All Things LGBTQ+ (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    Didn't really see a place for this so I thought I would start a thread about all things LGBTQ since this is a pretty hot topic in our culture right now

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/17/sup...y-that-refuses-to-work-with-lgbt-couples.html

• The Supreme Court on Thursday delivered a unanimous defeat to LGBT couples in a high-profile case over whether Philadelphia could refuse to contract with a Roman Catholic adoption agency that says its religious beliefs prevent it from working with same-sex foster parents.
    • Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in an opinion for a majority of the court that Philadelphia violated the First Amendment by refusing to contract with Catholic Social Services once it learned that the organization would not certify same-sex couples for adoption.

I will admit, I was hopeful for this decision by the SCOTUS but I was surprised by the unanimous decision.

While I don't think there is anything wrong, per se, with same sex couples adopting and raising children (I actually think it is a good thing as it not an abortion) but I also did not want to see the state force a religious institution to bend to a societal norm.

Mostly I am correct, though. You have no proof that anyone is “encouraging” kids to be trans. How hard would it have been for someone to force you to change your gender? I don’t think it’s possible.

Your one big “win” wasn’t really even a win. You never answered the point I brought up that minors having a breast reduction surgery doesn’t mean it was done for gender change reasons. Girls sometimes need a breast reduction for other reasons. You don’t have anything that says those surgeries were for gender change purposes. Or if you do you’ve never shown it. 🤷🏼‍♀️
    How many minors need a breast reduction for medical reasons? Again, using an outlier.
    How many of those that need breast reduction for medical reason would obtain that procedure through a gender clinic? None.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/09/us/vanderbilt-suspends-gender-affirming-surgery-minors/index.html
    "CNN —
    Vanderbilt University Medical Center’s transgender clinic in Nashville has paused gender affirming surgeries for patients under the age of 18, a top executive at the center told a Tennessee lawmaker Friday."

So, I think a valid question would be: If this is not happening why would the clinic where is not happening, pause all minor gender affirming surgeries for kids under 18?

Sure, minorities can be racist, what does that have to do with the price of cheese in Denmark?

Posted this in the racist thread

And here is a case:

HONOLULU (AP) — Lawyers representing two Native Hawaiian men don't dispute they brutally assaulted a white man who purchased a house in their remote village on the island of Maui.

They acknowledged the 2014 attack was wrong, but they said it wasn't a hate crime, as U.S. prosecutors allege.

Trial began Tuesday for Kaulana Alo-Kaonohi and Levi Aki Jr., who are charged with one federal count each of a hate crime.

Alo-Kaonohi punched and kicked Christopher Kunzelman and Aki hit him with a shovel when Kunzelman tried to fix up the house he purchased in Kahakuloa village, Assistant U.S. Attorney Chris Thomas told the jury.

Alo-Kaonohi dragged his finger down Kunzelman's face and said his skin was the wrong color, Thomas said............

===============================================

And we've talked about it on EE

If you bully a bully are you a bully?

If you've been harassed by the police and pulled over a dozen times for no reason (or worse) and come to say 'I hate cops' you think that's at least as big a problem as the cops?

What does it mean if you hate the people who hate you first?
    Are you sure you don't think white people started racism?

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-transyouth-data/

The Komodo analysis of insurance claims found 56 genital surgeries among patients ages 13 to 17 with a prior gender dysphoria diagnosis from 2019 to 2021. Among teens, “top surgery” to remove breasts is more common. In the three years ending in 2021, at least 776 mastectomies were performed in the United States on patients ages 13 to 17 with a gender dysphoria diagnosis, according to Komodo’s data analysis of insurance claims. This tally does not include procedures that were paid for out of pocket.

For those at home keeping score, insurance paid out for 776 top surgeries (not for medical but for gender dysphoria) that according to the left 'that did not happen'.

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-transyouth-data/

The Komodo analysis of insurance claims found 56 genital surgeries among patients ages 13 to 17 with a prior gender dysphoria diagnosis from 2019 to 2021. Among teens, “top surgery” to remove breasts is more common. In the three years ending in 2021, at least 776 mastectomies were performed in the United States on patients ages 13 to 17 with a gender dysphoria diagnosis, according to Komodo’s data analysis of insurance claims. This tally does not include procedures that were paid for out of pocket.

For those at home keeping score, insurance paid out for 776 top surgeries (not for medical but for gender dysphoria) that according to the left 'that did not happen'.

Can you prove that anyone here made that claim or is this just another thing you've chosen to lie about?

He is going to claim I said it, but I think he is purposefully confusing breast reduction surgery with complete gender reassignment surgery.

He is going to claim I said it, but I think he is purposefully confusing breast reduction surgery with complete gender reassignment surgery.
    Ok, so you now claim you never said that surgeries for dysphoria never happened. Ok, let go with that.

Do you think that chopping off breasts of minors that presented with a diagnosis of gender dysphoria (F64.0) should be made illegal?

Ok, so you now claim you never said that surgeries for dysphoria never happened. Ok, let go with that.

Do you think that chopping off breasts of minors that presented with a diagnosis of gender dysphoria (F64.0) should be made illegal?
    You need to quit referring to breast reduction surgery as “chopping off breasts”. It’s inaccurate and only meant to be inflammatory. It’s a propaganda technique.

My position is that doctors, parents and patients should make these decisions. There should be evaluations from a second set of doctors if needed. If any one of the involved parties has objections then it shouldn’t happen.

I believe this way because I’m not all about the government telling other people how to live. Nor do I want to tell other people how to live.

Seems whacked. But there's a lot of stuff in this world and country that is whacked. Do I think it's stupid? Yeah. Do I think it's a major issue? Nah. I dunno... you seem to think this is somehow part of the DNC platform or something.

This is exactly what the purposeful demonization of the LBGTQ community has wrought:

How long before another mass shooting at a synagogue?

Am reading (not confirmed, just a rumor at this point) that the shooter is the grandson of a CO Republican former office holder. One who is very caught up in the recent culture wars of the GOP. Not going to post who until confirmed.

Also saw a figure quoted online that during the midterms PACs aligned with the GOP spent $50M on ads attacking the LBGTQ community. This is the expected outcome. It is what they expect to happen. It’s what they want to happen, one could argue. Or they want to boost their election outcomes (and/or their viewership in the case of FOX hosts and other media types) and they simply don’t care that they are inciting the kind of hatred that results in mass shootings that are targeted toward these people.

It’s horrible behavior. The politicians and the pundits know what they are saying is false. They know that inciting this hatred is unjustified, and they do it anyway. It’s sick. It makes me sick.

You need to quit referring to breast reduction surgery as “chopping off breasts”. It’s inaccurate and only meant to be inflammatory. It’s a propaganda technique.

My position is that doctors, parents and patients should make these decisions. There should be evaluations from a second set of doctors if needed. If any one of the involved parties has objections then it shouldn’t happen.

I believe this way because I’m not all about the government telling other people how to live. Nor do I want to tell other people how to live.
    What would you call it if it not medically necessary? It is not medical, it is mental, that is the difference.

Your not for the government telling people how to live? Did you support a vaccine mandate? Did you believe that those that are unvaxed should be denied medical services at the hospitals if they contracted covid? Do you not believe the federal government should not enforce tax law? Do you believe a baker should not be made to bake a cake for a gay couple if they don't want to? I think you believe the government should tell people how to live, just as long as it fits your ideological beliefs.

Seems whacked. But there's a lot of stuff in this world and country that is whacked. Do I think it's stupid? Yeah. Do I think it's a major issue? Nah. I dunno... you seem to think this is somehow part of the DNC platform or something.
    It most definitely is

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bi...ender-agenda-youth-sex-change-hormone-therapy
    President Biden's administration has released a series of documents encouraging gender-reassignment surgery and hormone treatments for minors.

The Department of Health and Human Services' Office of Population Affairs released a document Thursday titled "Gender Affirming Care and Young People." The same day, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's National Child Traumatic Stress Network – another subset of the HHS – released a parallel document titled, "Gender-Affirming Care Is Trauma-Informed Care."

The HHS documents describe what it calls appropriate treatments for transgender adolescents, including: "'Top' surgery – to create male-typical chest shape or enhance breasts;" and "'Bottom' surgery – surgery on genitals or reproductive organs, facial feminization or other procedures."

Am reading (not confirmed, just a rumor at this point) that the shooter is the grandson of a CO Republican former office holder. One who is very caught up in the recent culture wars of the GOP. Not going to post who until confirmed.

Also saw a figure quoted online that during the midterms PACs aligned with the GOP spent $50M on ads attacking the LBGTQ community. This is the expected outcome. It is what they expect to happen. It’s what they want to happen, one could argue. Or they want to boost their election outcomes (and/or their viewership in the case of FOX hosts and other media types) and they simply don’t care that they are inciting the kind of hatred that results in mass shootings that are targeted toward these people.

It’s horrible behavior. The politicians and the pundits know what they are saying is false. They know that inciting this hatred is unjustified, and they do it anyway. It’s sick. It makes me sick.
    So we are back to the question, are words violence? Is someone responsible for how a crazy person interperates their words?

Do you think a person is responsible for how someone interprets and acts upon their words if those words don't call for actual violence? I do not. At all.

It most definitely is

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bi...ender-agenda-youth-sex-change-hormone-therapy
    President Biden's administration has released a series of documents encouraging gender-reassignment surgery and hormone treatments for minors.

The Department of Health and Human Services' Office of Population Affairs released a document Thursday titled "Gender Affirming Care and Young People." The same day, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's National Child Traumatic Stress Network – another subset of the HHS – released a parallel document titled, "Gender-Affirming Care Is Trauma-Informed Care."

The HHS documents describe what it calls appropriate treatments for transgender adolescents, including: "'Top' surgery – to create male-typical chest shape or enhance breasts;" and "'Bottom' surgery – surgery on genitals or reproductive organs, facial feminization or other procedures."

All of your fervent advocacy for the anti-tans movement has turned me from somebody who was uninformed and ambivalent about gender affirming care to somebody who supports it. Funny how that works.

The document actually says on a "case-by-case" basis, but facts be dammed by Fox News.

1669154674587.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom