All Things LGBTQ+ (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    Didn't really see a place for this so I thought I would start a thread about all things LGBTQ since this is a pretty hot topic in our culture right now

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/17/sup...y-that-refuses-to-work-with-lgbt-couples.html

• The Supreme Court on Thursday delivered a unanimous defeat to LGBT couples in a high-profile case over whether Philadelphia could refuse to contract with a Roman Catholic adoption agency that says its religious beliefs prevent it from working with same-sex foster parents.
    • Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in an opinion for a majority of the court that Philadelphia violated the First Amendment by refusing to contract with Catholic Social Services once it learned that the organization would not certify same-sex couples for adoption.

I will admit, I was hopeful for this decision by the SCOTUS but I was surprised by the unanimous decision.

While I don't think there is anything wrong, per se, with same sex couples adopting and raising children (I actually think it is a good thing as it not an abortion) but I also did not want to see the state force a religious institution to bend to a societal norm.

This is exactly why hospitals are desperately trying to lower their profile. This is why people say the modern R party are fascists. Exactly this:

Where it's headed is Carlson accepting zero responsibility when something happens to the hospital/executives

This is exactly why hospitals are desperately trying to lower their profile. This is why people say the modern R party are fascists. Exactly this:

Yea, i flipped over to Tucker last night wondering if they would say anything about the terrible day Trump had in court.

I realized he was doing a 1 hour special on the evil genital mutilation going on in the country by liberals wanting to harvest your children's sex organs.

That makes absolutely no sense. If he's against 'gender ideology' or trans people, he's literally against LGBT people as T for Trans is one of the acronyms. Not to mention that he, having been at the Stonewall riots, should know that the riots started because of protest against the mistreatment of Trans woman at the hands of the police an grew into a larger LGBT riot that it became.
    He said in the article, and I have heard this often, that he is gay and not queer. To be honest, I have no idea what that means, I though they were the same.

Remember the point I was trying to make that you took offense too about getting a bouncer for your voting block? Seems he agrees with me. He is more a fan of the LGB group I guess.

What are you trying to accomplish here? The only reason why Galileo wasn't tossed in an dungeon and executed was because 1. he had social status in Italy and 2. he recanted under duress.

One has to wonder how many Jews found Jesus while on the rack.

Where did I say that?

It's almost as if you don't know the histories of the Catholic church, or the Church of England, or the Russian Orthodox church, or etc etc...
    I am pointing out that the history that evolved from leftist historians often embellished the truth of what really happened in order to cast the church/religion (really just Christianity) in a bad light. If is false and provable. I would recommend Southern as a good starting point. I really like Stark as well.

Galileo was also extremely religious. Not that that matters in this conversation.

I do know the histories of the churches. Some a lot more than others. Yes, all of the ones you listed did horrible things in history. So have atheist zealots movements as well, as we were discussing. Along with every other religion on earth (religion is by man for God, so since man is corrupted, so will his endeavors. So, in my opinion, to write off all evil or the entirety of the church is evil because of past deeds, we need to look at the ones who made those accusations in the first place.

So, when do you believe that 'human secularism' catapulted western society past all the others on the globe? I am just trying to make sure we are arguing the same time periods.

get ready for more outrage

Why do we have to do remakes? Just make something new? That is what everyone should be pissed about. The lack of imagination in Hollywood. It is almost as if their ideological position has overridden their creative nature and they are just taking past popular shows and shoe horning political hot buttons and just watch us fight over it.

We should all just agree to not ever go see a 'remake' again. Maybe that will stop them and we can get some new content that is worth a shirt.

May as well put this in here, even though is not the U.S.

Yesterday at the MX House of Representatives, Salma Luevano, a transgen Diputada (Representative) came up to the podium dressed like the Pope, to present an initiative that aims at legally penalizing religious organizations from speaking against the LBGTTTIQA+ community (those are the letters used in the Spanish speaking world), and qualifying such speech as hate speech.

The Diputados from PAN, who are the "family values moralists" of MX, all left the building. :hihi:

Of note, PAN historically has been tied with the Catholic church; they can't do it openly, but like the GOP, they just champion the "morals" of the church (although they are not the capitalists like the GOP, that's the PRI).

What Luevano said (translated for context and brevity):
    With this attire I pretend to tell religious leaders, who BTW the majority of them is white, cis male, high-upper class, that enough is enough with discourses (sermons) against our rights; we will make them realize that their God is also our God and our faith is as valid as theirs".

It'd be interesting to see how this will play out, when one considers that Mexicans are very Catholic, and Luevano belongs to MORENA, the populist party created by the current MX president, who already had a run in with the Jesuits, after 2 Jesuit priests were gunned down in the State of Coahuila.

As I always say, I can't get why people who are told by a religion they are aberrations want to pray to that god.

May as well put this in here, even though is not the U.S.

Yesterday at the MX House of Representatives, Salma Luevano, a transgen Diputada (Representative) came up to the podium dressed like the Pope, to present an initiative that aims at legally penalizing religious organizations from speaking against the LBGTTTIQA+ community (those are the letters used in the Spanish speaking world), and qualifying such speech as hate speech.

The Diputados from PAN, who are the "family values moralists" of MX, all left the building. :hihi:

Of note, PAN historically has been tied with the Catholic church; they can't do it openly, but like the GOP, they just champion the "morals" of the church (although they are not the capitalists like the GOP, that's the PRI).

What Luevano said (translated for context and brevity):
    With this attire I pretend to tell religious leaders, who BTW the majority of them is white, cis male, high-upper class, that enough is enough with discourses (sermons) against our rights; we will make them realize that their God is also our God and our faith is as valid as theirs".

It'd be interesting to see how this will play out, when one considers that Mexicans are very Catholic, and Luevano belongs to MORENA, the populist party created by the current MX president, who already had a run in with the Jesuits, after 2 Jesuit priests were gunned down in the State of Coahuila.

As I always say, I can't get why people who are told by a religion they are aberrations want to pray to that god.

Is there something like freedom of speech in MX and if there is, does this fly in the face of it or is this embraced by the populous.

I am pointing out that the history that evolved from leftist historians often embellished the truth of what really happened in order to cast the church/religion (really just Christianity) in a bad light. If is false and provable. I would recommend Southern as a good starting point. I really like Stark as well.
    No reason to turn to anyone's writings , the very writings of the Catholic church tells you the history of the Catholic church Southern and Stark are apologists; you will believe them, because just like your religion, you want to believe in them.

Really, you can't just decry "leftist somethings " every time you read or hear something you don't like.
    Galileo was also extremely religious. Not that that matters in this conversation.
    You are right, it doesn't matter.
    I do know the histories of the churches. Some a lot more than others. Yes, all of the ones you listed did horrible things in history. So have atheist zealots movements as well, as we were discussing.
    "Atheist zealots"....
    Along with every other religion on earth (religion is by man for God, so since man is corrupted, so will his endeavors. So, in my opinion, to write off all evil or the entirety of the church is evil because of past deeds, we need to look at the ones who made those accusations in the first place.
    Past deeds, present deeds, and as far as I can tell, future deeds as well.

Do you think this picture was taken by a leftist photographer, using leftist film?

bishops_salute_hitler.jpg

So, when do you believe that 'human secularism' catapulted western society past all the others on the globe? I am just trying to make sure we are arguing the same time periods.
    Yes. Isn't it obvious?

The area where Iraq sits in the ME used to be the Cradle of Civilization. Then Islam took over; they have not recovered ever since. The Far East, while the Silk Road was open, they were the center of civilization (culturally, ideologically, politically, technologically), until the rise of the Ottoman empire, which shut it down in the 15th century.

Even in this continent, there were great civilizations that were almost fully derailed by Los Catholicos, in the name of Jesus and the Spaniard kingdom.

No reason to turn to anyone's writings , the very writings of the Catholic church tells you the history of the Catholic church Southern and Stark are apologists; you will believe them, because just like your religion, you want to believe in them.

Really, you can't just decry "leftist somethings " every time you read or hear something you don't like.

You are right, it doesn't matter.

"Atheist zealots"....

Past deeds, present deeds, and as far as I can tell, future deeds as well.

Do you think this picture was taken by a leftist photographer, using leftist film?

bishops_salute_hitler.jpg

Yes. Isn't it obvious?

The area where Iraq sits in the ME used to be the Cradle of Civilization. Then Islam took over; they have not recovered ever since. The Far East, while the Silk Road was open, they were the center of civilization (culturally, ideologically, politically, technologically), until the rise of the Ottoman empire, which shut it down in the 15th century.

Even in this continent, there were great civilizations that were almost fully derailed by Los Catholicos, in the name of Jesus and the Spaniard kingdom.
    Just so I am clear, anyone that has a different opinion from you is an apologist? That doesn't seem very open minded.

We can get into some of the church's writings in the past (I wont worry about the present as that is a hot topic just among Catholics at this moment) if that will help prove your point, but I think it will actually prove mine.

Funny you ask if that picture was taken by a lefty on lefty film. The answer might be maybe? Do you know where the, proven false rumor' of Pope Pious being 'Hitler's Pope' started? The Soviet Union in 1944 or 45. The New York Times condemned the article as outlandish propaganda.
    What was the jewish view of Pope Pious XII? Overwhelming support for his covert and not so covert efforts and success in saving hundred of thousands of jews from the Nazis.

You brought up 2 different religions that squashed science and technological advancement. I would agree with that 100%. The myth of the 'Golden Age of Islam' is from the same cloth as the myth of the 'dark ages'.

I think that science and technological advancement by the west that far outpaces all other civilization happened because of Christianity or more precisely because of the catholic church. I know you disagree with everything I said so lets discuss it.

On second thought, maybe would should take this discussion to your arena, the Religion and philosophy board or whatever it is called.

Yes, the old tired troupe of if you disagree with me that children should not be given permanent life altering biological drugs and surgeries for a mental illness, then you must and want people to die, because, if you disagree with me, you are evil.

I did I do that right? And you worry about my sources. LOL

If these people want to support and can offer valid medical reason for a giving 14 year old hormone drugs and cut off healthy breasts of a 16 year old to treat gender dysphoria, then they need to explain it without all the 'people will die' screeching.

If this is such a good thing, why did Vanderbilt and Boston take down all the information for their trans health clinics? Simple, no one was supposed to notice and if you did, the shrill cry of 'bigot' was suppose to stop any more snooping around.

The dude was wearing fetish prosthetic gear to teach in, to teach children. Are you also ok with a teacher that is transitioning to be a 'male' and they pack a overly large and overly realistic fake penis in their pants where the outline is clearly visible along with the all the known parts of a penis? I hope you would see an issue with that. The fact you can't here is because they told you it was just a bigoted attack on a poor trans person just trying to live their truth. Actually sad.

As a woman, you don't find it offensive that this guy considers the female body to be cartoon like? That is a fetish. That old stonewall protester had it right when he said it was 'woman face'.

Let us try and find a common ground. Do you think it is inappropriate to have an adult act out a fetish of his/her in front of children?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom