All Things LGBTQ+ (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    Didn't really see a place for this so I thought I would start a thread about all things LGBTQ since this is a pretty hot topic in our culture right now

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/17/sup...y-that-refuses-to-work-with-lgbt-couples.html

• The Supreme Court on Thursday delivered a unanimous defeat to LGBT couples in a high-profile case over whether Philadelphia could refuse to contract with a Roman Catholic adoption agency that says its religious beliefs prevent it from working with same-sex foster parents.
    • Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in an opinion for a majority of the court that Philadelphia violated the First Amendment by refusing to contract with Catholic Social Services once it learned that the organization would not certify same-sex couples for adoption.

I will admit, I was hopeful for this decision by the SCOTUS but I was surprised by the unanimous decision.

While I don't think there is anything wrong, per se, with same sex couples adopting and raising children (I actually think it is a good thing as it not an abortion) but I also did not want to see the state force a religious institution to bend to a societal norm.

Whoever makes the cakes at your local grocery store is not an artist (even calling them a baker is a stretch, same way I probably wouldn't call the cook at a greasy spoon diner a chef)

But I've seen plenty of cakes where would call the cakes art and the baker an artist

Where is the line?

This is exactly why 'is it art' shouldn't even enter the equation. The only thing we should have to define is whether or not the business is a public service. If you are, you don't get to discriminate based on protected classes. Simple.

This is exactly why 'is it art' shouldn't even enter the equation. The only thing we should have to define is whether or not the business is a public service. If you are, you don't get to discriminate based on protected classes. Simple.
    I like this. An actual artist can decide if they want to do commissioned works of art or not, and they are free to take whatever commission (or not) as they see fit.

These are services being offered to the public via a storefront. Not artists. It does take talent to do great cake decorating - but if you are offering a service to the general public, then you need to offer to all.

Farb it seems to me like you're taking the approach that because it's about minors a bit below the age of 18 that you have a right to stick your fat nose into it.

That your fat nose ought to take precedent over the kid and their parents feelings.

Now I know for a fact that if this were a matter of religious brain washing of a minor that you would not be taking this approach.

Maybe you should revaluate and reconsider, DO ONTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE OTHERS DO ONTO YOU!
    Thanks but no, I won't take your advice.

Can you show me how you compared 'religious brainwashing' to be the same as irreversible and experimental medical procedures and drugs? I am truly curious about that leap of logic?

I think it is the duty of every person to push back against big pharma just like I am sure you stuck your nose in the debate about making big tobaccos responsible for the targeting of minor with cigarettes', correct?

It really is crazy if you think about it. Just a few years ago, the left was anti government/anti corporation and now the roles are completely reversed. The left is squarely pro-big government and pro-big corporations.

Thanks but no, I won't take your advice.

Can you show me how you compared 'religious brainwashing' to be the same as irreversible and experimental medical procedures and drugs? I am truly curious about that leap of logic?

I think it is the duty of every person to push back against big pharma just like I am sure you stuck your nose in the debate about making big tobaccos responsible for the targeting of minor with cigarettes', correct?

It really is crazy if you think about it. Just a few years ago, the left was anti government/anti corporation and now the roles are completely reversed. The left is squarely pro-big government and pro-big corporations.irreversible and experimental medical procedures

"Irreversible and experimental medical procedures," with drugs, is good way to describe religious brain washing Farb.

The really crazy part you are talking about at the end is really crazy. I haven't changed in the last few years.

Other than my hair growing a bit more grey.

Whoever makes the cakes at your local grocery store is not an artist (even calling them a baker is a stretch, same way I probably wouldn't call the cook at a greasy spoon diner a chef)

But I've seen plenty of cakes where would call the cakes art and the baker an artist

Where is the line?
    The line is that if someone doesn't want to make a food idem for you, you do not want it be buying and eating it. If one makes a cook make that food idem for them that they do not want to make, then it's likely that the cook will spit in the dish at best.

And there are far worse things a baker might put in a cake he doesn't want to bake than spit.

So I think this issue is counterproductive. I don't care at all what a "Christian" baker does.

I care what Jewish bakers do.

"Irreversible and experimental medical procedures," with drugs, is good way to describe religious brain washing Farb.

The really crazy part you are talking about at the end is really crazy. I haven't changed in the last few years.

Other than my hair growing a bit more grey.
    Lol. He said no to Jesus, or what the bible claims he said. Pretty unchristian.

A Texas man has been charged with threatening a Boston doctor for providing medical care to transgender patients and gender-nonconforming children.

On Friday, the US attorney’s office in Massachusetts said Matthew Jordan Lindner, 38 and from Comfort, Texas, was arrested and charged with one count of transmitting interstate threats.

Lindner is alleged to have harassed and threatened to kill a doctor at the Fenway Institute, an interdisciplinary center that focuses on the health of sexual and gender minorities, the statement said.

According to charging documents, Lindner called the Boston-based National LGBTQIA+ Health Education Center on 31 August this year and left a threatening voicemail that targeted an affiliated doctor who is also part of Fenway Institute.

“‘You sick mother————, you’re all gonna burn,” the voicemail said. “There’s a group of people on their way to handle” the doctor in question, who was said to have “signed your own warrant” by “castrating our children. You’ve woken up enough people. And upset enough of us. And you signed your own ticket.”

The voicemail also told the doctor to “sleep well” and called them an obscene name.

A day before the alleged threats, Boston Children’s hospital received a bomb threat via a threatening phone call, according to authorities.

In the weeks leading up to the bomb threat, the hospital was the target of anti-LGBTQ+ far-right harassment, including debunked claims about its treatment of transgender youth and graphic language posted online by extremist campaigns that claim that the hospital offered complex gender affirmation surgery to minors…….

A Texas man has been charged with threatening a Boston doctor for providing medical care to transgender patients and gender-nonconforming children.

On Friday, the US attorney’s office in Massachusetts said Matthew Jordan Lindner, 38 and from Comfort, Texas, was arrested and charged with one count of transmitting interstate threats.

Lindner is alleged to have harassed and threatened to kill a doctor at the Fenway Institute, an interdisciplinary center that focuses on the health of sexual and gender minorities, the statement said.

According to charging documents, Lindner called the Boston-based National LGBTQIA+ Health Education Center on 31 August this year and left a threatening voicemail that targeted an affiliated doctor who is also part of Fenway Institute.

“‘You sick mother————, you’re all gonna burn,” the voicemail said. “There’s a group of people on their way to handle” the doctor in question, who was said to have “signed your own warrant” by “castrating our children. You’ve woken up enough people. And upset enough of us. And you signed your own ticket.”

The voicemail also told the doctor to “sleep well” and called them an obscene name.

A day before the alleged threats, Boston Children’s hospital received a bomb threat via a threatening phone call, according to authorities.

In the weeks leading up to the bomb threat, the hospital was the target of anti-LGBTQ+ far-right harassment, including debunked claims about its treatment of transgender youth and graphic language posted online by extremist campaigns that claim that the hospital offered complex gender affirmation surgery to minors…….

@Farb, you going to be donating to this Peice of work legal defense fund?

Anybody want to bet whether “Libs of TikTok” was involved?

We should probably start a right-wing terrorism thread at this point.

Sigh….

'Don't Say Gay' Florida lawmaker indicted on fraud charges​

Don't say Gay,!!!
    I never said anything about wire fraud and money laundering...

Gotta have priorities..
    1670511002969.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom