All Things LGBTQ+ (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    Didn't really see a place for this so I thought I would start a thread about all things LGBTQ since this is a pretty hot topic in our culture right now

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/17/sup...y-that-refuses-to-work-with-lgbt-couples.html

• The Supreme Court on Thursday delivered a unanimous defeat to LGBT couples in a high-profile case over whether Philadelphia could refuse to contract with a Roman Catholic adoption agency that says its religious beliefs prevent it from working with same-sex foster parents.
    • Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in an opinion for a majority of the court that Philadelphia violated the First Amendment by refusing to contract with Catholic Social Services once it learned that the organization would not certify same-sex couples for adoption.

I will admit, I was hopeful for this decision by the SCOTUS but I was surprised by the unanimous decision.

While I don't think there is anything wrong, per se, with same sex couples adopting and raising children (I actually think it is a good thing as it not an abortion) but I also did not want to see the state force a religious institution to bend to a societal norm.

No. Remember Galileo?

No. It was against religion.

No. The West rose after the rise of secular humanism.

They were executed because they were part of the class that oppressed the masses

As I said, the religious zealots revolt because the State took away their political clout; the opposing side (you know, the ones who wanted democracy and not a military dictatorship) wanted to destroy the church in MX because the church's behavior, its support for an oppressive regime, and its role in the oppression of the masses.

After priests were blessing firing squads during the dictatorships, they deserved a taste of their own medicine.
    I do remember him. Is this the part where you rehash the age old incorrect notion that he toiled in dungeons and was tortured for his scientific research? Are you going to bring up the Spanish inquisition next?

When do you think the West 'rose' past other civilizations? Before, during or after the Dark ages? (Can we agree the dark ages roughly indicates 500-1500 AD?)

The church supported the revolution and the ideas of democracy (remember, Democracy was really 'perfected' with the Italian city states. The church knew these well and has always supported (rightly or wrongly) the side of freedom. The church stopped the tithe at the request of the revolution but once church property was seized, priests, nuns and monks tortured and executed, the church backed off the support the revolution leaders, not the movement. Do you disagree with that?

Edited to add that leadership of the FR changed many times and always to the more radical with the end being a emperor.

So no subsites or tax breaks at all, across the board, as long as that business stays politically neutral?

I'm fine with giving subsidies to windmill farms, if that is what you are asking.

Do we think this is appropriate? I do not but I also have my doubts on consistency if I would find a female teacher with these size of natural breasts. I have a feeling the female teacher would not fetishize breast in this manner and would be more modest in her dress at school. And if she didn't, then she should not be a teacher. Same goes for this guy, he should not be around kids.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ze-trans-teacher-huge-prosthetic-breasts.html

CandaTeacher.jpg

Do we think this is appropriate? I do not but I also have my doubts on consistency if I would find a female teacher with these size of natural breasts. I have a feeling the female teacher would not fetishize breast in this manner and would be more modest in her dress at school. And if she didn't, then she should not be a teacher. Same goes for this guy, he should not be around kids.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ze-trans-teacher-huge-prosthetic-breasts.html

CandaTeacher.jpg
    No, that person should be fired.

It has nothing to do with transgender.

Anyone who shows up to work like that should be fired, no matter any other factors.

I do remember him. Is this the part where you rehash the age old incorrect notion that he toiled in dungeons and was tortured for his scientific research? Are you going to bring up the Spanish inquisition next?
    No... if I were to rehash anything at this point, it'd rehash that he was tried by the Inquisition (I guess I have to bring up the Inquisition after all) in the 1630's, found "vehemently suspect of heresy", was forced to recant his scientific findings, and lived the rest of his life under house arrest by order of the church.
    When do you think the West 'rose' past other civilizations? Before, during or after the Dark ages? (Can we agree the dark ages roughly indicates 500-1500 AD?)
    Considering that the Inquisition tried Galileo in the 1630's...
    The church supported the revolution and the ideas of democracy
    No.

You have been shown here many many times that it indeed happening to children. You just refuse to see it. The reason they are doing it ideological (much like your ability to not question at all simply because you cannot fathom that the medical community might not be as neutral politically as they want you to believe).

Also notice how the Boston hospital quietly took down all the videos and documents related to age and practice in the trans health community. Vanderbilt just did the same thing yesterday as an article was published showing their desire to make money and also threatening the providers that if they had any moral dilemmas then 'maybe Vanderbilt is the not place for you to work'. Here is one video from you favorite person Matt Walsh that he was able to save before Vanderbilt got wind that they were being investigated by the media. Feel free to search their website, you won't find it any long or really any information about trans health criteria. Odd. Can you explain that besides just clutching pearls at the name of the journalist?

I acknowledged that it was happening, what YOU refuse to acknowledge is that the medical procedure (called breast reduction) has different reasons for being performed. Neither of us know that these procedures on minors were done for gender reasons. There are other reasons for that procedure. Same with your other medical procedures. The reporting says they were done, but doesn’t say why. So you (and your thought leaders online) are just running with the thought that these are done for gender reasons when that is unknown.

Also, blaming the institutions for removing videos after they are put under attack and received bomb threats and death threats due to those videos (from people who follow the lead of the people you read and follow online) is the height of hypocrisy.

Your refusal to acknowledge that people you like are fomenting violence against trans people and these institutions just laid bare all your hypocritical “pearl clutching” about riots. You don’t mind violence as long as it’s directed at those you think deserve it. You admitted as much and have never taken that back when the story about the threats first came out.

CandaTeacher.jpg

I have a female friend that has natural breast that where close to that size and worked at her son's high school. I think she was used to the looks she'd get because of there size.

Those nipples sure do protrude out. :oops: I would think that a conversation about moderating the size of her prosthetic for school would be appropriate. If for no other reason than because it could be a safety issue in her shop class and because is something she can control. Also, backpain .... ouch.

No... if I were to rehash anything at this point, it'd rehash that he was tried by the Inquisition (I guess I have to bring up the Inquisition after all) in the 1630's, found "vehemently suspect of heresy", was forced to recant his scientific findings, and lived the rest of his life under house arrest by order of the church.

Considering that the Inquisition tried Galileo in the 1630's...

No.
    He was. Was he tried and convicted (never served a day in prison or mistreated, actually, treated very well. The charge he admitted to was actually a lesser charge. Do you think the fact that he had one of his characters named 'Simpico' who was the dummy of the 3 fictional characters regurgitate the Pope's (who was a friend of his) argument against copernicusism as a purposeful affront? More than likely.

So the age of reason to you began after or during the FR? Can we then agree on the early 1700s?

I need more than that. Can you show me where the church supported all of these dictators that were oppressing the masses?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...9-Stonewall-Riots-attacked-pro-trans-mob.html

"Fred Sargeant, 74, was attacked after holding a sign with a red line through the phrases 'Woman Face' and 'Black Face,' at the 39th Burlington Pride Parade in Vermont.

Sargeant is against the recent 'gender ideology movement' which he says is 'homophobic' and 'exclusive.'

'Mugged at Burlington Pride,' Sargeant wrote on Facebook. 'So, I went to Pride to protest their misogyny, homophobia, exclusionary policies and divisiveness. I was met by screaming, multiple assaults, ageist comments, shoving, slaps to the back of my head, pouring coffee on me and repeated attempts to steal my signs.

'Being unsuccessful in their attempts to disrupt my protest and drive me away, the mob pushed me to the ground as the parade ended, further injuring me.'

He concluded while posting a photo of his controversial sign: 'They stole or damaged more than $550 worth of my property. This is the sign that the young trans/rainbow brownshirts in dresses went absolutely nuts over.'

Sargeant has been an advocate for gay rights since he participated in the six-day Stonewall Riots of 1969 and co-led the first pride parade in New York City known as the Christopher Street Liberation Day march."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...9-Stonewall-Riots-attacked-pro-trans-mob.html

Sargeant is against the recent 'gender ideology movement' which he says is 'homophobic' and 'exclusive.'

That makes absolutely no sense. If he's against 'gender ideology' or trans people, he's literally against LGBT people as T for Trans is one of the acronyms. Not to mention that he, having been at the Stonewall riots, should know that the riots started because of protest against the mistreatment of Trans woman at the hands of the police an grew into a larger LGBT riot that it became.

He was. Was he tried and convicted (never served a day in prison or mistreated, actually, treated very well. The charge he admitted to was actually a lesser charge. Do you think the fact that he had one of his characters named 'Simpico' who was the dummy of the 3 fictional characters regurgitate the Pope's (who was a friend of his) argument against copernicusism as a purposeful affront? More than likely.
    What are you trying to accomplish here? The only reason why Galileo wasn't tossed in an dungeon and executed was because 1. he had social status in Italy and 2. he recanted under duress.

One has to wonder how many Jews found Jesus while on the rack.

So the age of reason to you began after or during the FR?
    Where did I say that?
    I need more than that. Can you show me where the church supported all of these dictators that were oppressing the masses?
    It's almost as if you don't know the histories of the Catholic church, or the Church of England, or the Russian Orthodox church, or etc etc...

Do you see a difference between that and the anti-religious push of the left to label all those that believe their religious tenants to be evil and bigoted? I assume you also see it both ways, correct?

Yes. Do you not see the difference between an authority figure that tells people they are going to eternal damnation for not following a specific path using their platform to tell people how to vote and an organized movement with no authority figures (in terms of religious tenants) pointing out that those tenants are, in fact, bigoted?

Do you see a difference between that and the anti-religious push of the left to label all those that believe their religious tenants to be evil and bigoted? I assume you also see it both ways, correct?

Yes, the difference is that as an entity that gets a religious based tax exemption, they are not legally allowed to push politics.

They should lose their tax exemptions, but you guys would scream like babies claiming that it was an attack on religion.

CandaTeacher.jpg
    I’m just curious - what is the point of this post? Are you saying this person is typical of trans people? Are you saying that this will become commonplace if we don’t stamp out trans people or something? What exactly are you trying to say?

This is exactly why hospitals are desperately trying to lower their profile. This is why people say the modern R party are fascists. Exactly this:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom