All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

It doesn't matter whether each state does it a little differently, as long as they are consistent, because the intent is to evaluate trends to see if their cases are rising or dropping.
    Oh I know. I’m just talking about him dropping out. (Justin)

I saw more people driving around today while wearing a mask in their car.

It's ridiculous that people would continue to wear their masks while driving alone in their car. That's just more evidence that people don't understand proper mask usage, though I'm glad to hear that anyone in Florida is taking their responsibility seriously. Everything I have seen coming out of Florida is a cavalier attitude toward mitigation. I know that's not representative of everyone, but the news certainly shows the negative side of it in the state.

Here in Mississippi -- the land of "I'll do what I want when I want to do it" -- it is probably even worse. There is evidence of some effort, but for the most part, what I see is people acting as if the threat is over. Other than work, I only went out in a public setting twice in the last two days. Once was to pick up food from a restaurant that has opened for seated dining. All of the staff wore masks, but none of the patrons did. The place had just opened for the evening, so there probably weren't 15 people seated, but it appears there was little effort made to space diners out throughout the restaurant. The second place I went, under duress :hihi:, was to my granddaughter's virtual high school graduation. My wife and I were taken to a classroom by an unmasked teacher and watched the graduation projected on a dry erase board. The students were allowed two people inside the auditorium and it seemed as if an effort was made to have each group of three spread apart. After the student received his/her diploma, the student and parents would leave the auditorium. The virtual graduation was theoretically done in the manner it was to keep people at safe distances, but those who left the building congregated outside the front doors, so there was a consistent group of about 100-150 unmasked people mashed together for the duration of the program. Though I watched this from about 100 yards away, I wore the only mask I saw the whole time, except for a couple I saw in one of the classrooms.

The point I am making is that all of the projections of new cases and deaths assume that people will continue to wear masks in public and make an effort to keep their distance. My experience in Mississippi says that it's not going to happen. People are minimizing the threat, acting as if it's all over and going about their business as usual to a large extent.

I saw more people driving around today while wearing a mask in their car.

I have seen this a few times. I thought they were either sick and heading to a doctor or just super paranoid. We put our masks on when getting out of the car and they come off as fast as possible while walking back to the car.

Occasionally, projects I oversee require me to visit project sites that require steel toed boots and a construction vest.

Sometimes i’d go alone, sometimes myself and another corporate guy or gal would hop in and go together. You know what? Occasionally we would get back in our cars and not take off our vests or boots. Crazy I know.

You know what else? I was running my bi-weekly errands the other day and had to go from one store to the next down the street. It was maybe a mile away, but a little too far to walk. You know what I did? I left my mask on!!!! The forking humanity amirite? lol

Last edited:
    Jesus Christo!

Why was RDJ's character Gold? A little thing called Satire.

What the HELL has Trump done that you feel is inadequate in the response to a global pandemic not seen since the spanish flu in the early 1900"s??

I honestly need someone to spell out his/administration's failures in the response to this, other than keeping Dr. Fauci in a position of power and allowing him (Fauci) to speak to the media as often as he did?

I have a whole lot to say on this, but it will take a while. So if anyone wants to list the failures so we can point/counterpoint, I'll be happy to address them along the way.

All he had to do was follow the plan that Obama left him.

Belief by some...

Still the old way of trying to spin things by saying if they had another disease then that should be considered cause of death instead of Covid-19

Yes the current administration wants this narrative and Fox uses a local medical examiners words to back up the statement and all the way in the bottom of the article they finally cite the best US expert on infectious diseases

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the top U.S. infectious disease expert, said during testimony before the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee Tuesday that he believes the coronavirus death toll is “almost certainly higher.

So the top 2/3rds are pushing one message and they burry the expert all the way at the bottom..

Fox news lol

Im not reading all that. That plan went out the window once the pandemic started if it was really there in the first place.

That plan was designed to be implemented before the pandemic reached our shores. If you can't be bothered to stay aware of current events or even read something when provided, I genuinely don't know what you hope to get out of this board. It's like you're unwilling to have a discussion on a discussion board.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom