All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

No, you said that the left prefers a nanny state. There's no proof for that. Not only are you making unfounded statements, but you also keep shifting the goalposts. It's pathetic.
    Are you able to discuss an issue? What is the point of using insulting remarks. I would never say your words are pathetic.
    If you want free college and health care that is favoring a nanny state. By the way i am in favor.

Every once in a while you post something nice Brandon. It is wise to get vaccinated; you are correct!

However, the point you miss is that those on the left are more willing to accept government control over their lives than those on the right.
    This was the original statement, Paul, I think it’s safe to say you have crawfished off of that into something more general. You can keep trying to shift what you said into something less inflammatory and more benign, but as you have so adroitly observed, humans have two eyes.

This statement, and the one about the “nanny state” are just two really recent examples of why people question that you are actually a moderate. For a moderate, you parrot right wing talking points an awful lot.

Are you able to discuss an issue? What is the point of using insulting remarks. I would never say your words are pathetic.
    If you want free college and health care that is favoring a nanny state. By the way i am in favor.
    You have been insulting in your own way, though, by using freely expressions that the right uses to denigrate the left. And you saying you are in favor of certain ideas, but then speaking the language of the right, and sometimes the extreme right, is certainly incongruous.

Dang.

Apparently fully vaccinated, too.
    Yes, I didn’t realize he was 84. And a cancer patient. Apparently the anti-vax crowd is already using his death to say that vaccines don’t work, which is almost insanely cruel and pathetic. He was probably immunocompromised due to the cancer or the treatments. Not to mention the natural waning of the immune system at his age.

If anything, the fact that so many people are unvaccinated probably contributed to his death. If the number of people vaccinated would approach herd immunity, people like Powell are protected even though their immune systems cannot take full advantage of the vaccines.

I will never understand the willful selfishness of people refusing to take basic precautions, like masking, social distancing, and vaccinations to protect everybody. The costs are minimal, and the benefits are vast.

You have been insulting in your own way, though, by using freely expressions that the right uses to denigrate the left. And you saying you are in favor of certain ideas, but then speaking the language of the right, and sometimes the extreme right, is certainly incongruous.
    I am a centrist, hence I favor good ideas in both the right and the left. Why is this so conflicting to you?

The conflict is not with me, Paul, the conflict is between what you say you are and your own words.

I think it’s safe to say that we all know who Bill Maher is, Paul.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-infection.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline

Natural immunity IS just as good as being jabbed: Official figures show unvaccinated Britons who beat Covid enjoy same protection against Delta as those who are double-dosed

• Office for National Statistics report said catching virus slashed infection risk
    • But it was reduced by same amount as among those who were double-jabbed
    • ONS statistician said the results may be because of waning vaccine immunity

Maybe one day our leaders will be honest about this but it will be after the damage is already done, as it has been.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-infection.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline

Natural immunity IS just as good as being jabbed: Official figures show unvaccinated Britons who beat Covid enjoy same protection against Delta as those who are double-dosed

• Office for National Statistics report said catching virus slashed infection risk
    • But it was reduced by same amount as among those who were double-jabbed
    • ONS statistician said the results may be because of waning vaccine immunity

Maybe one day our leaders will be honest about this but it will be after the damage is already done, as it has been.

Well, yea. catching covid is one way to get immunity.

The preferable way to get immunity is to get vaccinated. That way immunity comes without adding any stress to the hospital systems.

I am using "immunity" loosely here.

Even if you've had covid, you should still get vaccinated, because there is no statically meaningful risk to getting vaccinated.

If you want free college and health care that is favoring a nanny state.
    What if you want free police protection? Can't you just protect yourself by your own bootstraps instead of feeding off the government teat?

I think it’s safe to say that we all know who Bill Maher is, Paul.
    I am a moderate and hence I see some good on both sides of the political spectrum. I will also add that as today the left has an edge in terms of good ideas, but both sides have terrible ideas too.
    What if you want free police protection? Can't you just protect yourself by your own bootstraps instead of feeding off the government teat?
    Brandon:

I am for National Medicare and free college tuition for those that are academically qualified. I also favor many things on the left such as free abortions, long term maternity leave, etc. However, that does not mean I stop thinking. Allowing the state to take care of us is a nanny state.

I am a moderate and hence I see some good on both sides of the political spectrum. I will also add that as today the left has an edge in terms of good ideas, but both sides have terrible ideas too.

Brandon:

I am for National Medicare and free college tuition for those that are academically qualified. I also favor many things on the left such as free abortions, long term maternity leave, etc. However, that does not mean I stop thinking. Allowing the state to take care of us is a nanny state.
    Unless you define your terms, that's just meaningless rightwing drivel.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom