All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

Every once in a while you post something nice Brandon. It is wise to get vaccinated; you are correct!

However, the point you miss is that those on the left are more willing to accept government control over their lives than those on the right.

And the point you miss is that you are making a wild assertion with exactly zero evidence.

And the point you miss is that you are making a wild assertion with exactly zero evidence.
    Wild assertion???

Those on the right want less government and those on the left generally want more government.
    Conservatives understand liberals better than how liberals understand conservatives.

"The fundamental differences between left-wing and right-wing ideologies center around the the rights of individuals vs. the power of the government. Left-wing beliefs are liberal in that they believe society is best served with an expanded role for the government. People on the right believe that the best outcome for society is achieved when individual rights and civil liberties are paramount and the role — and especially the power — of the government is minimized."

The above should not be a surprise to anyone CD,

Wild assertion???

You say A LOT things and make A LOT of claims without backing them up.

As seen here in the posting guidelines - you are not making good effort

If you make an assertion on the MCB and present it as fact, you then must be prepared to back it up. No more entire threads filled with avoiding, dancing around answering, deflecting and telling members to do their own homework when that burden of proof is on the person making the assertion. When you practice such avoidance you lose credibility, leaving us with the perception that you are spreading misinformation. Good Faith means being "honest". That is an expectation on this board. So, if you are stating an opinion, make sure that you express that it is just that - an opinion, rather than inviting such challenges.

You say A LOT things and make A LOT of claims without backing them up.

As seen here in the posting guidelines - you are not making good effort

Let me get this straight:

You think it is a wild assertion to say the left prefers more government intervention and that the right is more libertarian. It is not my problem if many posters live in hermetic echo chambers with no knowledge of other areas.

Guys, the Earth is is spherical. I do not believe I have to post references.

Let me get this straight:

You think it is a wild assertion to say the left prefers more government intervention and that the right is more libertarian. It is not my problem if many posters live in hermetic echo chambers with no knowledge of other areas.

Guys, the Earth is is spherical. I do not believe I have to post references.

Stop shifting the goalposts. You didn't say intervention. You said the left was docile and more willing to accept government control. That's a big forking difference.

Stop shifting the goalposts. You didn't say intervention. You said the left was docile and more willing to accept government control. That's a big forking difference.
    OMG, that was just poetic license, it is called hyperbole. It is like saying a person is a lion when describing temerity. No problems, no worries. I am just a bit startled by personal attacks instead of actually discussing issues.

BY the way: Please paste anything I have said that cannot be referenced.

That’s not poetic license, nor hyperbole either. It’s just a wrong statement.

Oh, and they just showed you something you cannot reference.

That’s not poetic license, nor hyperbole either. It’s just a wrong statement.

Oh, and they just showed you something you cannot reference.
    What I cannot reference? That the earth is spherical? That the left wing of the democrats prefer government solutions? That the right dislikes too much government interference? Why would anyone need references for that unless they are from Mars?

OMG, that was just poetic license, it is called hyperbole. It is like saying a person is a lion when describing temerity. No problems, no worries. I am just a bit startled by personal attacks instead of actually discussing issues.

BY the way: Please paste anything I have said that cannot be referenced.

It wasn't hyperbole. Hyperbole is an exaggeration. You've already used docile in an insulting manner before.

What I cannot reference? That the earth is spherical? That the left wing of the democrats prefer government solutions? That the right dislikes too much government interference? Why would anyone need references for that unless they are from Mars?

You realize that these are overly broad statements, right? That there are areas where Republicans prefer more government intervention and areas where Democrats prefer less?

I agree! But, as a whole the left prefers a nannie* state and the right prefers a smaller government.

* figure of speech,

It's not a figure of speech. It's a lie. Back up your shirt with facts.

It's not a figure of speech. It's a lie. Back up your shirt with facts.
    You need references regarding lefties wanting more government and the right wing wanting less government?

Humans have two eyes. do you need references for that too.

You need references regarding lefties wanting more government and the right wing wanting less government?

Humans have two eyes. do you need references for that too.

No, you said that the left prefers a nanny state. There's no proof for that. Not only are you making unfounded statements, but you also keep shifting the goalposts. It's pathetic.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom