All Things LGBTQ+ (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    Didn't really see a place for this so I thought I would start a thread about all things LGBTQ since this is a pretty hot topic in our culture right now

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/17/sup...y-that-refuses-to-work-with-lgbt-couples.html

• The Supreme Court on Thursday delivered a unanimous defeat to LGBT couples in a high-profile case over whether Philadelphia could refuse to contract with a Roman Catholic adoption agency that says its religious beliefs prevent it from working with same-sex foster parents.
    • Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in an opinion for a majority of the court that Philadelphia violated the First Amendment by refusing to contract with Catholic Social Services once it learned that the organization would not certify same-sex couples for adoption.

I will admit, I was hopeful for this decision by the SCOTUS but I was surprised by the unanimous decision.

While I don't think there is anything wrong, per se, with same sex couples adopting and raising children (I actually think it is a good thing as it not an abortion) but I also did not want to see the state force a religious institution to bend to a societal norm.

I still don't see an elementary school listed in your list.
    Keep looking. That took me 5 mins to find middle schools that have articles printed about what is in their library due the domestic terrorists showing up to school board meetings.
    Can you explain why you think those books belong in a 6th and 7th grade library?

Then we agree completely, so why are you defending it?
    Can you explain how this book is a hoax?
    Show me where I'm defending it? Seriously, I need to know if any of my post defended the presence of that book in school libraries because if I defended that, then maybe I'm the one that has been indoctrinated and not you.

No need for me to explain how I know the book is a hoax, its just right out of y'all's playbook!

Edit: Nvmd. I'll do it myself
    Likely found in someone's personal library and they thought it would be cool to share to foment outrage.

First off, I do not believe that book was found in public school library. Secondly, the people that brought attention to that "book" knew that it would create outrage because they know that there are clowns who would believe their story!

Finally, how many public school kids actually utilize public school libraries for reading these days? Kids that have an affinity for reading are doing so on their tablets and if they are looking for something nefarious, I'm certain they can find whatever they want on the internet.

Man, reading comprehension is not your strong suit! How did you get there from what I posted? Perhaps your indoctrination is so deep that you have been trained to hear or read whatever they want you to.

LET ME BE CLEAR! I DO NOT CONDONE "BOOKS" OF THAT NATURE BEING PROVIDED BY SCHOOL LIBRARIES AS THEY ARE CLEARLY INAPPROPRIATE!!!

Although, I know that the book we are talking about is hoax.

Do you need science to show that a child's mind is impressionable?
    If Fauci told you, would you feel better about believing a known human fact that our ancestors living in caves figured out without science?
    Can someone be 'impressed' into being gay? I guess if you're one of those people who believe in conversion therapy and that it's a mental condition. Personally I think its hard wiring so a person is either attracted to the opposite sex or the same sex. I don't recall being impressed into being straight when I was a child but I somehow turned out that way.

Show me where I'm defending it? Seriously, I need to know if any of my post defended the presence of that book in school libraries because if I defended that, then maybe I'm the one that has been indoctrinated and not you.

No need for me to explain how I know the book is a hoax, its just right out of y'all's playbook!

Edit: Nvmd. I'll do it myself
    Like I said, good, we are in agreement on this subject.

But you still deny that those books are/were in school libraries? That is what I was discussing when I asked why you were defending it.

I am curious on why or how the book is a hoax? Are you saying it doesn't exist or not in the libraries and the pushback is a hoax? Not a gotcha, I just didn't understand you statement. I also type fast so I can try reply to everyone so a lot of my statements come off as quick and snarky, so for that, I do apologize. I will try and be more careful when replying.

Can someone be 'impressed' into being gay? I guess if you're one of those people who believe in conversion therapy and that it's a mental condition. Personally I think its hard wiring so a person is either attracted to the opposite sex or the same sex. I don't recall being impressed into being straight when I was a child but I somehow turned out that way.
    Good question and I don't know. I am told gay people are born that way and I think that is right to a degree. If you can't be 'impressed' into 'being gay' then why is there a HUGE spike in trans kids and gay kids? Also of interest, why is that happening in particular areas of the country more than others? Why is there a crazy amount of celebrates with trans kids?
    Now, all of that might be coincidental, but I think there is something to it. Do you think mass contagion is a real thing or a theory?

Good question and I don't know. I am told gay people are born that way and I think that is right to a degree. If you can't be 'impressed' into 'being gay' then why is there a HUGE spike in trans kids and gay kids? Also of interest, why is that happening in particular areas of the country more than others? Why is there a crazy amount of celebrates with trans kids?
    Now, all of that might be coincidental, but I think there is something to it. Do you think mass contagion is a real thing or a theory?

Lol. My religion, family, society, community, friends, popular culture (80's & 90's), education, government, etc. all tried to "impress" upon me that being straight was the only legitimate existence and that I had to be straight. After years of trying to convince myself of that, I finally accepted that it was all bullshirt. You can't "impress" upon a person their sexuality. The reason their are so many trans kids coming out is because they finally have awareness and some acceptance and they don't have to reject or hide who they are. The same thing happened when gay people started to come out. It will eventually plateau. Even with the increases in teens identifying as trans, it's a very small percentage of teens overall. That's not going to change.

Do you think there are areas where people feel more free to be themselves, and that might have something to do with more people “coming out” in certain areas? Or even the increase in trans or gay kids might be due to the stigma being lifted in some areas?

I also don’t believe we are seeing a huge spike in gay kids, are we? I have read that the number of gay people is a fairly constant percentage, what differs is the sense of freedom required to admit it.

Trans kids - same deal. These people in previous times were most likely repressed. I remember kids when I grew up that we just called “tom boys” - girls who acted like boys. I would imagine if those girls were kids today a certain number of them would come out as trans.

I know those kids were treated pretty awful. It was worse for the boys who were obviously not masculine than for the girls, but each were ostracized in their own ways.

I totally blame a Resident Evil style outbreak of the infamous GROOMER virus! Or... it could be that there are a lot of variables one of which is that those areas might make it more hospitable to being gay (so that a person can 'out' themselves) versus say... Wyoming.

So you guys place no credence in social contagions theory? I guess that is forgotten science much like basic biology.

So you guys place no credence in social contagions theory? I guess that is forgotten science much like basic biology.
    No social contagions are real. I think the panic over trans people, CRT, etc. very much fit into that bucket. Much like the old satanic daycare panic of years ago, and the red scare of McCarthyism.

Lol. My religion, family, society, community, friends, popular culture (80's & 90's), education, government, etc. all tried to "impress" upon me that being straight was the only legitimate existence and that I had to be straight. After years of trying to convince myself of that, I finally accepted that it was all bullshirt. You can't "impress" upon a person their sexuality. The reason their are so many trans kids coming out is because they finally have awareness and some acceptance and they don't have to reject or hide who they are. The same thing happened when gay people started to come out. It will eventually plateau. Even with the increases in teens identifying as trans, it's a very small percentage of teens overall. That's not going to change.

He understands the concept. if not try this comparison:

Some people were always racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic etc. (more than we ever suspected)

But they knew that people with those views were shunned, they weren't accepted or tolerated in polite society and so most had a different public persona and kept their true selves hidden away (in a small enclosed personal and private space a 'closet' if you will)

Social media certainly opened that door, but Donald Trump blew the door off the hinges

Now those views are not only accepted, not only tolerated, but encouraged, celebrated and rewarded

No social contagions are real. I think the panic over trans people, CRT, etc. very much fit into that bucket. Much like the old satanic daycare panic of years ago, and the red scare of McCarthyism.
    I keep seeing this stated like this. Again, for me personally and most that I know, NO ONE cares if Barny next door wants to dress up and live his life and Belinda.
    What people do care about it encouraging kids, who are already confused, to transition and to keep that a secret from parents. The LGTBQ= group and the DNC intentionally blurs this and this will be shown in the elections today....and tomorrow and maybe the next day......

He understands the concept. if not try this comparison:

Some people were always racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic etc. (more than we ever suspected)

But they knew that people with those views were shunned, they weren't accepted or tolerated in polite society and so most had a different public persona and kept their true selves hidden away (in a small enclosed personal and private space a 'closet' if you will)

Social media certainly opened that door, but Donald Trump blew the door off the hinges

Now those views are not only accepted, not only tolerated, but encouraged, celebrated and rewarded
    Since I have never discussed this with you, do you think black people can be racist? So you see a problem with anti-white racism as you do with anti-black racism?

I keep seeing this stated like this. Again, for me personally and most that I know, NO ONE cares if Barny next door wants to dress up and live his life and Belinda.
    What people do care about it encouraging kids, who are already confused, to transition and to keep that a secret from parents. The LGTBQ= group and the DNC intentionally blurs this and this will be shown in the elections today....and tomorrow and maybe the next day......
    You say this is happening, but I doubt it is going on very much if at all. I know you will have some sort of outrage example but your sources are pretty sketchy. I don’t think anyone is “encouraging” kids to transition at all. I think they are trying to help. You think it’s a vast conspiracy. 🤷‍♀️

You say this is happening, but I doubt it is going on very much if at all. I know you will have some sort of outrage example but your sources are pretty sketchy. I don’t think anyone is “encouraging” kids to transition at all. I think they are trying to help. You think it’s a vast conspiracy. 🤷‍♀️
    They're encouraging them as much as they are encouraging them to be left-handed. So not, except perhaps to someone who is opposed to it and conflates the absence of the condemnation they want with encouraging.

MT15, if anything is an established law on this board is that your first response in regards to the left doing something is "that is not happening, that is a right right conspiracy theory'. It is a given, so please carry on.

MT15, if anything is an established law on this board is that your first response in regards to the left doing something is "that is not happening, that is a right right conspiracy theory'. It is a given, so please carry on.
    Mostly I am correct, though. You have no proof that anyone is “encouraging” kids to be trans. How hard would it have been for someone to force you to change your gender? I don’t think it’s possible.

Your one big “win” wasn’t really even a win. You never answered the point I brought up that minors having a breast reduction surgery doesn’t mean it was done for gender change reasons. Girls sometimes need a breast reduction for other reasons. You don’t have anything that says those surgeries were for gender change purposes. Or if you do you’ve never shown it. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Since I have never discussed this with you, do you think black people can be racist? So you see a problem with anti-white racism as you do with anti-black racism?

Sure, minorities can be racist, what does that have to do with the price of cheese in Denmark?

Posted this in the racist thread

And here is a case:

HONOLULU (AP) — Lawyers representing two Native Hawaiian men don't dispute they brutally assaulted a white man who purchased a house in their remote village on the island of Maui.

They acknowledged the 2014 attack was wrong, but they said it wasn't a hate crime, as U.S. prosecutors allege.

Trial began Tuesday for Kaulana Alo-Kaonohi and Levi Aki Jr., who are charged with one federal count each of a hate crime.

Alo-Kaonohi punched and kicked Christopher Kunzelman and Aki hit him with a shovel when Kunzelman tried to fix up the house he purchased in Kahakuloa village, Assistant U.S. Attorney Chris Thomas told the jury.

Alo-Kaonohi dragged his finger down Kunzelman's face and said his skin was the wrong color, Thomas said............

===============================================

And we've talked about it on EE

If you bully a bully are you a bully?

If you've been harassed by the police and pulled over a dozen times for no reason (or worse) and come to say 'I hate cops' you think that's at least as big a problem as the cops?

What does it mean if you hate the people who hate you first?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom