2024 GOP Presidential Race (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Many of Trump's endorsed candidates did not do well on Nov. 8th.
    Gov. Ron DeSantis DID do well.
    He won convincingly.
    Yet in this OP's opinion, Donald Trump is an egomaniac who is seemingly incapable of putting "Party over Self"
    Trump has ZERO chance of being elected our next president.
    In my opinion, if Trump would just shut up and go away (fat chance of that)...but "if" Trump did that, Gov. Ron DeSantis would have a CHANCE to be a formidable candidate for President in 2024.
    Here is an interesting article on this topic...
    What do any of you think re. Trump vs DeSantis?

Lol, the ratings for the GOP primary debate are going to be laughingly bad. What are they going to have, like 3 people on stage with no front runner.

I doubt Carlson failing Twitter show is going to do good either.

================
    Former President Donald Trump is planning to skip the first Republican presidential debate on Wednesday and is instead expected to sit for an interview with former Fox News Host Tucker Carlson, multiple sources familiar with his plans tell CNN.

Over the last 24 hours, Trump has increasingly been informing those close to him that he has made his decision, and will not be on the debate stage next week.

The timing for the Carlson interview has yet to be determined, the sources said, but it is expected to air around the same time as the debate. The New York Times first reported the details of the Carlson interview.
    =================

If I was Trump I would skip that shirt too.

Why give the appearance that any of them are in the same stratosphere as you when you're a former President who's up on them by 40 points? Screw that, let them have their little irrelevant jv debate amongst themselves.

DeSantis is cratering…

DeSantis is cratering…

Well, it is Florida, so I guess that's not surprising.

I hope so. But if Trump is sitting on the sidelines, I'm not sure how much support Christie can peel off. We'll see.
    Thanks for your post.
    I believe Trump has a solid 37% following that seemingly no candidate can pry away from him. Yet doesn't that mean that since 100 - 37 = 63....isn't there 63% of the voters that are "up for grabs"? If you look at it that way, there IS a path to the GOP nomination for Christie.
    OK...everyone can now tell me how wrong I am.
    Ready....set...go....

Thanks for your post.
    I believe Trump has a solid 37% following that seemingly no candidate can pry away from him. Yet doesn't that mean that since 100 - 37 = 63....isn't there 63% of the voters that are "up for grabs"? If you look at it that way, there IS a path to the GOP nomination for Christie.
    OK...everyone can now tell me how wrong I am.
    Ready....set...go....
    I think Trump has closer to 50% of the Republican vote. Christie would need to get voters supporting the others. When DeSantis and Vivek drop out, I don't see Christie picking all of those up. Christie winning the primaries is a tall order.

I think Trump has closer to 50% of the Republican vote. Christie would need to get voters supporting the others. When DeSantis and Vivek drop out, I don't see Christie picking all of those up. Christie winning the primaries is a tall order.

I just don’t see any scenario where there is a meaningful challenge to trump - but by the time of the convention it might get interesting if Trump is then in serious legal jeopardy. Only 1/3 of states have delegate binding rules for primaries. It’s possible that a last minute effort to get a more appropriate candidate could succeed.

I’m gonna vote in the SC GOP primary for Christie.

Last edited:
    I just don’t see any scenario where there is a meaningful challenge to trump - but by the time of the convention it might get interesting if Trump is then in serious legal jeopardy. Only 1/3 of states have delegating binding rules for primaries. It’s possible that a last minute effort to get a more appropriate candidate could succeed.

I’m gonna vote in the SC GOP primary for Christie.
    Same for me here in Virginia. :9:

Then there’s this flaming bag of poo

What an idiotic alliance. Vivek wants to alienate China by cozying up with Russia. Russia is a weak and corrupt country with some weapons. It is similar to North Korea. We don't want friends like that. Allowing a weak country like Russia to expand its territory by force is dangerous. It expands the places of unpredictability. By contrast Ukraine is a country heading in the right direction. It is dealing with its corruption. We want to help them continue to progress. Allowing them to become weakened by giving up some of their most important territory makes us all weaker. We also need to continue to help Ukraine gain back its territory to deter that type of action again. We need a stable and allied Europe to face the threats presented by China and Russia. However, if there is a relationship that would benefit us to improve it is with China. The Western alliances need to find a way to resolve the Taiwan issue that is acceptable to China. We may even have to sacrifice Taiwan, because it is acknowledged to be a part of China, but Urkaine is different, because it is a sovereign country. Forcing Russia back into its place is in the best interest of the world, but we shouldn't consider doing that at the expense of damaging our relationship with China. I favor tolerance of China's misdeeds, as long as it respects sovereign territory, but Taiwan isn't sovereign territory. A war with China is not acceptable, so we have to accept some otherwise unacceptable things, which may mean sacrificing Taiwan. Despite Vivek's mockery, Biden's stubborness to attempt to discourage China from supporting Russia is the right move, but that is bad for Taiwan.

DeSantis is cratering…

I haven't heard any comparisons of DeSantis' comments about Trump's people being "listless" to Hillary's comments about them being "deplorable". I wonder if MAGA people are going to make T-shirts proudly describing themselves as listless? If not, someone should make the shirts. They should go ahead and add deplorable and listless! Only the best!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom