2022 Georgia Senate Race (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    Senator Warnock won in a special election to fill the remainder of Johnny Isakson's seat - which expires January 2023. This means the seat is up for election in 2022, where Warnock will run as the incumbent and the GOP field that is now led by former running back Hershel Walker, who has been enthusiastically endorsed by Donald Trump.

More proof that you can't fix stupid.

I am sooooooooooo disappointed that this race is even a contest and my disappointment is reserved for those Walker supporters that previously voted for Warnock!

Can you imagine watching this debate as one of the primary candidates who lost to this guy?

This is all over the internet. This race *should* be in the bag now.

Does that mean when people get honorary Doctorates from Universities, they should be able to practice?
    "Dr, whats your credentials? I'm a Dr, but its just an honorary certificate, but thats besaide the point.."

It's astonishing how easily the evangelicals toss out their beliefs, in order to try and install a man with severe mental issues, who goes -- literally -- against everything they "supposedly" believe in. All for a vote to bring them closer to establishing the Christian Theocracy they've been salivating over.

BlueTowns.com: The voice of progressives in every town in America

On CNN, Smerconish made a point I hadn’t thought about

Basically it was that Republican voters in Georgia don’t care about Walker’s hypocrisy, his lying, his violent background, not remotely qualified to be a Senator, they want to get control of the Senate and they want his Republican Senate vote

How is that different from Democratic voters in Pennsylvania saying they don’t care about how Fetterman’s stroke may have affected him cognitively and his ability to serve and perform duties required of him, they want to keep control of the Senate and want his Democratic Senate vote

My instant reaction was they aren’t the same situations at all. One is woefully unqualified, the other may have to read some captions for awhile

But it is a point

Just a coincidence it was in a get well card..
    Technically, he didn't pay for the abortion. He reimbursed her for it... in his mind, its different..

I had a coworker who got a boob job and charged it to her cedit card. Her boyfriend at the time (now husband) is the one who paid the credit card bill. But she sticks to her point that he didn't pay for her bood job, she paid for it..

Its just like this dude lies just for the sake of lying. I knew a guy who was like this. He would lie about the strangest and most randon things for no reason. there will be many GOP who back him up on this, but gave Elizabeth Warren hell about when she claimed it.. AT least she didn't try to say her grandmother was 100%...

Start calling him Crazy Bull

It's astonishing how easily the evangelicals toss out their beliefs, in order to try and install a man with severe mental issues, who goes -- literally -- against everything they "supposedly" believe in. All for a vote to bring them closer to establishing the Christian Theocracy they've been salivating over.

BlueTowns.com: The voice of progressives in every town in America

WASHINGTON — Confronting a barrage of accusations about his personal life — including claims he threatened women and paid for an abortion despite his public opposition to the procedure — Herschel Walker has repeatedly invoked his history of mental illness in his defense.

“As everyone knows, I had a real battle with mental health, even wrote a book about it,” Mr. Walker, the Republican candidate for Senate in Georgia, said in a television ad released at the height of the abortion controversy. “And by the grace of God, I’ve overcome it.”

In the ad, and on the campaign trail, Mr. Walker, a former football star, does not elaborate. But in his 2008 memoir, “Breaking Free,” he revealed that he had been diagnosed with dissociative identity disorder, formerly known as multiple personality disorder. He described his 12 “alters” — distinct identities that helped him cope with the trauma of being bullied as a child. He wrote of rage and “out-of-control behavior”; he played Russian roulette with a loaded gun.

Now, as he tries to steady a campaign that could determine control of the Senate, Mr. Walker often speaks of these events in religious, not medical, terms. He either denies the accusations or says he does not remember what happened. Still, he casts himself as a redemption story, saying he is a Christian “saved by grace.”

But experts say Mr. Walker’s assertion that he has “overcome” the disorder is simplistic at best: Like other mental illnesses, dissociative identity disorder cannot be cured in the classic sense. Psychiatrists say that while patients can learn to manage this disorder — and even live symptom-free for extended periods — the symptoms can recur, often triggered by stress............

WASHINGTON — Confronting a barrage of accusations about his personal life — including claims he threatened women and paid for an abortion despite his public opposition to the procedure — Herschel Walker has repeatedly invoked his history of mental illness in his defense.

“As everyone knows, I had a real battle with mental health, even wrote a book about it,” Mr. Walker, the Republican candidate for Senate in Georgia, said in a television ad released at the height of the abortion controversy. “And by the grace of God, I’ve overcome it.”

In the ad, and on the campaign trail, Mr. Walker, a former football star, does not elaborate. But in his 2008 memoir, “Breaking Free,” he revealed that he had been diagnosed with dissociative identity disorder, formerly known as multiple personality disorder. He described his 12 “alters” — distinct identities that helped him cope with the trauma of being bullied as a child. He wrote of rage and “out-of-control behavior”; he played Russian roulette with a loaded gun.

Now, as he tries to steady a campaign that could determine control of the Senate, Mr. Walker often speaks of these events in religious, not medical, terms. He either denies the accusations or says he does not remember what happened. Still, he casts himself as a redemption story, saying he is a Christian “saved by grace.”

But experts say Mr. Walker’s assertion that he has “overcome” the disorder is simplistic at best: Like other mental illnesses, dissociative identity disorder cannot be cured in the classic sense. Psychiatrists say that while patients can learn to manage this disorder — and even live symptom-free for extended periods — the symptoms can recur, often triggered by stress............

what are the odds that the 11 other "identities" are Democrats?

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A woman came forward Wednesday to accuse Herschel Walker, the anti-abortion Republican running for U.S. Senate in Georgia, of encouraging and paying for her 1993 abortion — an accusation that came just weeks after a former girlfriend said he did the same for her in 2009.

Walker dismissed the newest allegation as “foolishness” and “a lie,” similar to his vehement denials earlier this month of the abortion alleged to have happened 13 years ago.

“I’m done with all this foolishness. This is all a lie, and I will not entertain any of it. I also did not kill JFK,” Walker said in a statement later Wednesday……

Would be great if someone had some form of receipt or payment to the clinic that performed the abortion showing Walker's credit card info.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom