All Things LGBTQ+ (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    Didn't really see a place for this so I thought I would start a thread about all things LGBTQ since this is a pretty hot topic in our culture right now

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/17/sup...y-that-refuses-to-work-with-lgbt-couples.html

• The Supreme Court on Thursday delivered a unanimous defeat to LGBT couples in a high-profile case over whether Philadelphia could refuse to contract with a Roman Catholic adoption agency that says its religious beliefs prevent it from working with same-sex foster parents.
    • Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in an opinion for a majority of the court that Philadelphia violated the First Amendment by refusing to contract with Catholic Social Services once it learned that the organization would not certify same-sex couples for adoption.

I will admit, I was hopeful for this decision by the SCOTUS but I was surprised by the unanimous decision.

While I don't think there is anything wrong, per se, with same sex couples adopting and raising children (I actually think it is a good thing as it not an abortion) but I also did not want to see the state force a religious institution to bend to a societal norm.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...-year-old-boy-sexually-assaulted-in-park.html

1626384519760.png

This is female suspect of child sexual assault
    1626390347850.jpeg

This is a male suspect of child sexual assault.

Are you mad that it unfair to female sex predators because he should be competing in the male division of sex predators?
    Mad? No, not at all. I do find it humorous that the police fall over themselves using the correct pronouns that this 'female' was a suspect. Comical and sad.

https://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/2020/06/12/boston-pride-response-to-black-lives-matter/

"Boston Pride’s milquetoast message was rebuked for a number of reasons. For one, say critics, it did not include the unequivocal statement “Black Lives Matter.” In addition, the statement’s hedging language stopped short of indicting the institutionalized underpinnings of police brutality, and instead rang with needless qualifying of the not-all-cops! variety. It also failed to outline steps that Boston Pride would take to be an organization more reflective of Black LGBTQ voices, or offer ways that this week’s (virtual) Pride series could center itself around antiracism work, as other Pride organizations around the country have done."

Did you fail to read the paragraphs before that where it was made clear that the pushback was coming from Boston Pride members? Your original assertion was that "BLM threw a hissy and a pride organization bowed down and disbanded". That was utter bullshirt. Why not just admit it and move on?

Why did those Boston Pride Members 'pushback' and what did they 'pushback' on?
    Did you fail to read the paragraphs before that where it was made clear that the pushback was coming from Boston Pride members? Your original assertion was that "BLM threw a hissy and a pride organization bowed down and disbanded". That was utter bullshirt. Why not just admit it and move on?

That's all answered in the articles. Please stop sealioning.
    I have no idea what 'sealioning' is but it sounds awesome. I will never stop sealioning! Viva Sealioning!!!

They pushed back because because they didn't give the proper respect that BLM thought they were due. Some members pushed back as BLM supporters. BLM supported and BPride disbanded. So yes, they disbanded because of BLM. It was about money, as with most things BLM.

I will also be curious to see how many BLM members will now run the Boston Pride group when it is formed again maybe even a nice donation as atonement....I would suspect BLM actually made a pretty good pay day over all this.

I have no idea what 'sealioning' is but it sounds awesome. I will never stop sealioning! Viva Sealioning!!!

They pushed back because because they didn't give the proper respect that BLM thought they were due. Some members pushed back as BLM supporters. BLM supported and BPride disbanded. So yes, they disbanded because of BLM. It was about money, as with most things BLM.

I will also be curious to see how many BLM members will now run the Boston Pride group when it is formed again maybe even a nice donation as atonement....I would suspect BLM actually made a pretty good pay day over all this.

You said, "BLM threw a hissy fit." That is demonstrably wrong by every possible reasonable interpretation of the facts presented.

You're really out of your depth here and don't really understand what you're talking about. You're also making a ton of assumptions not based in fact.

This has long been a topic of conversation in LGBTQ+ circles, predating the protest of last year. It's not just in Boston, but all over the country.

PRIDE, started with riots in Stonewall, NY by trans people of color. But over time, Pride organizationa, as they formed, tended to focus more on white, cis-gendered men (as most things in the US tend to focus on) and underrepresented gay and trans people of color. So this isn't anything new within the gay community or anything to do with BLM really. The protest last year just made the underreprestation of POC at PRIDE more glaring and has moved many PRIDE organizations to address the long standing issue.

Last edited:
    I guess that means we can start calling men in red hats by female pronouns and when they get pissed about it claim the first amendment.
    If the color red triggers you, I don't see why not. Have fun with that.

What exactly did you win with this ruling? Do you work in nursing homes in California to where this ruling affects you personally?

Consider it a small win for reality and science, not sure why you would be opposed to this?
    Compelled speech is not constitutional. The USA does a great job regarding free speech.
    For now at least. 🤞🤞🤞

Consider it a small win for reality and science, not sure why you would be opposed to this?

Lol, I wouldn't even know about this case if wasn't for you posting about. Nothing I indicated in the my response indicates I'm opposed. Without getting into it more than reading the article (because honestly that's my level of interest), it's silly to classify this as a win for reality and science. It's more so a win for dickheads and constitutionally protected free speech, if you must. Probably the correct decision, but my honest opinion is the case wouldn't be necessary of people just respected other peoples lives and afforded them dignity. But I guess that's to much to ask from many.

Maybe a lesson for the Ancient One in Dr. Strange is appropriate here, "It's not about you!"

Lol, I wouldn't even know about this case if wasn't for you posting about. Nothing I indicated in the my response indicates I'm opposed. Without getting into it more than reading the article (because honestly that's my level of interest), it's silly to classify this as a win for reality and science. It's more so a win for dickheads and constitutionally protected free speech, if you must. Probably the correct decision, but my honest opinion is the case wouldn't be necessary of people just respected other peoples lives and afforded them dignity. But I guess that's to much to ask from many.

Maybe a lesson for the Ancient One in Dr. Strange is appropriate here, "It's not about you!"
    I demand you call me your royal highness. I believe I have royal blood.

Your subjects can call you that. I am not one of your subjects.

But way to show dignity to those elderly trans people in Cali by comparing their life to a silly, nonsensical demand. You made a great point! :rolleyes:
    I am happy to use whatever pronouns LGBTQIA+ wants. I do that voluntarily.

I would protest if the state forced me do that.

Lastly, I would not want to be shamed if I made an error with the pronouns

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom