2024 GOP Presidential Race (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Many of Trump's endorsed candidates did not do well on Nov. 8th.
    Gov. Ron DeSantis DID do well.
    He won convincingly.
    Yet in this OP's opinion, Donald Trump is an egomaniac who is seemingly incapable of putting "Party over Self"
    Trump has ZERO chance of being elected our next president.
    In my opinion, if Trump would just shut up and go away (fat chance of that)...but "if" Trump did that, Gov. Ron DeSantis would have a CHANCE to be a formidable candidate for President in 2024.
    Here is an interesting article on this topic...
    What do any of you think re. Trump vs DeSantis?

I saw a clip from some sort of meeting with voters - if that clip is real, I’ve never seen anything so awful. I haven’t posted it because I’m not sure it isn’t a fake. But let’s just say he wasn’t winning the crowd over. At all.

DeSantis should save face by dropping out right now. He should give the reason As Trump being undefeatable at this point and throw his support behind trump.

He could conditionally drop out by saying he will be right back in should Trump not be able to run for any reason. He's basically running as the in case something happens to Trump candidate anyway, so he might as well make it official.

DeSantis should save face by dropping out right now. He should give the reason As Trump being undefeatable at this point and throw his support behind trump.

He could conditionally drop out by saying he will be right back in should Trump not be able to run for any reason. He's basically running as the in case something happens to Trump candidate anyway, so he might as well make it official.

is that article and content a problem for you? That DeSantis steered his top political donor a $92mm contract?

is that article and content a problem for you? That DeSantis steered his top political donor a $92mm contract?
    That is not actually what happened. DeSantis spent covid money on a road project that will benefit a man who builds spec houses and who is a donor. He did not give a 92 million project to his donor, unless whoever is building the road is a donor.

But yes, his actions benefit a donor. Does that concern me?

Yes that kind of thing which happens all over politics for politicians of all parties does concern me. That is one reason that Trump is such a good candidate. He is beholden to no donors, since he can Finance his own campaigns.

Consequences for lying about election integrity?

What a novel concept
    =================

The political future of Brazil’s former president Jair Bolsonaro has been cast into doubt after electoral judges banned him from running for office for eight years for abusing his powers and peddling “immoral” and “appalling lies” during last year’s acrimonious election.

Five of the superior electoral court’s seven judges voted to banish the far-right radical, who relentlessly vilified the South American country’s democratic institutions during his unsuccessful battle to win a second term in power. Two voted against the decision.

The verdict means Bolsonaro, who lost last year’s election to his leftist rival Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, will only be able to seek elected office again in 2030, when he will be 75.

The move to bar Bolsonaro from seeking public office was based on his highly controversial decision to summon foreign ambassadors to his official residence last July, 11 weeks before the election’s 2 October first round.

At the meeting, Bolsonaro made baseless claims against Brazil’s electronic voting system which caused a public outcry and were denounced by one supreme court judge as politically motivated disinformation.

Bolsonaro’s lawyer argued that while his client’s tone at the meeting with the envoys might have been inappropriate and “excessively blunt”, he had merely been seeking to “improve” Brazil’s voting system.

However, casting his vote against Bolsonaro, Judge Floriano de Azevedo Marques claimed Bolsonaro had tried to obtain an unfair advantage in the election with his “abnormal” and “immoral” actions. In belittling Brazil’s democracy in front of the foreign audience, the judge accused Bolsonaro of making their country appear like “a little banana republic”.…….

Last edited:
    But yes, his actions benefit a donor. Does that concern me?

Yes that kind of thing which happens all over politics for politicians of all parties does concern me. That is one reason that Trump is such a good candidate. He is beholden to no donors, since he can Finance his own campaigns.

good. now we have that established that you dont particularly care for that sort of "politics"

However, that brings us to Trump.

It doesnt bother you that the Saudis gifted $2B to Jareds Private Equity Firm? Or that LIV Golf was paying millions in "site fees" to Trump golf courses? Or when Trump would go to Mar a Lago - costing close to $65,000,000 over the course of his Presidency? Thereby benefitting himself soley?

cmon now. You cannot state you dislike politicians steering beneficial contracts to donors but then say "its ok" when Trump gets the benefits directly.

good. now we have that established that you dont particularly care for that sort of "politics"

However, that brings us to Trump.
    Of course.
    It doesnt bother you that the Saudis gifted $2B to Jareds Private Equity Firm? Or that LIV Golf was paying millions in "site fees" to Trump golf courses? Or when Trump would go to Mar a Lago - costing close to $65,000,000 over the course of his Presidency? Thereby benefitting himself soley?
    Yes all of that bothers me.
    cmon now. You cannot state you dislike politicians steering beneficial contracts to donors but then say "its ok" when Trump gets the benefits directly.
    No it's not OK.

Which presidential candidate of either party would I support if I wanted one free on any such unsavory influences? Which I do!

There are two primary options here
    • He scams people because he’s achieved success at it.
    • He scams himself along with his targets (he actually believes his flexible reality designed to benefit himself).
    A terrifying thing about Trump is that he is capable of anything, if in a position where there is a button to press, he can reach it, and he thinks he’ll benefit, a couple hundred million people would die, no problemo (my opinion). For a primer, read or watch The Dead Zone (Stephan King story). This is why you can thank the US Military because they told him to fork off on when he thought he could use them as his personal domestic enforcers.

Of course.

Yes all of that bothers me.

No it's not OK.

Which presidential candidate of either party would I support if I wanted one free on any such unsavory influences? Which I do!
    Do you really think Trump is spending any of his own money on his campaign? He isn’t even paying any of his own legal fees. The RNC paid them at first, and now his donors are paying them. Do you really think the Trump PACs don’t accept money from big Republican donors?

A terrifying thing about Trump is that he is capable of anything, if in a position where there is a button to press, he can reach it, and he thinks he’ll benefit, a couple hundred million people would die, no problemo (my opinion). For a primer, read or watch The Dead Zone (Stephan King story). This is why you can thank the US Military because they told him to fork off on when he thought he could use them as his personal domestic enforcers.

Yup, I thought of that movie and the parallels between Trump and that crazy unhinged politician that Martin Sheen played so well (dude is a great actor).....

Do you really think Trump is spending any of his own money on his campaign? He isn’t even paying any of his own legal fees. The RNC paid them at first, and now his donors are paying them. Do you really think the Trump PACs don’t accept money from big Republican donors?
    You missed the point of the question.

Yes, Trump has donors paying for stuff for him.

I don't know of any politician of whom that could not be said.

If I have to choose from among nothing but bought out oars running for office, I'll pick that one that will enact policies that I support.

Trump said publicly that he would Settle the Ukraine war in 24 hours. When he said that, I was expecting a cacophony of invective, calling him a liar, and ridiculing such an absurd idea.

Crickets.

Because the anti-Trump media knows that a promise like that is just what they people are hoping for. They may not believe the 24 hours, but the important thing is that Trump is committed to settling it. They'd rather not remind people of that promise, ever if it givest them a chance to ridicule Trump.

Both sides of the isle, bought out by the arms manufacturers, would love nothing more than an endless war in which American equipment his shipped overseas for destruction, and the taxpayers are stuck to pay for replacements.

Trump said publicly that he would Settle the Ukraine war in 24 hours. When he said that, I was expecting a cacophony of invective, calling him a liar, and ridiculing such an absurd idea.

Crickets.
    Trump has numerous times in the past shown to be overly friendly and even an admirer of Putin. He can try all he wants, but it takes 2 to settle a war in 24 hours. That's just not going to happen without buy in from both Ukraine and Russia. It's a ridiculous statement on it's face.
    Because the anti-Trump media knows that a promise like that is just what they people are hoping for. They may not believe the 24 hours, but the important thing is that Trump is committed to settling it. They'd rather not remind people of that promise, ever if it givest them a chance to ridicule Trump.

Both sides of the isle, bought out by the arms manufacturers, would love nothing more than an endless war in which American equipment his shipped overseas for destruction, and the taxpayers are stuck to pay for replacements.
    Just no. Have you even been paying attention to the war? You've got tens of thousands dying on both sides. Neither country wants to be in an endless war. For that matter, most people want this to end sooner than later.

And a lot of the stuff we're sending is going to get used or phased out sooner or later. The replacements have already been factored into a lot of what's sent there. In the big picture, we've spent a lot more on other things. The Ukraine war effort from us is ultimately gonna be a small fraction of the annual budget.

Crickets.

Yeah, because Biden wouldn't benefit from cheap gas prices.

Which will happen only after the war is over and Russia is selling every ounce of oil they can pump.

There are two primary options here
    • He scams people because he’s achieved success at it.
    • He scams himself along with his targets (he actually believes his flexible reality designed to benefit himself).

This is the movie/Book I always think about when it comes to Trump. Stephen King is really nailing that one in a very scary way

Trump has numerous times in the past shown to be overly friendly and even an admirer of Putin. He can try all he wants, but it takes 2 to settle a war in 24 hours. That's just not going to happen without buy in from both Ukraine and Russia. It's a ridiculous statement on it's face.
    I agree, so I wonder why there was not more of an outcry. I gave my theory about that.
    Just no. Have you even been paying attention to the war? You've got tens of thousands dying on both sides. Neither country wants to be in an endless war. For that matter, most people want this to end sooner than later.
    Neither country wants an endless war, but their leaders want even less to lose the war. The U.S. military manufacturing industry has been making billions off of the endless wars for more than twenty years now. They will fund any and all efforts to stop Trump from being elected and putting an end to it.
    And a lot of the stuff we're sending is going to get used or phased out sooner or later. The replacements have already been factored into a lot of what's sent there. In the big picture, we've spent a lot more on other things. The Ukraine war effort from us is ultimately gonna be a small fraction of the annual budget.
    Here is how Trump will settle the Ukraine war. It won't be done in 24 hours, of course.

He will sit down with Zalensky and say WTTE of "The American people are tired of funding your war against Russia, no matter how wrong they were to invade you. You need to sit down with the Russians and negotiate a peace and very quickly. You're going to have to give something up. But the alternative is that I cut off all military aid and leave you to count on your fellow Europeans. If that's the way you go, to continue the dying, there won't be a penny of U.S. money coming your way. If you are able to settle with Putin, the American people will be very generous in helping you re-build your country.

Then he will sit down with Putin and say, "The American people are enraged at your invasion, even though you believe your claim on Ukraine is legitimate. You need to sit down and negotiate peace with the Ukrainians and I mean now. You will have to give something up, so start thinking now what you will offer. If you decide to continue with this, I'm giving the Ukranians a blank check for whatever equipment they need. If you retaliate against the U.S. for that in the slightest, it's total war. On the other hand, if you can make peace, the American people will be very generous in helping you re-build any territory that the Ukrainians cede to you.

That's how you end a war.

I agree, so I wonder why there was not more of an outcry. I gave my theory about that.
    Ok.
    Neither country wants an endless war, but their leaders want even less to lose the war. The U.S. military manufacturing industry has been making billions off of the endless wars for more than twenty years now. They will fund any and all efforts to stop Trump from being elected and putting an end to it.
    I don't buy this argument at all, but hey, if that's what you think, so be it.
    Here is how Trump will settle the Ukraine war. It won't be done in 24 hours, of course.

He will sit down with Zalensky and say WTTE of "The American people are tired of funding your war against Russia, no matter how wrong they were to invade you. You need to sit down with the Russians and negotiate a peace and very quickly. You're going to have to give something up. But the alternative is that I cut off all military aid and leave you to count on your fellow Europeans. If that's the way you go, to continue the dying, there won't be a penny of U.S. money coming your way. If you are able to settle with Putin, the American people will be very generous in helping you re-build your country.

Then he will sit down with Putin and say, "The American people are enraged at your invasion, even though you believe your claim on Ukraine is legitimate. You need to sit down and negotiate peace with the Ukrainians and I mean now. You will have to give something up, so start thinking now what you will offer. If you decide to continue with this, I'm giving the Ukranians a blank check for whatever equipment they need. If you retaliate against the U.S. for that in the slightest, it's total war. On the other hand, if you can make peace, the American people will be very generous in helping you re-build any territory that the Ukrainians cede to you.

That's how you end a war.
    Only if Putin and Zelensky agree to a sit down. Putin absolutely won't agree to a sit down of any sort that involves trying to end the war with anything that involves ceding territory beyond the 2014 borders. They're suffering from massive sunk cost fallacy and there's really no saving face. Putin essentially is trapped. The agreement you're suggesting would result in Putin being overthrown by his opponents in Russia in pretty short order.

And Zelensky is already on record stating that they want a return to pre-2014 borders. I don't see him compromising.

If Trump managed to pull that off, I'd give him credit for it. But it's about as likely as someone selling me a beach house in Death Valley.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom