2024 GOP Presidential Race (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Many of Trump's endorsed candidates did not do well on Nov. 8th.
    Gov. Ron DeSantis DID do well.
    He won convincingly.
    Yet in this OP's opinion, Donald Trump is an egomaniac who is seemingly incapable of putting "Party over Self"
    Trump has ZERO chance of being elected our next president.
    In my opinion, if Trump would just shut up and go away (fat chance of that)...but "if" Trump did that, Gov. Ron DeSantis would have a CHANCE to be a formidable candidate for President in 2024.
    Here is an interesting article on this topic...
    What do any of you think re. Trump vs DeSantis?

I also read that visitor logs to his office and the governor’s mansion would also be secret under this bill.

Ron’s next step in fighting “the woke” as he so famously calls it is this law. Now any medical provider can choose to not treat someone if they object to them on religious or moral grounds. Transparently aimed at the LGBTQ community. Not only medical providers, though, but medical payors can also opt out of paying for medical care. Insurance companies, clinics, hospitals etc. The article linked in the tweet has a good explainer on the law and a link to the actual bill. DeSantis just signed it. Takes effect July 1. So if you belong to the LGBTQ community, or are a woman of child-bearing age, it would probably be best to stay away from Florida.

Ron’s next step in fighting “the woke” as he so famously calls it is this law. Now any medical provider can choose to not treat someone if they object to them on religious or moral grounds. Transparently aimed at the LGBTQ community. Not only medical providers, though, but medical payors can also opt out of paying for medical care. Insurance companies, clinics, hospitals etc. The article linked in the tweet has a good explainer on the law and a link to the actual bill. DeSantis just signed it. Takes effect July 1. So if you belong to the LGBTQ community, or are a woman of child-bearing age, it would probably be best to stay away from Florida.

It's a dumb law -- theoretically, if DeSantis ends up on the operating table from say a heart attack, the staff could refuse to save him if they find him morally objectionable.

DeSantis says Trump is part of the Republican culture of losing.
    He said: Governing is not about branding yourself...posting on Social Media or be Entertaining.
    More details here.....

DeSantis says Trump is part of the Republican culture of losing.
    He said: Governing is not about branding yourself...posting on Social Media or be Entertaining.
    More details here.....

DeSantis also says doctors can refuse to treat patients based on religious or moral beliefs. DeSantis also thinks taxpayers should be barred from finding out how he spends their money to travel or who visits him at the state house. Any thoughts on that when it comes to DeSantis as a potential president?

I read about this. FL refusing to accept an out of state drivers license as valid if they have doubts about the person’s immigration status is likely to be challenged in court and may be struck down. In the meantime who wants to risk the hassle?

3rd Party IF, IF IF....Biden and Trump are the nominees...
    No Labels is suspect IMO. I don’t think they are genuinely working to present an alternative, but rather are working to re-elect Trump. And I also think that this way - a 3rd party alternative - is the best chance and maybe the only chance Trump has to be re-elected.

As an indication of where this group is drawing support - I read that the billionaire who befriended Clarence Thomas and is “dear friends” with the couple is one of the people bankrolling this group. Ginni Thomas is a huge Trump supporter and crazy conspiracy theorist.

No Labels is suspect IMO. I don’t think they are genuinely working to present an alternative, but rather are working to re-elect Trump. And I also think that this way - a 3rd party alternative - is the best chance and maybe the only chance Trump has to be re-elected.

As an indication of where this group is drawing support - I read that the billionaire who befriended Clarence Thomas and is “dear friends” with the couple is one of the people bankrolling this group. Ginni Thomas is a huge Trump supporter and crazy conspiracy theorist.
    I see.
    Thank you for passing along your research.
    If Biden and Trump are the nominees I would be in favor of some "normal" 3rd party candidate who is not associated with Ginni Thomas.
    Joe Manchin would be awesome! :h10:

Man, seeing CNN trying to justify itself the way they are is downright comical.

Sad actually. Licht is going to run it into the ground.
    You ( and others) might be interested in this article...

I don’t know how this can be constitutional. He’s dictating what adults are allowed to study and learn about in state colleges.

I don’t know how this can be constitutional. He’s dictating what adults are allowed to study and learn about in state colleges.

This is just full blown fascist state wet dreams come to life now. Man, what the hell is wrong with Florida that they're not rejecting this nonsense wholesale? Good grief.

This is just full blown fascist state wet dreams come to life now. Man, what the hell is wrong with Florida that they're not rejecting this nonsense wholesale? Good grief.
    Their legislature just rubber stamps everything for him. They passed a law so that he can run for federal office, which was not allowed. They passed a law so he doesn’t have to reveal his travels and the visitor logs at any time. It’s crazy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom