All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (9 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

Well, it is only one study and I don’t know if the doses are similar, but then there are quite a few who are taking the horse version of this anti-parasitical, so who knows what doses they are using or what they may have done to themselves?
    🤷‍♀️

Rogan is boring as hell, but he has great people as guests and he seems to be a middle of the road type. I cannot understand why he is so successful. I can see why Rogan is disliked as middle of the road often sounds conservative.

For interviewers I like Bill Maher, he is more of a true liberal with a sense of humor.
    Maher doesn't have the all-encumbering, absolute forgiveness, and complete tolerance from his mostly liberal audience and TV target audience base because he's shown a bit of a tendency to bite the hand thats been feeding, nurturing and cultivating him for nearly 30 years since Politically Incorrect first aired on ABC and those Hollywood industry types always assumed he could be counted on to mostly be their "mouthpiece", well, on more then a few occasions over the past decade, he's made more then a few on-air, borderline racist, xenophobic, back in 2013 and 2014, he had a very heated, nasty shouting match on-air with Ben Affleck where Affleck essentially accused Maher of being as an Islamophobic bigot. Maher's on a much tighter, less short leash than 15 years ago when Dubya was president and honestly, given his propensity for controversial remarks, it would be a big surprise to me if his show wasnt cancelled within the next 5 years or he's off the air, period due to some less-than-flattering, arguably bigoted or quasi-remarks he might make.

Yeah, but that’s the ultimate cop out IMO. It’s sort of like the person who says really mean and hurtful things about you, and then says “just kidding”. They knew it was hurtful and didn’t care.

He spreads a lot of disinformation, just blabs out nonsense. And then used that schtick to claim no responsibility for the crap he says.
    I could name a lot of famous current or dead legendary comedians or satirists who did or performed very similar shticks and most of them, during their sets, werent trying to be funny, or come across as ridiculous in any form of the imagination. And yes, they said a lot of hurtful, nasty, mean-spirited, and yes, untruthful things while venting on HBO specials.

In today's hyper-partisan, hypersensitive #MeToo era and cultural differences environment, comedians like George Carlin, Richard Pryor, and even John Belushi probably would be victims of "cancel culture", labeled insensitive, racist bigots, Islamaphobes, and lets be honest, Carlin's best years, his most memorable sets, routines was from the 70's-early 1990's, the last 15 years of his life and career, he came across as.a bitter, crotchety, vicious, caustic typecast cynical old white man always angry, disparaging about how his world didnt seem to make any sense any more. Carlin stopped being this witty, intelligent, challenging but always entertaining satirist and comedian he was back for over 20 years. He became kind of a one-note, one-dimensional kind of sad, bitter comedian who tried to make his acts edgier to try and compete with newer, rawer comedians that emerged by the late 80's and 1990's. Its very hard and difficult to listen through a lot of Carlin's HBO comedy specials throughout most of the 1990's and up until his death if one knows and is aware thats he capable of giving better material than this.

Maher doesn't have the all-encumbering, absolute forgiveness, and complete tolerance from his mostly liberal audience and TV target audience base because he's shown a bit of a tendency to bite the hand thats been feeding, nurturing and cultivating him for nearly 30 years since Politically Incorrect first aired on ABC and those Hollywood industry types always assumed he could be counted on to mostly be their "mouthpiece", well, on more then a few occasions over the past decade, he's made more then a few on-air, borderline racist, xenophobic, back in 2013 and 2014, he had a very heated, nasty shouting match on-air with Ben Affleck where Affleck essentially accused Maher of being as an Islamophobic bigot. Maher's on a much tighter, less short leash than 15 years ago when Dubya was president and honestly, given his propensity for controversial remarks, it would be a big surprise to me if his show wasnt cancelled within the next 5 years or he's off the air, period due to some less-than-flattering, arguably bigoted or quasi-remarks he might make.
    I saw that video with Ben Affleck. Had no idea Affleck was a social justice warrior. Maher and Sam Harris were correct, Affleck was 100% incorrect.

I could name a lot of famous current or dead legendary comedians or satirists who did or performed very similar shticks and most of them, during their sets, werent trying to be funny, or come across as ridiculous in any form of the imagination. And yes, they said a lot of hurtful, nasty, mean-spirited, and yes, untruthful things while venting on HBO specials.

In today's hyper-partisan, hypersensitive #MeToo era and cultural differences environment, comedians like George Carlin, Richard Pryor, and even John Belushi probably would be victims of "cancel culture", labeled insensitive, racist bigots, Islamaphobes, and lets be honest, Carlin's best years, his most memorable sets, routines was from the 70's-early 1990's, the last 15 years of his life and career, he came across as.a bitter, crotchety, vicious, caustic typecast cynical old white man always angry, disparaging about how his world didnt seem to make any sense any more. Carlin stopped being this witty, intelligent, challenging but always entertaining satirist and comedian he was back for over 20 years. He became kind of a one-note, one-dimensional kind of sad, bitter comedian who tried to make his acts edgier to try and compete with newer, rawer comedians that emerged by the late 80's and 1990's. Its very hard and difficult to listen through a lot of Carlin's HBO comedy specials throughout most of the 1990's and up until his death if one knows and is aware thats he capable of giving better material than this.
    I agree with you about Carlin’s later years. I still maintain that Rogan isn’t a comedian or satirist, at least not in his podcast. He presents himself as a straight podcaster discussing all sorts of topics with all sorts of people but he doesn‘t do any research and just “wings” it. Which results in him saying stuff that just isn‘t true. I don’t have any problem with humor or satire, that’s not what Rogan is doing.

Yeah, I think the genesis of the dossier was done for political reasons, but the stuff in the dossier was a mixed bag of truth and fiction. The problem with the dossier was that it wasn't properly vetted iirc.
    If the problem was not proper vetting, then doesn't that mean most of it was false, otherwise, why worry about the past vetting? If the information was true, then it was true.
    Why hasn't this dossier been fact checked? There has to be an article with research done to show most was true, it is Trump and we know they would plaster that information all over the media and it would still be going since this administration is such a failure. I think there are few nuggets of mundane truth in there, but only to set a foundation for the rest the mostly false. Where is Steele now?
    It also seems like everyone forgot about the 2 year investigation that we all paid for where literally nothing out of the dossier was used to take any action against Trump, and that was the whole reason for the investigation.

I would still like to see the receipts instead of the product.

Last edited:
    If the problem was not proper vetting, then doesn't that mean most of it was false, otherwise, why worry about the past vetting? If the information was true, then it was true.
    Why hasn't this dossier been fact checked? There has to be an article with research done to show most was true, it is Trump and we know they would plaster that information all over the media and it would still be going since this administration is such a failure. I think there are few nuggets of mundane truth in there, but only to set a foundation for the rest the mostly false. Where is Steele now?
    It also seems like everyone forgot about the 2 year investigation that we all paid for where literally nothing out of the dossier was used to take any action against Trump, and that was the whole reason for the investigation.

I would still like to see the receipts instead of the product.
    you haven't read the dossier yourself?

https://news.yahoo.com/internal-documents-further-contradict-fauci-142902303.html

If these idiots want to play God for 'scientific research' then why not do it on an island? Volunteers only and you don't get off the island unless you go through a 2 week isolation period and you also sign a waiver that if your little experiments go south and it gets out on the island, the island is turned to glass with everyone and everything on it.

Farb I know there have been several articles written about the dossier, what has been shown to be true, false, or still unknown. I’ll bet you could find one.

Farb I know there have been several articles written about the dossier, what has been shown to be true, false, or still unknown. I’ll bet you could find one.
    Or he could just read the dossier and see that many things in it are at this point 4 years later common knowledge.

Uh-oh. Using a medicine off-brand on the say-so of YouTube and FB just isn’t a super great idea. No real evidence that it works, and then there‘s this:

If true then I heartily endorse the male Trump supporters to ingest this copiously! Mmmm, apple-flavored!

I'm going to start giving you participation trophies too. What the heck are you talking about? Maher's schtick has been consistent since his Politically Incorrect days. Hint: his show was called "Politically Incorrect".

As for the Affleck incident: 1- Maher and Harris were correct, and 2- Affleck went into a steroid fueled rant (was training for Batman). Given your posting history, it is not possible you actually watched that bit; you would not have used it in your post.

In 5 years, he's going to be 70 years old, so yeah, he may be off the air by then.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom