All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

Just because we were talking about Rogan, 😝.

Is he really threatening to sue them?

I listen to his podcasts regularly for entertainment, not news, and i haven't heard him seriously mention suing CNN over it, but he did seem to get his panties in a bunch over them calling it horse dewormer.

Joe Rogan has become more political as he has become more popular. I wouldn't call it partisan, but he definitely questions people much harder when they disagree with whatever narrative he supports on a topic.

Either way, he should not be taken seriously, and i don't think he intends for people to take him seriously.

Yeah, but that’s the ultimate cop out IMO. It’s sort of like the person who says really mean and hurtful things about you, and then says “just kidding”. They knew it was hurtful and didn’t care.

He spreads a lot of disinformation, just blabs out nonsense. And then used that schtick to claim no responsibility for the crap he says.

Yeah, but that’s the ultimate cop out IMO. It’s sort of like the person who says really mean and hurtful things about you, and then says “just kidding”. They knew it was hurtful and didn’t care.

He spreads a lot of disinformation, just blabs out nonsense. And then used that schtick to claim no responsibility for the crap he says.

It's not really a cop out, his show was never supposed to be a place people go for their news. I enjoy his show, I shouldn't have that taken away from me because idiots started seeing him as a news source. He has never pitched himself as that.

It's really hard to make a fair judgement on Joe Rogan unless you actually sit through many of the several hours long podcasts. The clips that make it to the mainstream are never in proper context.

If you don't think Russia peddles in disinformation in the US, we'll, I got some prime beachfront property in the Atchafalaya for sale.
    I am not talking about disinformation, hell, our own political parties do that to us. I am talking about the dossier and all the Russian collusion and Trump working for Russia.

I am not talking about disinformation, hell, our own political parties do that to us. I am talking about the dossier and all the Russian collusion and Trump working for Russia.
    yea, most of that dossier was true.

Wait, for real, is Russia still a thing for you guys? I thought that went away when it was learned everything in that narrative was false?

https://www.the-sun.com/news/3618909/why-are-people-saying-dr-anthony-fauci-lied/

Now it all makes sense why there was a huge media charge to not all this thing the china virus, those were fun days. Turns out we can call it the US NIH Virus. It is kind of catchier.

The Russians haven't forgotten about us.
    Their money went to the NRA and thence to the GOP.
    Not everything in the narrative was false. In fact, most of it was true. Trump's campaign was contacted by the Russians and DID NOT report it to the FBI as they were required to.

Yeah, but that's not what was being alluded to. At least that's not what I got from the comments.

https://nypost.com/2021/09/07/nih-to-study-how-covid-19-vaccine-impacts-menstrual-cycle/

Is there a reason they would spend this kind of money (granted, the did help fund the virus that has originated in the CCP of China) when they have been telling us over and over that this vaccine was the safest thing ever and don't forget it, it is free (not sure why that is always a talking a point when I get lectured about not being vaxed)?

I sincerely hope this has no side effects on a person reproductive system unless it is a loose woman, then I want pain and fire from the farthest reaches of the cosmos to rain down upon them and SMITE them..Smite I say!!! (that was a joke for @MT15). But seriously, I hope there is not, and there probably is not, a side effect on the young.

Yeah, I think the genesis of the dossier was done for political reasons, but the stuff in the dossier was a mixed bag of truth and fiction. The problem with the dossier was that it wasn't properly vetted iirc.

Yea, I only brought it up because I didn’t want Farb’s comment saying everything in that narrative was proven false to go unchallenged.

https://nypost.com/2021/09/07/nih-to-study-how-covid-19-vaccine-impacts-menstrual-cycle/

Is there a reason they would spend this kind of money (granted, the did help fund the virus that has originated in the CCP of China) when they have been telling us over and over that this vaccine was the safest thing ever and don't forget it, it is free (not sure why that is always a talking a point when I get lectured about not being vaxed)?

I sincerely hope this has no side effects on a person reproductive system unless it is a loose woman, then I want pain and fire from the farthest reaches of the cosmos to rain down upon them and SMITE them..Smite I say!!! (that was a joke for @MT15). But seriously, I hope there is not, and there probably is not, a side effect on the young.
    Farb, this is how science works, they study anything and everything. If there is a rumor or some anecdotes or circumstantial evidence, they will start a study to see if it pans out. This is good, you seeing some sort of conspiracy just shows how far gone you are with the conspiracy theories.

Your snark about the NIH and the virus is mostly due to some pretty intense propaganda you’ve been reading. I wonder if the stuff you read comes from China or Russia? Lol

Oh, there’s another country in the ME doing it too, but I forget which one. Probably Iran if I had to guess.

Yeah, I think the genesis of the dossier was done for political reasons, but the stuff in the dossier was a mixed bag of truth and fiction. The problem with the dossier was that it wasn't properly vetted iirc.
    It was always, always accompanied with the explanation that it was “raw intelligence”. It was said from the beginning that some of it was undoubtedly false and planted by the Russians. A troll job, as it were. It was never vetted and every story I read about it said as much.

Uh-oh. Using a medicine off-brand on the say-so of YouTube and FB just isn’t a super great idea. No real evidence that it works, and then there‘s this:

Uh-oh. Using a medicine off-brand on the say-so of YouTube and FB just isn’t a super great idea. No real evidence that it works, and then there‘s this:

They're not satisfied with killing the current voters, they want to kill off the next generation before they're even conceived.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom