This is a gross misrepresentation of what we now know to be true. And the perfect reply was almost immediate.

We can't control whether people should drive when their extremely pissed, have poor vision, or other terrible health conditions either but it doesn't take a genius to figure out these key factors occur every day all across this nation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom