All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

Some **preliminary** data from Israel. May be of particular interest to @Farb:

D300698E-B449-4F61-BAAA-923EB700613F.jpeg

I’m hearing on TV that Mark Meadows’ new book confirms what was suspected. That Trump had tested positive for Covid before the first debate with Biden, and went anyway. I’m a little hazy on the exact timeline, but I do recall that Trump arrived late, and declined the test at the door, saying he had already been tested at the WH.

There was apparently also a rally he attended, and he mingled with reporters on Air Force One. At least one reporter contracted Covid shortly thereafter. Then days later when he got sicker, they announced it and he went to Walter Reed. He’s absolute slime, as if we needed further confirmation.

There was supposedly a negative test somewhere in there, but I’m pretty sure we know he actually had it during the debate. The usual arc of the illness alone would point to an earlier infection than what they admitted.

Then there was a bizarre press conference outside during this time frame where Trump used one podium and everyone else used a different podium way off to the side. They all knew he had it, IMO.

"he said that they attempted numerous "protocols," including unproven ones that the organization has touted on their broadcasts, but that they did not work. His heart eventually gave out, she added."

This is from the night of the debate. I remember Trump’s family refusing to wear masks, as was requested inside the venue, except for Melania. It was odd at the time that she would be different, of course now you have to think she had also tested positive.

Also- the Binax test is pretty good, but you can definitely decrease the odds of getting a true positive by the way the nose is swabbed. If they even did get a negative Binax, they’re such known liars that I would never assume they are telling the truth.

Also- they could have done a PCR test in 20-40 minutes depending on the platform. Which would have been definitive. It’s insanely irresponsible for the WH to never confirm with PCR before Trump went around infecting people.

Edited to add: of course, if they had done a PCR test there would have been a record, and it wouldn’t be as easy to lie about the results. The rapid test is discarded, so no proof one way or the other. The PCR analyzers would create an electronic record of the test.

Fauci said today he certainly wasn’t aware of this fiasco at the time.

Last edited:
    Found a tweet about that weirdly set up press deal. They all knew he was positive, it’s so freaking obvious. Also, Meadows lied at the time, a journalist asked him about a rumor that Trump had tested positive before the debate, and he flatly said it wasn’t true. Now in his book it is true.

well, i always say, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then its a duck....
    If you mean 'racist' instead of 'duck', you are absolutely correct. I am a racist. You don't have to be clever with it. Just call me what I am, I am fine with it.

If you mean 'racist' instead of 'duck', you are absolutely correct. I am a racist. You don't have to be clever with it. Just call me what I am, I am fine with it.
    Glad you’ve reached the acceptance stage.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom