All Things LGBTQ+ (7 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    Didn't really see a place for this so I thought I would start a thread about all things LGBTQ since this is a pretty hot topic in our culture right now

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/17/sup...y-that-refuses-to-work-with-lgbt-couples.html

• The Supreme Court on Thursday delivered a unanimous defeat to LGBT couples in a high-profile case over whether Philadelphia could refuse to contract with a Roman Catholic adoption agency that says its religious beliefs prevent it from working with same-sex foster parents.
    • Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in an opinion for a majority of the court that Philadelphia violated the First Amendment by refusing to contract with Catholic Social Services once it learned that the organization would not certify same-sex couples for adoption.

I will admit, I was hopeful for this decision by the SCOTUS but I was surprised by the unanimous decision.

While I don't think there is anything wrong, per se, with same sex couples adopting and raising children (I actually think it is a good thing as it not an abortion) but I also did not want to see the state force a religious institution to bend to a societal norm.

i guess i can't understand how people feel attacked by this. other than using the word woke, they can't actually explain why they are so mad.
    I guess its just a way to show your hate for a group of people without saying it outloud, but it seems like they don't undertand that they are actually saying it out loud..
    Boycotting Chic Fil a is dumb and an ataack on free speech. Boycotting Bud is just standing up to wokeness.. And why would anyone want to be associated with Ted Nugent to begin with. god, what a loser tha guy is. Kid rock is a king compared to where Ted falls on the charts...

FWIW
    ====

Bud Light sales have plunged and its distributors in the Midwest, the South, and rural areas are 'spooked' by backlash after the company partnered with trans TikToker Dylan Mulvaney.

Distributors for Anheuser-Busch products, the company that owns Bud Light, have reported dwindling sales over the weekend, according to trade publication Beer Business Daily.

It comes as a video of a man claiming to be a merchandiser for an A-B affiliate went viral on Twitter as he lamented poor sales and the impact on his livelihood.

'I've never seen such little sales as in the past few days,' he said. 'When people don't buy this beer I don't make money and I can't feed my family.'

The controversy arose when Mulvaney, 26, shared a new promotional on Instagram, including a Bud Light can with her face printed on it. Objections emerged from conservatives, as well as musician Kid Rock, who shot cases of Bud Light in protest.

Beer Business Daily wrote in its report that it sought to unpack the backlash by considering things purely form 'a marketing and sales perspective' and 'ignoring the politics and social issues.'

'By Thursday afternoon, we had reached out to a handful of A-B distributors who were spooked, most particularly in the Heartland and the South, and even then in their more rural areas,' it published on Monday...............

I don’t believe this. No data that I saw, very flimsy reporting.

I'm still really trying to figure out what the outrage is with Bud.. I mean I think a lot outrage is manufactured, but in this case, it seems really weird. They worked with a transgender influencer - what is the stated reason for outrage? That they don't want transgender people to exist is what I think the real reason is - but what are they saying is the problem? Is it "woke" to acknowledge that different people exist and that companies want to sell to different kinds of people?

I love how with every new turn in the world of right wing outrage, there’s a new grift to take their money.

AA19P3hk.img

I'm still really trying to figure out what the outrage is with Bud.. I mean I think a lot outrage is manufactured, but in this case, it seems really weird. They worked with a transgender influencer - what is the stated reason for outrage? That they don't want transgender people to exist is what I think the real reason is - but what are they saying is the problem? Is it "woke" to acknowledge that different people exist and that companies want to sell to different kinds of people?
    Everyone i know that has a problem with it seems to think those Beer Cans will be sold in stores as their regular can. When i tell them thats not the case, they crawfish a little, but they still say stuff , but they just did that for attention and blah blah blah Woke..... the simple minds..lol

Everyone i know that has a problem with it seems to think those Beer Cans will be sold in stores as their regular can. When i tell them thats not the case, they crawfish a little, but they still say stuff , but they just did that for attention and blah blah blah Woke..... the simple minds..lol

Yeah, I'd like to ask them even it it was sold in stores (which it never was for) -- what is bad about a company trying to sell it's product to a particular demographic? Unless they think that demographic is itself evil/bad... which is ultimately what they really believe.

Yes, you got it.

They view any sort of corporate acknowledgment or inclusion as embracing woke and forcing it on their customers. They view it all as binary - you're either on board with woke and thus a part of the forces of their subjugation, or you're part of the resistance . . . and no one on the resistance would ever hire a trans influencer to be in an ad campaign.

Again, it's a particularly acute combination of insecurity, hate, and stupidity to see the world that way, yet it's the world they think they live in.

Yeah, I'd like to ask them even it it was sold in stores (which it never was for) -- what is bad about a company trying to sell it's product to a particular demographic? Unless they think that demographic is itself evil/bad... which is ultimately what they really believe.

Isn't it obvious? If you drink the same brand of beer as transgendered people then it means you must like transgendered people, and maybe you are secretly trans yourself and are living a lie. Remember that time a bee landed on your shirt and you screamed like a girl? That was hint #1. It goes 1. Bee Scream, 2. Drink Bud Light, 3. wear a dress

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom