All Things LGBTQ+ (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    Didn't really see a place for this so I thought I would start a thread about all things LGBTQ since this is a pretty hot topic in our culture right now

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/17/sup...y-that-refuses-to-work-with-lgbt-couples.html

• The Supreme Court on Thursday delivered a unanimous defeat to LGBT couples in a high-profile case over whether Philadelphia could refuse to contract with a Roman Catholic adoption agency that says its religious beliefs prevent it from working with same-sex foster parents.
    • Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in an opinion for a majority of the court that Philadelphia violated the First Amendment by refusing to contract with Catholic Social Services once it learned that the organization would not certify same-sex couples for adoption.

I will admit, I was hopeful for this decision by the SCOTUS but I was surprised by the unanimous decision.

While I don't think there is anything wrong, per se, with same sex couples adopting and raising children (I actually think it is a good thing as it not an abortion) but I also did not want to see the state force a religious institution to bend to a societal norm.

The cracked nut didn't fall far from the tree.

Conservative Republican? No, he’s a flocking idiot who had no idea what his son was and doesn’t give a damn about what his son did thus he is is disgusting.

Screenshot_20221124-215703.png

All of your fervent advocacy for the anti-tans movement has turned me from somebody who was uninformed and ambivalent about gender affirming care to somebody who supports it. Funny how that works.

The document actually says on a "case-by-case" basis, but facts be dammed by Fox News.

1669154674587.png
    See, discussions are good. I was on the side of 'live and let live' but since these discussion I have also looked into it and I am firmly on the other side that 'gender' care is horrible.

In your studies, can you explain why most of Europe is back tracking on all forms of gender therapy of minors? What about long term studies. Have your read any results on long term studies on minors?

When crazy person after crazy person keep interpreting the words to mean violence, absolutely.

If it keeps happening, Yes. But it's not just one person, it's the whole right wing.
    So people must take into account how every person, even those that are crazy will interpret their words? I don't think you would like that.

Only the right wing? I hope you were not discussing the gay drag queen show shooting in Colorado recently, are you?

I was going to say the same thing, but also draw attention to where it specifically says that surgery is generally reserved for adults.
    Generally implies that it is not always the case. That would imply that the minors are life altering surgeries. I was told this was not happening at all.

See, discussions are good. I was on the side of 'live and let live' but since these discussion I have also looked into it and I am firmly on the other side that 'gender' care is horrible.

In your studies, can you explain why most of Europe is back tracking on all forms of gender therapy of minors? What about long term studies. Have your read any results on long term studies on minors?
    Link please.

As a matter of fact some studies have been posted in this very thread. Also-you continue to misrepresent your points. Most of Europe isn’t back-tracking on “all forms” of gender therapy for minors from what I am seeing.

From what I have read, and I’m no expert but I do try to read and understand, there is a current pause on some types of therapy - namely puberty blockers - in a couple of countries. This is in at least one case due to political considerations rather than medical ones. In another case it’s due to some observed side effects that they need to get a handle on. Other European countries think they know enough to deal with these side effects with a little more testing during the therapy.

You feel an ease in asserting your own beliefs and opinions on other people and over the medical opinions of actual doctors that is somewhat startling. Try to be humble and not think you know everything.

Generally implies that it is not always the case. That would imply that the minors are life altering surgeries. I was told this was not happening at all.
    You really are clinging to this aren’t you? At least I can learn and change my views as information emerges. And I don’t spend my time reading hateful propaganda to form my opinions. Hope you have a great holiday.

Can you show where you were told that?

You obviously know what is best for everybody as you seem very comfortable with dictating what other are and aren't able to do. Congrats, you're authoritarian.

My studies? I have no such thing on this topic (or any other for that reason). All I have is my opinions based on things I've read. In any case, discussing specifics of gender care treatment is an endless rabbit hole with you. You don't know what's best for these kids, you just have your opinions. I don't know what's best for these kids, all I have is my opinions. I'll continue to listen to the recommendation and studies of phycologist, doctors and people that are trans and have had to live this reality. You will continue to follow the opinions of religious groups and Republicans.

Last edited:
    I asked you to provide a link to the long term studies.

You can't find any can you?
    Farb it seems to me like you're taking the approach that because it's about minors a bit below the age of 18 that you have a right to stick your fat nose into it.

That your fat nose ought to take precedent over the kid and their parents feelings.

Now I know for a fact that if this were a matter of religious brain washing of a minor that you would not be taking this approach.

Maybe you should revaluate and reconsider, DO ONTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE OTHERS DO ONTO YOU!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom