2024 GOP Presidential Race (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Many of Trump's endorsed candidates did not do well on Nov. 8th.
    Gov. Ron DeSantis DID do well.
    He won convincingly.
    Yet in this OP's opinion, Donald Trump is an egomaniac who is seemingly incapable of putting "Party over Self"
    Trump has ZERO chance of being elected our next president.
    In my opinion, if Trump would just shut up and go away (fat chance of that)...but "if" Trump did that, Gov. Ron DeSantis would have a CHANCE to be a formidable candidate for President in 2024.
    Here is an interesting article on this topic...
    What do any of you think re. Trump vs DeSantis?

i have always wondered if guys like Desantis truly believe what they spew or if they are really doing it for one reason - votes.

I mean, i cannot believe that someone as educated as Desantis actually believes some of the stuff that comes out of his mouth.

Or maybe he knows its simply a means to an end- the end being authoritarian-like power?
    A question I’ve wondered about often

And the Fox/Tucker Carlson texts show very possible he doesn’t believe any of it

Just a means to an end

DeSantis and his fellow extremists want to dismantle public education in the US. He has taken a big step in FL, where the state will now pay private school tuition through vouchers. This removes critical funding from public schools and now at least one private school has chosen to raise tuition because of the vouchers. I cannot emphasize enough how important good public schools are to our country. You can think of it as a national security imperative that we have good public schools. These vouchers will enrich the private school owners at the expense of our national well-being.

Such a weirdo:

He deleted it and called Ron a weirdo after I posted it, lol:

Last edited:
    I hate to say it, but Trump is going to chew this guy up and spit him out.

I think the whole process is. Trump is going to be his own form of brutal but he’s such a low-brow bully that Ronny D could possibly withstand much of it. But I think the others and a critical media are going to call out all of his other policy and leadership shortcomings.

Since Florida’s governor Ron DeSantis took office in 2019 and embarked on his culture wars, lawsuits from various communities whose rights have been violated have been stacking up against the far-right Republican.

As DeSantis fights the lawsuits with what critics have described as a blank check from the state’s supermajority Republican legislature, the mounting legal costs have come heavily at the expense of Florida’s taxpayers…….

Well, we shall see if DeSantis stands by this guy now that he has justified death sentences for gay people.

CNN is doing another town hall, this time it’s Haley. This clip is not her best moment:

Another horrible take. Girls contemplating suicide has ZERO to do with trans kids. Instead it’s actually trans kids who are a the greatest risk for suicide. This is just mean and cruel to pretend that trans kids are the reason girls contemplate suicide.

Another horrible take. Girls contemplating suicide has ZERO to do with trans kids. Instead it’s actually trans kids who are a the greatest risk for suicide. This is just mean and cruel to pretend that trans kids are the reason girls contemplate suicide.

They make up these constructs in their heads, with no real evidence - then echo-chamber them all the way to a national stage where 70% of America is like “what is wrong with you??”

They make up these constructs in their heads, with no real evidence - then echo-chamber them all the way to a national stage where 70% of America is like “what is wrong with you??”
    I sure hope it’s 70% Chuck. I really do. The fact is that girls contemplating suicide are likely to be in an abusive relationship of some sort. It’s more common than a lot of people think.

Trump vs DeSantis would be moderately close in my humble opinion. Both men have large support. Personally I don't care for either and I'm still not 100% sure Trump is even going to run. We'll see.

What a stupid statement. The "good" Republicans are so dumb.

She has no shot at all. She's also washed up in terms of politics. I can't see her getting elected to anything, much less president.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom