All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

This needs to be debunked. I will try to remember how a former federal prosecutor put it, and anyone who is a lawyer can feel free to correct if my memory fails me.

The charge they are using in some cases, something like “interference with a government function” actually has the same punishment as sedition. But it is a bit easier to prove, I think the proof required is a lower bar. So there wouldn’t be any advantage to the prosecution to use the sedition charge, it makes their cases harder and doesn’t result in increased punishment.

Therefore, the lack of sedition charges doesn’t mean that there was no seditious activity, it’s just the prosecutors being smart and conserving effort with the hundreds and hundreds of cases they have.

Jan. 6 was clearly meant to stop the counting of electoral votes. The plan was to give Trump and his traitor henchmen more time to lean on the state legislatures to rescind the true electors and substitute Trump electors in spite of the actual will of the people. They had a couple different ways they could go after the chaos that would ensue. All of their efforts would have changed the outcome of a free and fair election. Anyone who says this wasn’t a coup attempt is just lying their arse off.

Also, it seems like prosecutors are running through the less serious cases first to get them out of the way. This makes sense when you have this many cases to work through. Let’s see who gets charged and what the charges are when they get around to the more seriously involved folks.

This is exactly correct. But, unfortunately the facts stated clearly here will do nothing to convince the already brainwashed that just want it to go away...so bad.....

The pnemococcus vaccine is recommended for people over 65 or those that are immunosuppressed. I am not certain is a mandate.
    The screen shot is from the FL Dept. of Health, so it must be required in FL.

wasn't sure where this belonged, in this topic or the Q topic, because theres some overlap between the two hah

Luciferase has been used in some research to improve COVID-19 testing and treatment, but is not in any of the approved COVID-19 vaccines' ingredients lists, the agency reported.

The chemicals are a popular aspect of anti-vaxxer conspiracy theories which falsely allege that the COVID-19 vaccine is designed to track people.

The satanic-sounding names of the substances - which come from the Latin word "lucifer," meaning "light-bearing" - may also explain why Christian conspiracy theorists hone in on them.

Yeah, she’s a really horrible person. I talked about her in another thread. Her Twitter feed is non-stop hate toward Fauci, toward Muslims, toward democrats, toward LBGTQIA. She says she is staunchly Christian - but she reads more like the Taliban. I don’t know why Twitter hasn’t axed her yet. I spent some time reporting her tweets that were lies about Covid and the vaccines. There were lots of them.

This could have a bad ripple effect
    ===========================

WASHINGTON (AP) — Thousands of intelligence officers could soon face dismissal for failing to comply with the U.S. government’s vaccine mandate, leading some Republican lawmakers to raise concerns about removing employees from agencies critical to national security.

Several intelligence agencies had at least 20% of their workforce unvaccinated as of late October, said U.S. Rep. Chris Stewart, a Utah Republican who is a member of the House Intelligence Committee.

Some agencies in the 18-member intelligence community had as much as 40% of their workforce unvaccinated, Stewart said, citing information the administration has provided to the committee but not released publicly. He declined to identify the agencies because full information on vaccination rates was classified.

While many people will likely still get vaccinated before the administration’s Nov. 22 deadline for civilian workers, resistance to the mandate could leave major agencies responsible for national security without some personnel.

Intelligence officers are particularly hard to replace due to the highly specialized work they do and the difficulties of completing security clearance checks………

This has been said about every type of profession. It is probably just trading on fear. People who don’t want to get the vaccine just do a lot of blustering, then they end up getting the vaccine quietly and the media doesn’t cover that. It’ll be less than 5% most likely. Sometimes it’s ended up being less than 1% after lots of press about how people won’t get vaccinated.

Add this to the really good economic news, and today looks like a really good day.

Last edited:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Thousands of intelligence officers could soon face dismissal for failing to comply with the U.S. government’s vaccine mandate, leading some Republican lawmakers to raise concerns about removing employees from agencies critical to national security.

Several intelligence agencies had at least 20% of their workforce unvaccinated as of late October, said U.S. Rep. Chris Stewart, a Utah Republican who is a member of the House Intelligence Committee.

Some agencies in the 18-member intelligence community had as much as 40% of their workforce unvaccinated, Stewart said, citing information the administration has provided to the committee but not released publicly. He declined to identify the agencies because full information on vaccination rates was classified.

While many people will likely still get vaccinated before the administration’s Nov. 22 deadline for civilian workers, resistance to the mandate could leave major agencies responsible for national security without some personnel.

Intelligence officers are particularly hard to replace due to the highly specialized work they do and the difficulties of completing security clearance checks………

I do worry that this is impacting a disproportionate number of people of a certain political persuasion from the federal government.

I realize that isn't the intention, but intentions tend to get lost with the passage of time. Five years from now I can see Republicans saying that Biden purged Trumpers from civil service.

Well, that would be an incredibly dishonest spin. Which means Rs will definitely try to do it, lol. But Ds just have to counter with facts. Those people purged themselves.

Add this to the really good economic news, and today looks like a really good day.

This is interesting. The new unemployment numbers are way down as well. It plays into the idea that the labor market is tight right now. I guess 1 million excess deaths plus a lot of other factors will do that.

Well, that would be an incredibly dishonest spin. Which means Rs will definitely try to do it, lol. But Ds just have to counter with facts. Those people purged themselves.
    I am 100% in agreement with vaccination.

Why make the issue of vaccination and masks a symbol of tribal membership? We are wired for tribalism and it is sometimes difficult to control the DNA.

This is interesting. The new unemployment numbers are way down as well. It plays into the idea that the labor market is tight right now. I guess 1 million excess deaths plus a lot of other factors will do that.
    Actually, and I wish I didnt have to be "that guy" who says or reminds people in Internet forum discussion threads about certain things related to political or social issues, but its been estimated that the novel Coronavirus (Covid-19), has killed 5 million people, worldwide, since it was declared a worldwide medical pandemic in March 2020.

Actually, and I wish I didnt have to be "that guy" who says or reminds people in Internet forum discussion threads about certain things related to political or social issues, but its been estimated that the novel Coronavirus (Covid-19), has killed 5 million people, worldwide, since it was declared a worldwide medical pandemic in March 2020.
    I think what J-Donk is referring to is what actuaries call “excess deaths”. They know exactly how many deaths normally occur during a period of time, and I believe there have been around a million excess deaths in the US since the pandemic started. Of course about 750,000 were classified as directly due to Covid. The others could be people being unable to access healthcare due to the pandemic or people who did die of Covid but were just classified as “pneumonia” without specifying. I read that early in the pandemic a lot of people who died at home were just classified as “pneumonia” because they weren’t tested.

This guy says that Stewart is full of crap:

🤷‍♀️

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom