2024 GOP Presidential Race (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Many of Trump's endorsed candidates did not do well on Nov. 8th.
    Gov. Ron DeSantis DID do well.
    He won convincingly.
    Yet in this OP's opinion, Donald Trump is an egomaniac who is seemingly incapable of putting "Party over Self"
    Trump has ZERO chance of being elected our next president.
    In my opinion, if Trump would just shut up and go away (fat chance of that)...but "if" Trump did that, Gov. Ron DeSantis would have a CHANCE to be a formidable candidate for President in 2024.
    Here is an interesting article on this topic...
    What do any of you think re. Trump vs DeSantis?

I think DeSantis is insulated in FL, we don't know how he will play on a National level.

Similar to how a House member of a gerrymandered district decides to run for Senator. The playing field is bigger, the lights are brighter, the game is different, the rules are different, the scrutiny is harder (If George Santos ran for Senator, or Gov, his lies would have been exposed and become front page news PDQ)

Also, Florida Dems ran a former republican governor as their candidate. Kinda see how that would dampen enthusiasm and lower turnout
    I think DeSantis is not that insulated in Florida. Florida has been purple for a while. DeSantis barely won his first election, and then faced another former Republican in his second election. I think DeSantis has a false sense of bravado. He is going to face a national backlash from some of his actions, like with the immigrants. He's governing pretty far right, but the country isn't far right. I think he still might beat a weakened Trump, and may be able to beat Biden, but if the Democrats run a good candidate, I think DeSantis would get beaten.

My god we’re gonna have to do this again aren’t we. fml

He's a serial lier. He should get George Anthony Devolder Santos to be his vice presidential nominee. It would be opposite world. The opposite of whatever they say will be the truth.

Interesting article about the polls...

The network of donors and activist groups led by conservative billionaire Charles Koch will oppose Donald Trump for the 2024 Republican nomination, mounting a direct challenge to the former president’s campaign to win back the White House.

“The best thing for the country would be to have a president in 2025 who represents a new chapter,” Emily Seidel, chief executive of the network’s flagship group, Americans for Prosperity (AFP), wrote in a memo released publicly on Sunday.

The three-page missive repeatedly suggests that AFP is taking on the responsibility of stopping Trump, with Seidel writing: “Lots of people are frustrated. But very few people are in a position to do something about it. AFP is. Now is the time to rise to the occasion.”

The move marks the most notable example to date of an overt and coordinated effort from within conservative circles to stop Trump from winning the GOP nomination for a third straight presidential election.

Some Republicans have grown increasingly frustrated with Trump after disappointing midterm elections in which he drew blame for elevating flawed candidates and polarizing ideas.

But absent a consolidated effort to stop Trump, many critics fear he will be able to exploit GOP divisions and chart a course to the nomination as he did in 2016.

While the memo didn’t name a spending target, AFP’s affiliated super PAC spent more than $69 million in the 2022 cycle, according to Federal Election Commission disclosures.

The Koch network now joins the Club for Growth, another of the largest outside spenders, and several of the party’s biggest individual donors such as finance billionaires Kenneth C. Griffin and Stephen A. Schwarzman in signaling their opposition to Trump’s current campaign. Others are holding back for now…….

This should be read if you are thinking of voting for Ron DeSantis. Or if you care about education in the US.

This should be read if you are thinking about voting for DeSantis, believe it or not, he inserted himself into a corrupt case involving county commissioners at The Villages. No corruption is too small, evidently.

This should be read if you are thinking about voting for DeSantis, believe it or not, he inserted himself into a corrupt case involving county commissioners at The Villages. No corruption is too small, evidently.

What a crock of shirt. They railroaded Miller and everyone involved in that prosecution should be forking ashamed.

And here...we...go...

What I see is that Trump is desperate for power. He will do anything and everything to achieve power.
    "Dignity" is not a word he is familiar with.
    So, no comment on DeSantis attending parties with HS students as a teacher? It’s pretty icky, IMO, and shows he thought that rules don‘t apply to him even then.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom