2022 Georgia Senate Race (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    Senator Warnock won in a special election to fill the remainder of Johnny Isakson's seat - which expires January 2023. This means the seat is up for election in 2022, where Warnock will run as the incumbent and the GOP field that is now led by former running back Hershel Walker, who has been enthusiastically endorsed by Donald Trump.

His adult son is a messed up guy too, but even he can see how bad his dad is.

=============
    Walker says he does not identify as gay but says he is attracted to men but frequently lambasts LGBTQ activists and mocks Pride Month.

“I don’t celebrate Pride Month because I grew up wanting Prince Charming, not to walk around the streets with no clothes on at a Pride Festival,” Walker said in a June TikTok video.

“Pride month makes no sense. You have all your rights, now SHUT UP. Your sexuality is not an accomplishment,” he said on Twitter in June. “Leave everyone alone and stop projecting your insecurity.”
    ==============

Like, what does that even mean? What does he consider himself, straight with an attraction to men? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

I had an acquaintance who swore he wasn't gay because he was a top only.

"Newt Gingrich: Herschel Walker, whose brain was damaged a bunch by football, should be in the Senate because of his deep commitment to Christ -- so he can replace an actual reverend," one Twitter user tweeted."

smh.gif

I think the Rs statements about 'we don't care how terrible our candidate is as long as he wins' is hurting them. This is driving off the 'on the fence' voters. that 10% are the ones they are losing causing the gap in percentage.

I think the Rs statements about 'we don't care how terrible our candidate is as long as he wins' is hurting them. This is driving off the 'on the fence' voters. that 10% are the ones they are losing causing the gap in percentage.

Those same voters across the country are holding the line - arguably for the continued existence of the American system . . . the voters that either typically vote Republican or at least are widely open to Republican policies but who simply refuse to vote for these clowns that the GOP keeps putting up for election.

It's much easier for an unqualified quack to win a gerrymandered House district but in a race for a seat won by a state's general election - at least in the states with sizable and diverse populations - the candidate is most likely going to have to demonstrate some kind of quality substance at some point in the race.

Walker's candidacy is a sad cartoon. And the worst part is that should have been patently obvious from the moment someone in the GOP said "Hey, let's run Hershel Walker for Senate."

I don’t think that with his mental health issues Walker is capable of making any sort of informed commitment.

As for Newtie? He is just trying to keep himself relevant. He sees an opening for regained esteem and power and is hoping he can take advantage of it.

Those same voters across the country are holding the line - arguably for the continued existence of the American system . . . the voters that either typically vote Republican or at least are widely open to Republican policies but who simply refuse to vote for these clowns that the GOP keeps putting up for election.

It's much easier for an unqualified quack to win a gerrymandered House district but in a race for a seat won by a state's general election - at least in the states with sizable and diverse populations - the candidate is most likely going to have to demonstrate some kind of quality substance at some point in the race.

Walker's candidacy is a sad cartoon. And the worst part is that should have been patently obvious from the moment someone in the GOP said "Hey, let's run Hershel Walker for Senate."

... and I agree, but Georgia.

They felt they needed to field a black Republican to take on the black Democrat, so Trump offered up his friend. And the cult ate it up.

They felt they needed to field a black Republican to take on the black Democrat, so Trump offered up his friend. And the cult ate it up.

Yeah. My sense at this point is that it will be an unforced error for them, that is a winnable seat and he’s just a horrible candidate. But good - maybe enough of these and they’ll stop putting up horrible candidates, though as long as MAGA runs the party I doubt it.

Herschel Walker, and the GOP’s declining demand for morality in leaders​

Analysis by Aaron Blake
    Staff writer
    Updated October 5, 2022 at 2:56 p.m. EDT|Published October 5, 2022 at 2:45 p.m. EDT

"Long before the most recent revelations rendered it significantly messier, New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman asked Donald Trump about GOP Senate candidate Herschel Walker’s messy personal life. Trump wagered that it wouldn’t really matter.

Trump, in comments published in Haberman’s new book, “Confidence Man,” called it “a personal history that, ten years ago, maybe it would have been a problem. Twenty years ago would’ve been a bigger problem. I don’t think it’s a problem today.” Asked why he thought things had shifted, Trump offered: “Because the world is changing.”

Trump is almost unquestionably right that these things once mattered much more. But it’s not so much that the world has changed as that the Republican Party has.

And rather conveniently so."

Just to review Newt Gingrich divorced his first wife as she was in the hospital with cancer.

You nailed it again. The country is at the precipice and it all comes down to whether true independents are motivated enough to vote as opposed to tune out politics because of the absolute shirt show it has become.

The mother of one of Herschel Walker’s children had to repeatedly press the former football star and now-Republican Senate nominee in Georgia for funds to pay for a 2009 abortion that she said he wanted her to have, according to the woman and a person she confided in at the time.

“When I talked to him, I said, 'You need to send — I can’t afford to pay for this,” the woman said in one of several interviews with The Washington Post in recent days, adding that she also told him: “We did this, too. Both of us did this. We both know how babies are made.”

The woman, who lived in the Atlanta area at the time, said she became pregnant when she was unemployed and had less than $600 in her bank account.

Walker sent a $700 check via FedEx about a week after the procedure, the woman said.

The Post reviewed an image of the check that was printed on an ATM slip, with Walker’s name and an address matching where he lived at the time…….

Read this pretty spot on opinion piece (IMO) and figured I'd share.

Last week, predictably, we found out that Herschel Walker, the Georgia Senate candidate who calls himself “pro-life”, had paid for at least one abortion. Because of course he had.

We also learned from his son Christian, that Herschel is also a pretty terrible father. To say the very least. But we already knew that didn’t we?

“He has four kids, four different women, he wasn’t in the house raising one of them, he was out having sex with other women. Do you care about family values?” Walker said.

Of course Herschel has denied the claim made in the Daily Beast that he paid for his girlfriend’s abortion. He also claimed he didn’t know who that person was, only for us to later find out that he had in fact fathered a child with her, a child he asked her to abort as well. A child he pays child support for and has since it was born. But he doesn’t know her right? I mean of course he doesn’t know her.

News of Herschel’s abortion payment and second abortion request spread like wildfire all over social media. Why? Because the hypocrisy is obvious. The very same Republicans who claim that abortion is murder no matter how far along the fetus is, the same Republicans who shamed a 10 year old rape victim for needing an abortion, The same Republicans who would let a mother die before performing an abortion, had nothing to say about one of their own paying for one

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom