All Things LGBTQ+ (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
Reaction score
Didn't really see a place for this so I thought I would start a thread about all things LGBTQ since this is a pretty hot topic in our culture right now

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/17/sup...y-that-refuses-to-work-with-lgbt-couples.html

• The Supreme Court on Thursday delivered a unanimous defeat to LGBT couples in a high-profile case over whether Philadelphia could refuse to contract with a Roman Catholic adoption agency that says its religious beliefs prevent it from working with same-sex foster parents.
  • Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in an opinion for a majority of the court that Philadelphia violated the First Amendment by refusing to contract with Catholic Social Services once it learned that the organization would not certify same-sex couples for adoption.

I will admit, I was hopeful for this decision by the SCOTUS but I was surprised by the unanimous decision.

While I don't think there is anything wrong, per se, with same sex couples adopting and raising children (I actually think it is a good thing as it not an abortion) but I also did not want to see the state force a religious institution to bend to a societal norm.

https://news.yahoo.com/fact-check-false-claim-boston-164450367.html

"The hospital's website states that gender affirmation surgeries are only offered for those 18 years and older, not young children. It also explains the various steps that must be taken prior to being eligible for surgery, including living as the desired gender for a year."

I will include this one too. We can check back and see how this particular statement hold up and ages. Should be fun.

Were they drugs developed for gender affirming healthcare or are they off label? If these studies exist, why are the studys that are now coming out of Europe causing them to halt the therapy? I was told science changes, it does right? So the new studies that show there is no, none, benefit of these drugs in gender affirming care (not for the actual medical reason of puberty problems in humans). Are we just late to the change?

I am being radicalized? Because I don't think men can become women? Yeah, I am the radical one. LOL
Let me ask you this since you somehow think I condone someone blowing up a hospital, do you think the BLM protests were peaceful or do you think they were riots? Just trying to compare our level of being radicalized.

"Use of GnRH analogues pauses puberty, providing time to determine if a child's gender identity is long lasting. It also gives children and their families time to think about or plan for the psychological, medical, developmental, social and legal issues ahead.

If an adolescent child decides to stop taking GnRH analogues, puberty will resume and the normal progression of the physical and emotional changes of puberty will continue.

What is the typical treatment time frame?​

For most children, puberty begins around ages 10 to 11, though puberty sometimes starts earlier. The effect of pubertal blockers depends on when a child begins to take the medication. GnRHanalogue treatment can begin at the start of puberty to delay secondary sex characteristics. In slightly later stages of puberty, the treatment could be used to stop menstruation or erections or to prevent further development of undesired secondary sex characteristics.

While most children take the medication for a few years, every child is different. After suppressing puberty for a few years, your child might decide to stop puberty blocking therapy or pursue other hormone treatments."

On the other hand:

Last edited:
“Mom, for Ameera, we use they or them pronouns, we don’t say she or her. We do this because we respect Ameera for who they are.”

I sat back smiling to myself, on the verge of tears as I heard a friend carefully and thoughtfully explain my use of gender-neutral pronouns to his mother. It was the first time in my life that I didn’t feel the burden of explaining, and I was overcome with feelings of being seen, heard, and supported. My heart swelled once again when she responded with acceptance and warmth, and immediately hugged me.

It was a marked difference from some of the responses I got from friends or family when I first told them, ranging from not understanding at all, to being distracted and not really paying attention. I was speechless as I thought to myself, “Wow. This is what it feels like to be affirmed for who I really am.”

Using someone’s correct gender pronouns is about so much more than switching three or four-letter words. It’s about seeing them for who they really are. Frankly, it’s not the pronouns themselves that make me feel accepted for who I am, but rather what the use of correct pronouns represents in terms of affirming my identity. And that seemingly small pronoun shift can have a huge impact on a person’s mental health for several reasons. These are some of the ways correct pronoun use benefits my mental health, but it’s important to recognize that the reasons may be different for others.

1. It makes them feel seen for who they really are.

For most of my life, people have seen me as a girl or a woman and assumed my gender identity. When someone uses they/them pronouns, I feel like they’re acknowledging they don’t see me as a woman, and are instead seeing me the way I see myself. I felt ashamed of my true self for so long, and that bred so much self-hate and depression. Each time my correct pronouns are used, some of that hate and shame melt away.

2. It shows you respect them and their identity.

My depression always tells me that I don’t matter and that people in my life don’t really care about me. When someone puts the effort in to consciously think about using they/them pronouns for me, it makes me feel respected. Seeing people respect me enough to pause and change their old, default ways of addressing me helps me feel like people care enough to do that for me.

Subsequently, when someone continually slips up, I’m not mad about the pronoun miss, but I’m mad that they still see me as a woman, and not as someone gender nonconforming. Because if they did see me as who I really am, I wouldn’t be associated with she/her pronouns. It tells me instead of them trying to understand me truly, they’re just trying to change a word to appease me.

“Being able to become more comfortable in my gender-nonconforming skin has been one of the greatest influences on fostering positive mental health.”..........

Then there's this
=======================

A teacher in Kansas was awarded $95,000 Wednesday to settle a lawsuit after she misgendered a student but claimed that she should be allowed to because of her religious beliefs.

The former math teacher at Fort Riley Middle School, Pamela Ricard, claimed it was a violation of her religious beliefs to use the preferred pronouns of a trans boy student and insisted on addressing him as “miss.”

She was reprimanded and suspended for three days for violating the bullying, diversity, and inclusion policies. She sued the school district...........

Then there's this
=======================

A teacher in Kansas was awarded $95,000 Wednesday to settle a lawsuit after she misgendered a student but claimed that she should be allowed to because of her religious beliefs.

The former math teacher at Fort Riley Middle School, Pamela Ricard, claimed it was a violation of her religious beliefs to use the preferred pronouns of a trans boy student and insisted on addressing him as “miss.”

She was reprimanded and suspended for three days for violating the bullying, diversity, and inclusion policies. She sued the school district...........

I wonder how she was able to show that her religious beliefs prevented her from doing it.

Assuming she was Christian, does the bible even discuss trans people in any way?

Is just the fact that god created Adam and Eve enough to establish that being anti-trans is a tenant of the religion?

"Use of GnRH analogues pauses puberty, providing time to determine if a child's gender identity is long lasting. It also gives children and their families time to think about or plan for the psychological, medical, developmental, social and legal issues ahead.

If an adolescent child decides to stop taking GnRH analogues, puberty will resume and the normal progression of the physical and emotional changes of puberty will continue.

What is the typical treatment time frame?​

For most children, puberty begins around ages 10 to 11, though puberty sometimes starts earlier. The effect of pubertal blockers depends on when a child begins to take the medication. GnRHanalogue treatment can begin at the start of puberty to delay secondary sex characteristics. In slightly later stages of puberty, the treatment could be used to stop menstruation or erections or to prevent further development of undesired secondary sex characteristics.

While most children take the medication for a few years, every child is different. After suppressing puberty for a few years, your child might decide to stop puberty blocking therapy or pursue other hormone treatments."

On the other hand:
The Epoch Times is not a reputable news source. If that is where this info on Europe is coming from, it’s likely not true. this is what Media Bias / Fact Check says about the Epoch Times:

• Overall, we rate The Epoch Times Right Biased and Questionable based on the publication of pseudoscience and the promotion of propaganda and conspiracy theories, as well as numerous failed fact checks.

Detailed Report​

Questionable Reasoning: Conspiracy Theories, Pseudoscience, Propaganda, Fake News, Failed Fact Checks
Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY

Were they drugs developed for gender affirming healthcare or are they off label? If these studies exist, why are the studys that are now coming out of Europe causing them to halt the therapy? I was told science changes, it does right? So the new studies that show there is no, none, benefit of these drugs in gender affirming care (not for the actual medical reason of puberty problems in humans). Are we just late to the change?

I am being radicalized? Because I don't think men can become women? Yeah, I am the radical one. LOL
Let me ask you this since you somehow think I condone someone blowing up a hospital, do you think the BLM protests were peaceful or do you think they were riots? Just trying to compare our level of being radicalized.
Your one source from Sweden comes from a group of 100 people who are dedicated to stopping the use of puberty blockers. Here’s the “About Us” from your link:

“We are an international group of over 100 clinicians and researchers concerned about the lack of quality evidence for the use of hormonal and surgical interventions as first-line treatment for young people with gender dysphoria. We represent expertise from a range of clinical disciplines.”

Can you show that anyplace other than Sweden has stopped prescribing these drugs? Can you show anything from a neutral source?

Nice attempt to deflect about the radicalization. (not really). Your response to the fact that Boston Children’s Hospital getting bomb threats and other violent threats was the give-away that you’re becoming radicalized. You characterized threats of violence as deserved.

Rationalizing violence against a children’s hospital means you may be much farther down the road to radicalization than even you think you are. But it’s apparent to anyone who reads what you say.

The Epoch Times is not a reputable news source. If that is where this info on Europe is coming from, it’s likely not true. this is what Media Bias / Fact Check says about the Epoch Times:

• Overall, we rate The Epoch Times Right Biased and Questionable based on the publication of pseudoscience and the promotion of propaganda and conspiracy theories, as well as numerous failed fact checks.

Detailed Report​

Questionable Reasoning: Conspiracy Theories, Pseudoscience, Propaganda, Fake News, Failed Fact Checks
Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY

Yeah, I wondered about that.

Sam Morril is being praised for a “genuinely funny” trans joke in his Netflix stand-up show.

In recent years, many comedians, including Dave Chappelle, have been criticised for making offensive jokes about trans people. This has led to a debate about what comedians should or shouldn’t discuss on stage.

In Morril’s new special, which is called Same Time Tomorrow, he addresses the subject of the trans community – and a clip of the American comic is now being used as an example of how you can do so while still making “genuinely funny jokes”.

“Sam Morril wrote an edgy hour long special on Netflix that is funny as hell yet never punches down,” Julie S Lalonde wrote on Twitter, calling it: “A brilliant antidote to the ‘Cancel Culture Killed Comedy’ crowd.”

In the clip, Morril targets a transphobic man who was “mad about the trans swimmer, Lia Thomas”, who, earlier this year, became the first openly transgender athlete to win America's top trophy in university sports.

Morril ends the discussion with a NSFW punchline that has been branded “funny as hell”. In a review of the special, Ready Steady Cut called it the “funniest” stand-up show of the year so far.

”Y'see bigots, one can make jokes about trans topics,” one viewer wrote, with another adding: “Now, this is how you make a funny trans joke, take note .”…….

Update on kiwifarms: they were booted off CloudFlare, finally, who had resisted booting them for way too long. But just hours later they were back up using a Russian hosting service. As if there’s any doubt that much of this horrible stuff online that we are being plagued with doesn’t come from about 3 places in the world.

So this is interesting. Some might recognize a similar narrative that has been pushed elsewhere by people trying to demonize trans people. (as fascists do)

Whose life experience am I ignoring?
If you have to ask...
I'm sure you have plenty of trans friends...
Friends? I don't. Do you?
Then again, people I consider friends, are few in my circle.

Which isn't happening.
Actually, it is.
It's a complex, ever-changing situation that needs an equitable solution and not the hysteria that people like you engage in.
You really need to stop making such comments. Especially the "you people"... not a good look. But hey, par for the course.
It does. Your inability to see it doesn't make it any less true.
There you go again.
I never said your argument was based on religion. I said your argument was reminiscent of the argument made by conservative religious types.
My argument is based on facts. Their arguments are based on religion. How is that comparable?
As I said, you made a blanket statement that went far beyond sports. You greatly expanded the scope of your argument, so I responded in the same manner.
I made a statement very relevant, actually the main factor, regarding male-female sports.

If you don't want your arguments compared to those of alt-right religious nuts, maybe you shouldn't say things that sound like something Ben Shapiro would say.
Broken clocks... but I don't sound like Ben Shapiro, because I am simply offering facts, facts that you have not even addressed in your condescending efforts to discredit me instead of my points.

So, if you have at least a counter-point against the fact that the men-women division in sports is a biological division between the male of the species and the female of the species, by all means... otherwise...

Assuming she was Christian, does the bible even discuss trans people in any way?
Is just the fact that god created Adam and Eve enough to establish that being anti-trans is a tenant of the religion?

In many ways it does. it just doesn't say "transgender".

It doesn't matter what the Bible says or doesn't say. The Bible was written by man and man has grown over the last 2000 years since it was written.

But then again I'm an uncircumcised philistine.

Last edited:

But where?

I was raised Baptist. I am pretty familiar with the bible, but I don't recall anything remotely close to trans.

Was it because Noah took two of each animal on the ark? I could see them trying to twist things as vague as that to support their phobias.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom