All Things LGBTQ+ (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    Didn't really see a place for this so I thought I would start a thread about all things LGBTQ since this is a pretty hot topic in our culture right now

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/17/sup...y-that-refuses-to-work-with-lgbt-couples.html

• The Supreme Court on Thursday delivered a unanimous defeat to LGBT couples in a high-profile case over whether Philadelphia could refuse to contract with a Roman Catholic adoption agency that says its religious beliefs prevent it from working with same-sex foster parents.
    • Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in an opinion for a majority of the court that Philadelphia violated the First Amendment by refusing to contract with Catholic Social Services once it learned that the organization would not certify same-sex couples for adoption.

I will admit, I was hopeful for this decision by the SCOTUS but I was surprised by the unanimous decision.

While I don't think there is anything wrong, per se, with same sex couples adopting and raising children (I actually think it is a good thing as it not an abortion) but I also did not want to see the state force a religious institution to bend to a societal norm.

some states actually have laws protecting the man if this happens (I forget what it’s called - it’s probably not the surprise ding dong law)

a few states are getting rid of it though
    This is the Trans Panic Defense. Many blue states are outlawing this as a reason to consider lesser charges. In the past this defense has been used to plead down from murder 1 or 2 to manslaughter. Hate crime laws and blue state bans are making this harder.

https://notthebee.com/article/the-san-fran-gay-choir-says-its-coming-to-convert-our-kids

Yes, this is from the notthebee. There are other articles with this video out there, if you can't handle it.

This is disturbing. I know they are singing about 'converting' as in becoming an 'ally' and not being converted to actually being gay, but doesn't this basically give merit to the far right's claims of the far left indoctrination of our kids? I mean this choir is openly saying it.

https://notthebee.com/article/the-san-fran-gay-choir-says-its-coming-to-convert-our-kids

Yes, this is from the notthebee. There are other articles with this video out there, if you can't handle it.

This is disturbing. I know they are singing about 'converting' as in becoming an 'ally' and not being converted to actually being gay, but doesn't this basically give merit to the far right's claims of the far left indoctrination of our kids? I mean this choir is openly saying it.

Who should be in charge of indoctrinating our kids?

"who is in charge of indoctrination our kids?" is the more correct question.
    Who is in charge of indoctrination of our kids then?

Indoctrination is fundamental to a functional civilization.

I see you're not very familiar with gay humor.

:smilielol:

My god, they're coming to teach children not to hate people. Those monsters...

So the consensus is that this was/is satire/gay humor or teaching kids to not hate? I am confused. It seems you guys are too.

So the consensus is that this was/is satire/gay humor or teaching kids to not hate? I am confused. It seems you guys are too.

I don't think it was necessarily satire but what's the issue with it specifically? I didn't really see anything there that I thought was very controversial or outrageous honestly..

I don't think it was necessarily satire but what's the issue with it specifically? I didn't really see anything there that I thought was very controversial or outrageous honestly..

This is clearly meant to be humorous, especially for us gays. There is a very rich tradition in gay culture of not only being subversive but of also of poking the right by "proving" all of their fears of gays (of things that we don't consider particularly dangerous) and laughing at the overreaction. I mean, Little Nas X is basically making a career of it right now. This falls well within that tradition.

First, there's the creepy "we're coming for your children" which is obviously a long time fear of conservatives. There's the Broadway musical like feel with the expressive facial features. There's the benign underlying meaning of it all given that these people don't give a damn about anybodies children and wouldn't actually do anything to "come for your children". Not to mention that the whole song is just about children today being more tolerant. They're really just describing what's going on naturally in today's culture. The whole song is just meant to invoke irrational fear of the "gay agenda on steroids" by the right.

That it's so effective at doing so just makes it funnier. I've watched this 3 times now and can't stop laughing.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom