All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

Remember it was Trump who was responsible for Cuomo's directive that was responsible for all those nursing home deaths that protected his big donors.
    Sarcasm noted. But now, watch this: It was Cuomo's fault. He did a terrible job in New York and is a sexual predator to boot.

^ That is what objectivity looks like. You seem to fixated on fighting what you perceive to be inequities in media coverage (ignoring places like Fox News, OAN, Newsmax, Breitbart, and the cadre of social media links you post exist) that you only focus on the left because I guess you feel others have the right 'covered' or something? That's not objectivity.

Sarcasm noted. But now, watch this: It was Cuomo's fault. He did a terrible job in New York and is a sexual predator to boot.

^ That is what objectivity looks like. You seem to fixated on fighting what you perceive to be inequities in media coverage (ignoring places like Fox News, OAN, Newsmax, Breitbart, and the cadre of social media links you post exist) that you only focus on the left because I guess you feel others have the right 'covered' or something? That's not objectivity.
    Wow. One sentence on the subject really shows your objectivity.

What media reaches more people? Fox, OANN, Briebart, Newsmax or the rest of the media that's left leaning?

The corporate media(Fox is the only one on the right) has much more influence than the ones I mentioned above and it's not even close. Fox News is mostly trash just like the rest of cable news and Briebart, Newsmax, and OANN are jokes with no credibility. But sure you guys can continue to focus on the right wing media that is dwarfed by the rest of the corporate media’s influence. Who was it that posted the thread about AT&T was funding the far right OANN?

Fox News may or may not be trash (I actually like Brett Baer), but it, and those other right-leaning outlets you disparage reach just as many people. We're not living in the 80's where the broadcast networks were king.

So here's the difference between Cuomo and Trump. For his bungling of the pandemic in New York and his general douche-bagery, Cuomo is getting his just deserts and is now mostly a pariah on the left. Meanwhile, Trump can incite a riot to attack the Capitol and attempt a soft coup... but still thrives and is a hero of the right.

But yet you think the media coverage is more important than the underlying events and how the two individuals turned out. That's where we differ. You must work in public relations.

Fox News may or may not be trash (I actually like Brett Baer), but it, and those other right-leaning outlets you disparage reach just as many people. We're not living in the 80's where the broadcast networks were king.

So here's the difference between Cuomo and Trump. For his bungling of the pandemic in New York and his general douche-bagery, Cuomo is getting his just deserts and is now mostly a pariah on the left. Meanwhile, Trump can incite a riot to attack the Capitol and attempt a soft coup... but still thrives and is a hero of the right.

But yet you think the media coverage is more important than the underlying events and how the two individuals turned out. That's where we differ. You must work in public relations.
    If most voters are stupid there is a possibility a Waco may get elected to office. Our politicians pitch to the lowest common denominator.

An intellectual with ideas that could work will never be elected POTUS.

Those that are not in the bottom in reasoning parot the talking points of their respective left and right wing heroes. We are doomed as we do not have a House of Lords.

See: Trump, Donald

See: Obama, Barack
    Anyone is an intellectual next to Trump. Even the guy running fir dog catcher. Obama is an intellectual, however he pitched to the lowest common denominator. I was very hopeful when he won. However, he failed with Iran and led us into polarization and Trump.

I rather have a guy like Yang or even Amy Klobuchar.

That's because as bad an January 6th was including Trump inciting the riot, it's patently obvious how much the media, many on the left and here have purposely exaggerated how bad of an event it was.

It wasn't in insurrection or an attempted coup no matter how many times you guys claim it was and that's evidenced by the charges that have been filed against the rioters. Anyone who committed violence, was involved in planning storming the Capital or trespassed should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

But let's stop acting like those idiots who thought they were going to stop the election certification had any chance to take over the most powerful and militarized country in the world.

It's not like we haven't seen this playbook of taking a bad event that happened under Trump and exaggerating it's effect to the highest degree possible. This has been repeated over and over and its obvious to anyone who gets their news from outside of the corporate media.

It's laughable that you act like the left pushed Cuomo aside out of principle. Cuomo was seen as the anti Trump during the pandemic and once he served his purpose and Trump was gone then he was tossed aside. Cuomo ended up getting charged with a misdemeanor and now the person who charged him is running for Governor.

Covid vaccine falsification. At least the department did the right thing by firing them both.

It's kind of sad though, that cops can get fired for falsifying vaccinations than for false testimony.

Here is the type of nonsense that DeSantis is saying:

And here is the reality:

6836E66E-5F42-419C-A050-369A2BE38A39.jpeg

unfortunate

Psaki had planned to travel with the president but scrapped the trip just as he was set to depart for Europe after learning that members of her household had tested positive for COVID-19.

“Since then, I have quarantined and tested negative (via PCR) for COVID on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday,” Psaki said in a statement. “However, today, I tested positive for COVID.”

It wasn't in insurrection or an attempted coup no matter how many times you guys claim it was and that's evidenced by the charges that have been filed against the rioters. Anyone who committed violence, was involved in planning storming the Capital or trespassed should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
    This needs to be debunked. I will try to remember how a former federal prosecutor put it, and anyone who is a lawyer can feel free to correct if my memory fails me.

The charge they are using in some cases, something like “interference with a government function” actually has the same punishment as sedition. But it is a bit easier to prove, I think the proof required is a lower bar. So there wouldn’t be any advantage to the prosecution to use the sedition charge, it makes their cases harder and doesn’t result in increased punishment.

Therefore, the lack of sedition charges doesn’t mean that there was no seditious activity, it’s just the prosecutors being smart and conserving effort with the hundreds and hundreds of cases they have.

Jan. 6 was clearly meant to stop the counting of electoral votes. The plan was to give Trump and his traitor henchmen more time to lean on the state legislatures to rescind the true electors and substitute Trump electors in spite of the actual will of the people. They had a couple different ways they could go after the chaos that would ensue. All of their efforts would have changed the outcome of a free and fair election. Anyone who says this wasn’t a coup attempt is just lying their arse off.

Also, it seems like prosecutors are running through the less serious cases first to get them out of the way. This makes sense when you have this many cases to work through. Let’s see who gets charged and what the charges are when they get around to the more seriously involved folks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom