2024 GOP Presidential Race (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Many of Trump's endorsed candidates did not do well on Nov. 8th.
    Gov. Ron DeSantis DID do well.
    He won convincingly.
    Yet in this OP's opinion, Donald Trump is an egomaniac who is seemingly incapable of putting "Party over Self"
    Trump has ZERO chance of being elected our next president.
    In my opinion, if Trump would just shut up and go away (fat chance of that)...but "if" Trump did that, Gov. Ron DeSantis would have a CHANCE to be a formidable candidate for President in 2024.
    Here is an interesting article on this topic...
    What do any of you think re. Trump vs DeSantis?

This guy just doesn’t get the concept of a free press, lol

He always used friendly local reporters before he campaigned for POTUS. When he allowed a national reporter to interview him for some major news event, he would buckle when asked tough questions. He really doesn't have the quick feet and charisma for the national stage when he can't bully and control the narrative.

Lol, Christie keeps pouring it on.

I read a nyt article that said he had only $4 million left in his Pac. And more dubious, there were many wire transfer between that pac with a super PAC that he shouldn't have control. He's a walking criminal. Someone on post.news said trump is a Matryoshka Doll. You open one to find obstruction crimes and then more crimes hidden inside.

Two wealthy Republicans running long-shot campaigns for president have qualified for the first GOP debate – even as they remain their own top donors.

The candidates, biotech entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy and Doug Burgum, the governor of North Dakota and former software company executive, have each contributed more than $10m to their own campaigns.

Burgum, 67, has twice donated to himself: once in March, months before he officially joined the race, and again in June, a couple of weeks after he announced his candidacy, according to campaign finance reports.

First-time politician Ramaswamy, 37, has loaned himself about $15m and directly given hundreds of thousands of dollars more, FEC filings show. Just around $3.2m – about 17% – of the $19.1m his campaign had raised as of June came from donors other than himself.

Long-shot Republican candidates spend millions on their own campaigns​

Vivek Ramaswamy and Doug Burgum have qualified for the GOP debate after each contributed over $10m to their own campaigns

Mary Yang
    Thu 3 Aug 2023 07.00 EDT

Two wealthy Republicans running long-shot campaigns for president have qualified for the first GOP debate – even as they remain their own top donors.
    The candidates, biotech entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy and Doug Burgum, the governor of North Dakota and former software company executive, have each contributed more than $10m to their own campaigns.

Burgum, 67, has twice donated to himself: once in March, months before he officially joined the race, and again in June, a couple of weeks after he announced his candidacy, according to campaign finance reports.
    First-time politician Ramaswamy, 37, has loaned himself about $15m and directly given hundreds of thousands of dollars more, FEC filings show. Just around $3.2m – about 17% – of the $19.1m his campaign had raised as of June came from donors other than himself.

“This is a luxury expense, essentially,” said Jason Seawright, a political science professor at Northwestern University and a co-author of the book Billionaires and Stealth Politics. For billionaires, spending millions of dollars to achieve whatever goal – whether that be increasing their name recognition or getting on the debate stage – isn’t enough to change their lifestyle, he said.

Ramaswamy defended financing his own campaign in an interview with Politico where he bashed political fundraisers for pocketing a portion of the money they raise. “Why should they monopolize political fundraising? They shouldn’t,” Ramaswamy told Politico. His campaign earlier said Ramaswamy was prepared to spend $100m on the race.
    Both Ramaswamy and Burgum resorted to offering donors cash incentives in order to meet the threshold and secure their spots on the debate stage.

Burgum offered the first 50,000 people to donate at least $1 to his campaign a $20 gift card, and Ramaswamy promised to give people a 10% commission on any funds they raised for his campaign.

Ramaswamy and Burgum’s donor incentives are “unique in the details, but it’s not unique in general”, said Seawright. “The reality is that people who have a huge amount of money consistently find ways to work around the rules.”............

After a year of taunting and sniping, Republican presidential hopeful and right-wing Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has agreed to meet California’s Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom on the debate stage.

Fox News host Sean Hannity will moderate the live debate, pitched as a showdown of Red vs. Blue policies at the state level.

Hannity on Wednesday played a clip from his June interview with Newsom where the governor said he was “all in” to debate his Florida counterpart before cutting to a smiling DeSantis, who appeared remotely.

“Absolutely,” DeSantis said in response to the challenge. “I’m game. Let’s get it done. Just tell me when and where.”

After DeSantis’s “Hannity” appearance, a spokesperson for Newsom said the California governor already sent DeSantis a formal debate offer last Friday.
“DeSantis should put up or shut up,” the Newsom spokesperson said. “Anything else is just games.”

According to Newsom’s letter, he proposed a 90-minute debate moderated by Hannity and focused on “the impact of representation at the state level.”

The Fox News-hosted event will have no live audience and will air live on Nov. 8 or 10 in a battleground state, either Georgia, Nevada or North Carolina……

Newsom's gonna eat him alive.

He's good looking and charismatic. Two things you must be in a television debate without audience.

Don't believe me? Just look at the poll results from the Nixon vs. JFK debate. Those that listened on radio said Nixon had won the debate.

On TV (a brand new mass media device), he refused makeup and was a bit under the weather. Those polled who watched it favored JFK almost 2:1.

Reason? Imo, people are generally too dumb to understand their platform talking points so they focus on one liners "Sir, I served with JFK..." and their appearance.

DeSantis is short, has no neck and the personality of a thumb tack.

Unless Hannity moderates like it is the 2018-19 NFCG, Newsom is going to make him look like what I assume his wife makes him do in the bedroom.

Last edited:
    Guess they forgot a Republican was president during and after 9/11. forking idiots...
    Not to mention their boi Donald was President for four years. Fully authorized to declassify and expose anything he wanted to.

From JFK to Area 51 to 9/11, we could've gotten the Real Story anytime he gave the word.

Funny how he never did.

Back on the water pressure thing
    =========================

…..Though Mr Trump has proven in past speeches that he does not need segues — preferring instead to crash from topic to topic without regard for logic or causality — he did lead into his shower rant, sort of, by complaining about regulations.

“You know I have this gorgeous head of hair – when I take a shower, I want water to pour down on me. When you go into these new homes with showers, the water drips down slowly, slowly,” Mr Trump told the diners.

It is unclear where Mr Trump — whose two main domiciles are a luxury golf resort in Florida and a gilded skyscraper in Manhattan, both of which he owns — is experiencing these shower troubles.

“You have suds, beautiful nice wonderful suds, a lot of money, Procter & Gamble, all that crap that they sell they say is good, probably costs ’em about two cents and they sell it for $10," Mr Trump said. "It takes you 10 minutes to wash your hair. You know what you do? You just stay in the shower about 10 times longer than you would have, it’s the same, you probably use more water. I broke all that up.”…..

This is all just so idiotic. It’s like his toilet flush rant that he does from time to time. What is he even talking about. Plus, it’s all just fantasy - starting with “I have a gorgeous head of hair”. Lol.

Donald Trump had a meltdown on Sunday night where he attacked President Joe Biden, striker Megan Rapinoe and “wokeness” for the US’s unexpected early defeat in the Women’s World Cup.

The former president took to Truth Social to bizarrely claim the loss was a sign of the influence “Crooked Joe Biden” has had on the nation. He also somehow blamed the “WOKE”-ness and cruelly trolled Rapinoe for missing a penalty.

“The ‘shocking and totally unexpected’ loss by the U.S. Women’s Soccer Team to Sweden is fully emblematic of what is happening to our once great Nation under Crooked Joe Biden,” he fumed.

“Many of our players were openly hostile to America - No other country behaved in such a manner, or even close. WOKE EQUALS FAILURE. Nice shot Megan, the USA is going to Hell!!! MAGA,” he added.……

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom