Where is DeSantis? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Funny you should ask that. I asked Google, and Google said many people are asking that.

Local TV 10 asked that two hours ago:

Salon asked that four hours ago:

WFTV asked that two days ago:

His office didn’t help the rumors - under his official Twitter they posted a picture from a visit to a local business that happened two weeks ago, acting as if it was current. Of course people immediately knew it wasn’t current, and it gave folks who are conspiracy minded fuel for their speculations. His spokesperson started blocking people on Twitter who were questioning his whereabouts, after claiming he was “on vacation”. It is odd not to know where he is for so long.

His wife has cancer. When my wife had cancer, I was in Atlanta at Emory for a week once and I spoke to noone at my office. Other times, it was 2 or 3 days at a time once every other week.

It's quite possible he's been with her and it's also quite likely he wouldn't have done anything that might bring attention to his Covid failings even if he weren't.

He showed up at a NY Eve function with wife (who was unmasked even though being treated for cancer). He also was at the Orange Bowl in a suite, per a guy’s post with picture.

I can’t imagine any doctor being okay with his wife going to a large indoor event without a mask. That seems a bit much for someone being treated for cancer.

He showed up at a NY Eve function with wife (who was unmasked even though being treated for cancer). He also was at the Orange Bowl in a suite, per a guy’s post with picture.

I can’t imagine any doctor being okay with his wife going to a large indoor event without a mask. That seems a bit much for someone being treated for cancer.

I said it was possible, but I didn't excuse his stupidity nor the blatant disregard for science. Hell, he's appointed an anti-science state surgeon general and starting to place a state militia on the budget. He's as dangerous, cynical and worthy of scorn as anyone on earth other than Trump, but the possibility existed in my tiny mind right up until I read your comments.

What a piece of trash he is.

My comment wasn’t really intended to call your comment out. Just stating what I read. His antics in Florida have been really horrendous. My brother and sister-in-law spend six months there every year, and my brother calls him “our idiot Governor” and he’s not really a political person.

My comment wasn’t really intended to call your comment out. Just stating what I read. His antics in Florida have been really horrendous. My brother and sister-in-law spend six months there every year, and my brother calls him “our idiot Governor” and he’s not really a political person.

No worries. I thought it was possible that even an amoral piece of human filth like Desantis could have a valid reason. Seems I was wrong so back to my belief that he's a cynical narcissist. It's the only way I can rationalize his actions in the face of his academic and military history. I simply don't want to believe a Harvard educated Naval Officer could be as low as he is.

All sorts of people can have personality disorders. We have certainly learned that lesson in spades the last few years, lol.

His wife has cancer. When my wife had cancer, I was in Atlanta at Emory for a week once and I spoke to noone at my office. Other times, it was 2 or 3 days at a time once every other week.

It's quite possible he's been with her and it's also quite likely he wouldn't have done anything that might bring attention to his Covid failings even if he weren't.

But 1. (I assume) your office knew where you were and b. you were not the governor of a state in the middle of a crisis.

Well, Florida is doing really terrible with Covid. But so are a lot of places lately, so at this point Florida may only be marginally worse. And if you live in the Northeast or middle of the country, it’s the closest place to have some warmth during a cold winter, and be on the beach.

We have rented a house for a week near Fort Myers later this month and I am really looking forward to some nice weather and sunshine.

Well, Florida is doing really terrible with Covid. But so are a lot of places lately, so at this point Florida may only be marginally worse. And if you live in the Northeast or middle of the country, it’s the closest place to have some warmth during a cold winter, and be on the beach.

We have rented a house for a week near Fort Myers later this month and I am really looking forward to some nice weather and sunshine.
    How is Florida doing really terrible? Are you going by cases or hospitalizations and death?
    If you compare lockdown, mandated, mask up states vs Florida how do those compare?

I think Florida is one of the worst right now with cases, although I agree those are increasingly less important especially among vaccinated people. Second to only NY, although the point was made that FL might actually have more cases because they don’t stress testing and just aren’t documenting them.

I do think DeSantis is being very stupid by being anti-vax. He called in a quack doctor from CA just to get someone who would go along with his stupidity. They are really pushing treatments over vaccinations, without much in the way of medical evidence that those treatments perform better than vaccinations. In fact the evidence that vaccinations work is pretty overwhelming at a very low cost to the state and no cost to the consumer. The monoclonal ab he was pushing are very expensive, but I suppose the advantage to him is that at least one of his donors benefits from the use of the antibodies.

No states are in lockdown right now. Masking doesn’t stop anyone from doing anything except if they are being stupid about it.

I think Florida is one of the worst right now with cases, although I agree those are increasingly less important especially among vaccinated people. Second to only NY, although the point was made that FL might actually have more cases because they don’t stress testing and just aren’t documenting them.

I do think DeSantis is being very stupid by being anti-vax. He called in a quack doctor from CA just to get someone who would go along with his stupidity. They are really pushing treatments over vaccinations, without much in the way of medical evidence that those treatments perform better than vaccinations. In fact the evidence that vaccinations work is pretty overwhelming at a very low cost to the state and no cost to the consumer. The monoclonal ab he was pushing are very expensive, but I suppose the advantage to him is that at least one of his donors benefits from the use of the antibodies.

No states are in lockdown right now. Masking doesn’t stop anyone from doing anything except if they are being stupid about it.
    Did you know the definition of vaccine has changed by the CDC? It no longer mentions immunity, just protection. So the polio vaccine didn't stop the spread, it just made sure kids got a less severve case of polio? That should smell fishy to everyone.

Are the vaccinated carrying and spreading the virus now? They are, so why not focus on treatments. At this point, those that want to be vaccinated are vaccinated and those that are not, won't.

https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04304313
    I think treatments are the key, not a vaccine that clearly does not work as intended and told to us by the 'guys in charge'.

I thought Florida had a state wide effort to vaccinate all the elderly and compromised? I would be curious on the elderly death toll between Florida, CA and NY.

Did you know the definition of vaccine has changed by the CDC? It no longer mentions immunity, just protection. So the polio vaccine didn't stop the spread, it just made sure kids got a less severve case of polio? That should smell fishy to everyone.

Are the vaccinated carrying and spreading the virus now? They are, so why not focus on treatments. At this point, those that want to be vaccinated are vaccinated and those that are not, won't.

https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04304313
    I think treatments are the key, not a vaccine that clearly does not work as intended and told to us by the 'guys in charge'.

I thought Florida had a state wide effort to vaccinate all the elderly and compromised? I would be curious on the elderly death toll between Florida, CA and NY.

Red Herring​

A red herring is an argument that uses confusion or distraction to shift attention away from a topic and toward a false conclusion. Red herrings usually contain an unimportant fact, idea, or event that has little relevance to the real issue.

Red herrings are a common diversionary tactic when someone wants to shift the focus of an argument to something easier or safer to address. But red herrings can also be unintentional.

Focus on the topic.

Where is DeSaintis?

Do some work on you logical fallacies too man.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom