2022 Georgia Senate Race (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    Senator Warnock won in a special election to fill the remainder of Johnny Isakson's seat - which expires January 2023. This means the seat is up for election in 2022, where Warnock will run as the incumbent and the GOP field that is now led by former running back Hershel Walker, who has been enthusiastically endorsed by Donald Trump.

Remember the days when if it turned out that an anti abortion politician/candidate had, or had paid for, an abortion that person would've resigned/withdrew within a couple days?

That's where modern politics is now, no shame, no remorse, deny everything

Remember the days when if it turned out that an anti abortion politician/candidate had, or had paid for, an abortion that person would've resigned/withdrew within a couple days?

That's where modern politics is now, no shame, no remorse, deny everything
    If Walker wins, this country should call it quits.. The coutry would have Jumped The Shark..

looks like neither cleared the 50% threshold for victory, so there will be a runoff
    it is much closer than it should have been 49.42% vs 48.52%
    some libertarian got 2% of the votes

looks like neither cleared the 50% threshold for victory, so there will be a runoff
    it is much closer than it should have been 49.42% vs 48.52%
    some libertarian got 2% of the votes

I figured this was always going to end up in a run off. Huge pact money from Washington once again is about to flow in Georgia. All the attention of both parties now turns to that race. I think it says a whole lot about these candidates when the incumbent Governor basically stomps his opponent but when it comes to this race, it goes to a run off.

It's gonna get extremely ugly in Georgia over the next month or so.

Warnock would need 72% of the votes that are left to avoid a runoff.

I think he would win the runoff easily though. Warnock's voters will show up for a runoff, i think the R's were more motivated by the governor's race, and aren't going to show up to support only Walker on the ticket.

Warnock would need 72% of the votes that are left to avoid a runoff.

I think he would win the runoff easily though. Warnock's voters will show up for a runoff, i think the R's were more motivated by the governor's race, and aren't going to show up to support only Walker on the ticket.
    The one scary thought is a situation where that is the last senate race to be decided, and the GOP has 50 seats.

This would lead to a MASSIVE push by republicans to get him elected so they would take control of the senate.

The one scary thought is a situation where that is the last senate race to be decided, and the GOP has 50 seats.

This would lead to a MASSIVE push by republicans to get him elected so they would take control of the senate.

Yep. Need AZ and NV to hold and Rs will stay home. Walker is a garbage candidate. There is so much wrong with our democracy/population when someone like Walker gets 48% of the vote.

Yep. Need AZ and NV to hold and Rs will stay home. Walker is a garbage candidate. There is so much wrong with our democracy/population when someone like Walker gets 48% of the vote.
    Cortez Mastro has to pick the pace then. CNN is reporting about 85% of the vote is already in from Clark County, which typically leans blue the most there.

I am pleasantly surprised by this! I wrongly believed that Walker would siphon off more black voters and credit has to go to Abrams and her New Georgia Project for changing that dynamic. I wish we had someone/anyone in Louisiana that would go out and engage the black voters in this State much like she did for Georgia. It still seems as though Blacks in La either don't vote or they vote for the Black candidate. The latter is why we still have Gary Chambers on the ticket for EVERY ELECTION!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom