All Things LGBTQ+ (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    Didn't really see a place for this so I thought I would start a thread about all things LGBTQ since this is a pretty hot topic in our culture right now

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/17/sup...y-that-refuses-to-work-with-lgbt-couples.html

• The Supreme Court on Thursday delivered a unanimous defeat to LGBT couples in a high-profile case over whether Philadelphia could refuse to contract with a Roman Catholic adoption agency that says its religious beliefs prevent it from working with same-sex foster parents.
    • Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in an opinion for a majority of the court that Philadelphia violated the First Amendment by refusing to contract with Catholic Social Services once it learned that the organization would not certify same-sex couples for adoption.

I will admit, I was hopeful for this decision by the SCOTUS but I was surprised by the unanimous decision.

While I don't think there is anything wrong, per se, with same sex couples adopting and raising children (I actually think it is a good thing as it not an abortion) but I also did not want to see the state force a religious institution to bend to a societal norm.

I approved of a bomb threat?
    My initial response was it didn't happen, then that it was a lefty doing it to manufacture the 'extremism' your side has promised you.
    Your initial response was - they deserved it. Then the other two fantasy responses, which I showed come straight from the alt-right playbook.

Actually - your exact sentiment was - that’s what they get - just remembered.

And - what are you trying to say by posting this photo? Are you trying to say that all trans people are like this? That they should all be fired from teaching positions and be banned from being near children? What was your purpose in promoting this photo?

Maybe the third time will be the charm, lol.

Last edited:
    Interesting article
    ==============

The day after Texas Gov. Greg Abbott ordered the state’s Department of Family and Protective Services to “conduct a prompt and thorough investigation” of families with transgender children, the first case came up, and Morgan Davis’s name was on it.

Davis was one of four investigators on a Travis County unit tasked with reviewing claims of child abuse. Usually, he and his colleagues took cases on a rotation. Davis was next in line.

That evening, a Wednesday in late February, his supervisor called and relayed the basic facts.

A mandated reporter — by law, any licensed professional who works directly with children — had turned in a family outside of Austin because they’d allowed their teenager to live as a girl.

Under the governor’s order, someone had to investigate the family for child abuse.

Davis’s supervisor told him she knew working the case might feel difficult. Nine months earlier, Davis had come out as a transgender man. He was 52, born in a generation when calling yourself “tomboy” felt daring enough, but after five decades, he’d decided he was finally ready to live as himself.

On the phone, the supervisor said she was prepared to offer Davis something she never had before.

“If you want to recuse yourself,” she said, “you can.”

Davis had taken the investigator job because he hoped to advocate for children in a way he felt no one had advocated for him when he was young. Usually, he believed in the department’s mission of removing children from abusive situations.

But if he took this case, he thought, he’d be carrying out what many in his department had been calling a political stunt.

Across the country, Republican lawmakers were pushing anti-trans legislation to bar children from sports or gender-affirming health care. Abbott’s letter went further.

It didn’t matter that puberty blockers and hormone therapy are endorsed by all major medical associations as appropriate treatments for gender dysphoria.

If a parent allowed their child access to those medications, Abbott wrote, the state could break up the family.

Abbott said he’d written the directive because he wanted to protect children from “abusive” procedures, but Davis and his colleagues believed the governor had done it to rouse his conservative base ahead of November’s gubernatorial run against Beto O’Rourke.

It was evil, Davis thought, and he didn’t want to participate in evil. But recusing himself wouldn’t make the case go away. Another investigator would take it.

Davis believed that most of his colleagues wanted to protect children from harm, but he knew that no one else had the lived experience he did. If he took the case, maybe he could tell the family he understood. Maybe he could thank them for giving their daughter the childhood he never had.

Davis pulled in a deep breath, exhaled, then told his boss he’d do it.

“If it’s got to be someone,” he said, “I want it to be me.”………

Maybe you are right. Educate me. At what age does WPAth recommend beginning pubertally blocks and removal of healthy breasts?
    Yet again, you're conflating your own willful ignorance - and I mean that literally, not pejoratively, you've been given a direct link to a comprehensive document with pages of references that directly addresses your questions, and you're not even looking at it - with an argument.

But then, as the saying goes, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

Of course, if it doesn't drink, eventually the horse dies.

And then people really should stop beating it.

Your initial response was - they deserved it. Then the other two fantasy responses, which I showed come straight from the alt-right playbook.

Actually - your exact sentiment was - that’s what they get - just remembered.

And - what are you trying to say by posting this photo? Are you trying to say that all trans people are like this? That they should all be fired from teaching positions and be banned from being near children? What was your purpose in promoting this photo?

Maybe the third time will be the charm, lol.
    What did I say when I posted the photo? You didn't read it did you? Maybe instead of following me around asking the same question over and over, go back and read what I wrote when I posted the picture and article. Or did you read somewhere this was not happening either and it was all made up by the boogey man Q whatever?

Do you approve of this guy dressing like this to teach kids?

Yet again, you're conflating your own willful ignorance - and I mean that literally, not pejoratively, you've been given a direct link to a comprehensive document with pages of references that directly addresses your questions, and you're not even looking at it - with an argument.

But then, as the saying goes, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

Of course, if it doesn't drink, eventually the horse dies.

And then people really should stop beating it.
    If the well is poison, the horse will be better off. Do they mention an age to start the transition? I know they did, but suddenly, a lot of their documentation fails to mention that. There are copies and screen grabs though.

How do they address men having babies? Is that possible by the medical group you claim is the end all be all of this medical problem we face ourselves in? I think your medical source is a political ideological thinktank and nothing more.

Do you think a child should be given drugs to halt/stop/delay puberty for the sake of early onset gender dysphoria?

What did I say when I posted the photo? You didn't read it did you? Maybe instead of following me around asking the same question over and over, go back and read what I wrote when I posted the picture and article. Or did you read somewhere this was not happening either and it was all made up by the boogey man Q whatever?

Do you approve of this guy dressing like this to teach kids?
    I already answered your question, and you haven’t answered mine. Why did you think this was worthy of being elevated and publicized? Do you think this is typical of trans teachers? Because if you don’t, then why make such a big deal out of one weirdo?

or a cult rally, either way, it is what it is.

This is obviously public school students activism against school rules that they believe discriminate against their fellow students.

Would you care to defend your conclusion that this is a cult? That word has generally accepted sociological meaning with defining characteristics.

Do they mention -
    See, the fact that you're still not looking at it makes it entirely clear that everything you're saying on this particular subject is, by definition, uninformed and ignorant, and your opinions on the topic and on the current medical guidance and the evidence base thereof are worthless accordingly.

If you don't have the time and inclination to actually understand the topic, you don't have the time or ability to contribute to a meaningful discussion about it.

Heck, you've spent weeks, over pages and pages of this thread, making the spectacularly absurd assumption that an evidence base for the current standard treatments simply doesn't exist, apparently having not bothered to actually, you know, take a minute to look to see whether it does or not.

Most likely because you made the mistake of reading terrible sources and just assumed that their not mentioning it meant it didn't, when in reality, no, it does, and the reason your sources don't mention it is because they're terrible sources, guilty of all the political bias you're so quick to claim you see everywhere else.

If you actually care about the topic, take the time to understand it. And no, demanding people spoon-feed it to you doesn't count.

Last edited:
    I already answered your question, and you haven’t answered mine. Why did you think this was worthy of being elevated and publicized? Do you think this is typical of trans teachers? Because if you don’t, then why make such a big deal out of one weirdo?
    So he is a weirdo to you?

You have not and again and for the last time, go look at the words I typed when I posted the article. The answer to the riddle in your head is right there, in the words I typed. Feel free to join the conversation.

This is obviously public school students activism against school rules that they believe discriminate against their fellow students.

Would you care to defend your conclusion that this is a cult? That word has generally accepted sociological meaning with defining characteristics.
    You want me to defend to my conclusion that the radical LGTBQ movement is a cult. Sure. This will be fun.

Provide the definition of 'cult' that you want me to use.

See, the fact that you're still not looking at makes it entirely clear that everything you're saying on this particular subject is, by definition, uninformed and ignorant, and your opinions on the topic and on the current medical guidance and the evidence base thereof are worthless accordingly.

If you don't have the time and inclination to actually understand the topic, you don't have the time to contribute to a meaningful discussion about it.

Heck, you've spent weeks, over pages and pages of this thread, making the spectacularly absurd assumption that an evidence base for the current standard treatments simply doesn't exist, apparently having not bothered to actually, you know, take a minute to look to see whether it does or not.

Most likely because you made the mistake of reading terrible sources and just assumed that their not mentioning it meant it didn't, when in reality, no, it does, and the reason your sources don't mention it is because they're terrible sources, guilty of all the political bias you're so quick to claim you see everywhere else.

If you actually care about the topic, take the time to understand it. And no, demanding people spoon-feed it to you doesn't count.
    You have stated that 'some' men can have babies and yet you claim I am the uninformed and ignorant.

So let me get your logic. I have to accept what is provided to me by the very people that are attempting this shell game? But, if I or anyone else have a different view, it those people that are the non-enlightened and ignorant? Speaking of cultish.

Since you are fond of saying my sources are ignorant, lets find a starting point.
    So, let bring this to a base line. Do you think trans genderism in children is a mental disorder? Yes or No. This is a binary question.

So he is a weirdo to you?

You have not and again and for the last time, go look at the words I typed when I posted the article. The answer to the riddle in your head is right there, in the words I typed. Feel free to join the conversation.
    No, the answer isn’t there. Do you think this person is representative of all trans people? If not, then why promote them? Why point to them? What is your purpose in doing so?

I answered your question ages ago - you even repeated my answer back to me. Why are you having trouble answering my questions to you?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom