All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

This thread is worth looking up and reading the whole thing. What is means is that if people don’t get vaccinated, their natural immunity won’t protect them against Omicron. All the people saying they have already had Covid, because they had Alpha or Delta (or both, @Farb) are about to get Omicron.

Today I read that the death rate from Covid is 50% higher in R states. I will never understand why the R party thought it was a great idea to politicize the vaccine and kill off their constituents.

Today I read that the death rate from Covid is 50% higher in R states. I will never understand why the R party thought it was a great idea to politicize the vaccine and kill off their constituents.
    That all lies directly at the feet of the Mandarin Messiah.
    Trump politicized Covid, Trump deliberately lied about how dangerous it is.
    Why would he be willing to sacrifice so many of his followers? Simple, because they don't matter to him. Never did, never will.

will never understand why the R party thought it was a great idea to politicize the vaccine and kill off their constituents.
    “The Base” is driven to vote by being angry. They’re motivated by the idea they’re being persecuted- it doesn’t matter by what, the persecution complex is there for all these culture war issues. I don’t think they ever expected the death toll to get where it is, it got out of control. The vaccines were developed and authorized under Trump, and by all accounts they should been “acceptable” to “The Base”. Trump basically said “get my vaccine” at one of his rallys, and was met with a resounding meh - that’s how you know it got out of hand, when even Trump himself said something contrary to the narrative and was met with crickets.

Rep. Matt Gaetz of Florida has been criticized after he cast doubt on the need for COVID-19 vaccines, saying that contracting the virus gives the best protection against it.

"The best vaccine we've found is mother nature's vaccine. It's contracting the virus," Gaetz told the far-right One America News Network. "That is what has provided the greatest protection, the most durable protection, over the longest period of time."

The interview was first aired in November, but was reshared on Twitter by the journalist Aaron Rupar on Saturday.

Medical professionals have since slammed Gaetz's comments.............

Rep. Matt Gaetz of Florida has been criticized after he cast doubt on the need for COVID-19 vaccines, saying that contracting the virus gives the best protection against it.

"The best vaccine we've found is mother nature's vaccine. It's contracting the virus," Gaetz told the far-right One America News Network. "That is what has provided the greatest protection, the most durable protection, over the longest period of time."

The interview was first aired in November, but was reshared on Twitter by the journalist Aaron Rupar on Saturday.

Medical professionals have since slammed Gaetz's comments.............

Jesus H Christ is that a punchable face.

The Senate voted Wednesday night to repeal President Joe Biden's vaccine mandate on private businesses with over 100 employees by a vote of 52-48.

Republicans brought up the repeal for a vote using a procedural tool called the Congressional Review Act, which allows Congress to overturn rules created by federal agencies and only requires 51 votes to pass the Senate.

It's unclear if the Senate-passed repeal will be brought up in the House. Speaker Nancy Pelosi is not required to bring it up for a floor vote, and at least 218 signatures would be needed to force consideration. Even then, if the House were to pass it, White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said on Tuesday that Biden would veto it should it land on his desk.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom