All Things LGBTQ+ (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    Didn't really see a place for this so I thought I would start a thread about all things LGBTQ since this is a pretty hot topic in our culture right now

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/17/sup...y-that-refuses-to-work-with-lgbt-couples.html

• The Supreme Court on Thursday delivered a unanimous defeat to LGBT couples in a high-profile case over whether Philadelphia could refuse to contract with a Roman Catholic adoption agency that says its religious beliefs prevent it from working with same-sex foster parents.
    • Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in an opinion for a majority of the court that Philadelphia violated the First Amendment by refusing to contract with Catholic Social Services once it learned that the organization would not certify same-sex couples for adoption.

I will admit, I was hopeful for this decision by the SCOTUS but I was surprised by the unanimous decision.

While I don't think there is anything wrong, per se, with same sex couples adopting and raising children (I actually think it is a good thing as it not an abortion) but I also did not want to see the state force a religious institution to bend to a societal norm.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...x?shareToken=39e5a443224b3e22017d5cf811e0ba99

Female prisoners in Scottish jails have told how transgender inmates serving sentences alongside them switched back to their male birth gender after being released.

The disclosure — in a study published in the British Journal of Criminology — has raised fresh concerns about self-identification of gender posing a risk to women’s safety as first minister Nicola Sturgeon prepares to press ahead with gender recognition legislation this year.

In England and Wales there have been a small number of incidents of violence and sexual violence involving female prisoners being attacked by trans prisoners.

I doubt this is caught anyone by surprise since we have had sexual assaults in our school systems because of the same nonsense.

I guess some people will lie about 'living their truth'?

Why do you post every article that you can find about people maybe faking being trans? Why does it occupy so much of your head space?

Surely, with all the problems in the world and here in the US, you can't believe that this some huge issues. The percentage of people that identify as trans in the US is like 0.6% of the population.

Also, what's the end result you would like to see in regards to trans people? For them to be forced to live and dress as the sex that corresponds with their genitals at birth? I mean, aside from not being allowed the use the bathroom/locker room they choose and not competing in women's sports (I assume you don't care if they compete in men's sports, or do you?), like what else do you think the government and society should force on them or not allow them to do?

I admit, maybe I am confused and you can help. What does this quote from the linked article mean?:

The disclosure — in a study published in the British Journal of Criminology — has raised fresh concerns about self-identification of gender posing a risk to women’s safety as first minister Nicola Sturgeon prepares to press ahead with gender recognition legislation this year.

You are taking things out of context and arriving at inaccurate conclusions.

If you read critically the article in it's entirety you will see that, there was some reports (people said) "transgender inmates serving sentences alongside them switched back to their male birth gender after being released."

so then Dr Matthew Maycock of Dundee University’s school of education and social work performed a study.

His study "turned up no such disturbing behaviour in Scotland, with only some discomfort about very limited consensual sexual activity."

His study was then published in the British Journal of Criminology.

Then for his article, the author asked a Scottish prison official who collaborated the studies findings and said

“There have been incidents, but very minor. No one can say for certain that nothing significant has happened, but if it has none has been reported.”

There was no study that proved anything. There was one study. It did not find any evidence of what you are stating it did.

Again this demonstrates that you do not have the ability to critically analyze information due to a heavy bias you keep injecting into what you read.

You are taking things out of context and arriving at inaccurate conclusions.

If you read critically the article in it's entirety you will see that, there was some reports (people said) "transgender inmates serving sentences alongside them switched back to their male birth gender after being released."

so then Dr Matthew Maycock of Dundee University’s school of education and social work performed a study.

His study "turned up no such disturbing behaviour in Scotland, with only some discomfort about very limited consensual sexual activity."

His study was then published in the British Journal of Criminology.

Then for his article, the author asked a Scottish prison official who collaborated the studies findings and said

“There have been incidents, but very minor. No one can say for certain that nothing significant has happened, but if it has none has been reported.”

There was no study that proved anything. There was one study. It did not find any evidence of what you are stating it did.

Again this demonstrates that you do not have the ability to critically analyze information due to a heavy bias you keep injecting into what you read.
    Man, I must really be dumb. Thanks for trying but I just wrap my feeble brain around the words, has nothing to do with your skills at explaining, I am in awe as usual by your intellect.

I guess sentence: "in a study published in the British Journal of Criminology — has raised fresh concerns"

Why would a study that proved there is no reason for concern 'raise fresh concerns'?

Why do you post every article that you can find about people maybe faking being trans? Why does it occupy so much of your head space?

Surely, with all the problems in the world and here in the US, you can't believe that this some huge issues. The percentage of people that identify as trans in the US is like 0.6% of the population.

Also, what's the end result you would like to see in regards to trans people? For them to be forced to live and dress as the sex that corresponds with their genitals at birth? I mean, aside from not being allowed the use the bathroom/locker room they choose and not competing in women's sports (I assume you don't care if they compete in men's sports, or do you?), like what else do you think the government and society should force on them or not allow them to do?
    Fair questions.

This is what this thread is about. That is why I post article about the subject here. I guess I can start posting recipes I find interesting, but that would side track the thread I think.

I think this is part of the problem with the world. The complete lack of reality and we are all just suppose to nod and agree. Men are women, dogs sleeping with cats.. you get the idea.

I could care less what they do. I think they need mental help to be 100% honest and that is not a position that was controversial just a few years ago, now it is a sign of bigotry (that tells me something). I just refuse to act like it is normal and our society has to be turned upside down because Bob feels like a girl. Good for Bob. Just don't ask me to let my daughter change in the same room as Bob or cheer Bob on when he is breaking female sports records.

I am all about live and let live but don't expect or try and force me to believe the unbelievable or celebrate a mental disorder as 'brave'.

Man, I must really be dumb. Thanks for trying but I just wrap my feeble brain around the words, has nothing to do with your skills at explaining, I am in awe as usual by your intellect.

I guess sentence: "in a study published in the British Journal of Criminology — has raised fresh concerns"

Why would a study that proved there is no reason for concern 'raise fresh concerns'?
    Man, if only they had covered that in the rest of the article.

I mean it's almost like journalists are using teasers to draw people in to read the whole article.

I'm impressed you read more than the headline, that's a good start.

But you probably only read the headline before posting the article, unless you have a reading comprehension issue.

I am going to give you a heads up. Lots of journalists nowadays give you clickbait titles, or shock titles, or contrary lead in sentences to their publication in order to draw in readers.

You need to critically read the entire article before you assume you know what the article says.

Fair questions.

This is what this thread is about. That is why I post article about the subject here. I guess I can start posting recipes I find interesting, but that would side track the thread I think.

I think this is part of the problem with the world. The complete lack of reality and we are all just suppose to nod and agree. Men are women, dogs sleeping with cats.. you get the idea.

I could care less what they do. I think they need mental help to be 100% honest and that is not a position that was controversial just a few years ago, now it is a sign of bigotry (that tells me something). I just refuse to act like it is normal and our society has to be turned upside down because Bob feels like a girl. Good for Bob. Just don't ask me to let my daughter change in the same room as Bob.

I am all about live and let live but don't expect or try and force me to believe the unbelievable or celebrate a mental disorder as 'brave'.
    Its's not a "mental disorder" I posted a heavily scientific post explaining the science of gender not matching their sexuality and how it can be explained with chromosomes.

The fact that you ignored that SCIENCE and post hateful shirt like calling it a "mental disorder" shows you are being obtuse and are a purposeful hateful bigot.

Man, if only they had covered that in the rest of the article.

I mean it's almost like journalists are using teasers to draw people in to read the whole article.

I'm impressed you read more than the headline, that's a good start.

But you probably only read the headline before posting the article, unless you have a reading comprehension issue.

I am going to give you a heads up. Lots of journalists nowadays give you clickbait titles, or shock titles, or contrary lead in sentences to their publication in order to draw in readers.

You need to critically read the entire article before you assume you know what the article says.
    So that is the explaination? Simple as that? No way a criminal would claim to be a female to be housed with females?

Man, I feel silly.

I am college educated in Cellular and Molecular Biology (Bachelor's of Science) and I can assure you "gender theory" is absolutely scientific and everyone trying to insist there is just two genders doesn't understand science.

I'll borrow from this link

Below are excepts:

We are really just scratching the surface too, I could go into nondisjunction during meiosis and how someone could have too much x or y or too little x or y because some of the genes got stuck at the chiasmata during crossing over, but this is a good high level understanding of how genders are actually a spectrum.
    Here is the post.

If you refer to it as a mental disorder again despite the science that disproves your HATEFUL RHETORIC I will lobby to have you banned for hate speech.

Its's not a "mental disorder" I posted a heavily scientific post explaining the science of gender not mating their sexuality and how it can be explained with chromosomes.

The fact that you ignored that SCIENCE and post hateful shirt like calling it a "mental disorder" shows you are being obtuse and are a purposeful hateful bigot.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/gender-dysphoria/symptoms-causes/syc-20475255
    Gender dysphoria is a diagnosis listed in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5), a manual published by the American Psychiatric Association to diagnose mental conditions. This term is intended to be more descriptive than the one that was previously used, gender identity disorder. The term gender dysphoria focuses on one's discomfort as the problem, rather than identity. A diagnosis for gender dysphoria was created to help people get access to necessary health care and effective treatment.

I might have misread that too. Can you help me understand why the DSM-5 lists it as mental disorder?

I know, they must not be as highly educated as you. Again, I stand in awe professor.

Make no mistake forking butt crevasses like you are why trans people commit suicide at the highest rate in the world

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/gender-dysphoria/symptoms-causes/syc-20475255
    Gender dysphoria is a diagnosis listed in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5), a manual published by the American Psychiatric Association to diagnose mental conditions. This term is intended to be more descriptive than the one that was previously used, gender identity disorder. The term gender dysphoria focuses on one's discomfort as the problem, rather than identity. A diagnosis for gender dysphoria was created to help people get access to necessary health care and effective treatment.

I might have misread that too. Can you help me understand why the DSM-5 lists it as mental disorder?

I know, they must not be as highly educated as you. Again, I stand in awe professor.
    If you care (and I dont think you do)

This explains why this being in the DSM doesn't mean what you think it does:

Here is the post.

If you refer to it as a mental disorder again despite the science that disproves your HATEFUL RHETORIC I will lobby to have you banned for hate speech.
    Really? Even though I post the DSM-5?
    Other opinions bother you that much?
    Can I ask you a personal question, since my education level was questioned?

Are you trans or know someone that is trans?

I know quite a few trans people, I'm cis-genders hetro white male.

I taught high school about half a decade. I lost more than one students and former students to suicide who were trans and would rather be dead than deal with hateful arse people like you, who you would never "call brave" despite the ridiculous torment they are put through by friends and family members.

It's not your lack of understand that upsets me, its your complete lack any any forking empathy.

Not all trans people suffer from gender dysphoria. GD is a mental disorder. Being trans is not. What you are saying is the same as insisting that, because all thumbs are fingers, all fingers must be thumbs.

You cut off the first part of the sentence:

"The disclosure — in a study published in the British Journal of Criminology — has raised fresh concerns about self-identification of gender posing a risk to women’s safety as first minister Nicola Sturgeon prepares to press ahead with gender recognition legislation this year."

The study did not raise concerns. The disclosure did. The disclosure in question is this:

"Female prisoners in Scottish jails have told how transgender inmates serving sentences alongside them switched back to their male birth gender after being released."

The inmates made the disclosure, Dr. Matthew Maycock of Dundee University conducted a study based on the disclosure, and the study "turned up no such disturbing behaviour in Scotland."

We’ve already been through the “trans is not gender dysphoria” discussion here. And you were a part of the conversation, so stop acting like this is some new evidence you brought to the table.

You cut off the first part of the sentence:

"The disclosure — in a study published in the British Journal of Criminology — has raised fresh concerns about self-identification of gender posing a risk to women’s safety as first minister Nicola Sturgeon prepares to press ahead with gender recognition legislation this year."

The study did not raise concerns. The disclosure did. The disclosure in question is this:

"Female prisoners in Scottish jails have told how transgender inmates serving sentences alongside them switched back to their male birth gender after being released."

The inmates made the disclosure, Dr. Matthew Maycock of Dundee University conducted a study based on the disclosure, and the study "turned up no such disturbing behaviour in Scotland."
    You know, that makes sense to me now. I don't think the female inmates were lying just because they were inmates though, but I think I understand now. It might take me a day or two but I will get there. Thanks, honestly.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...s-team-rules-compares-self-to-jackie-robinson

n the second part of an exclusive interview with a female swimmer on the University of Pennsylvania’s swimming team, one of the swimmers describes the toxic environment that surrounds the women this year.

Accusations of entitlement, selfishness, and a general disregard for overall performance have plagued the team since Lia Thomas, a biological male, started swimming on their team.

The crux of the swimmers’ complaints is the biological advantage that Lia has over female teammates. The swimmers were promised competition between females, not men who want to be female. Yet, there’s also the matter of an apparently inflated ego.

“She compares herself to Jackie Robinson,” the female swimmer told me. “She said she is like the Jackie Robinson of trans sports.”

Who cares, amarite? Why does this person's feelings and experience count more than the females on the team?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom