/* */

What's going on in Richmond? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

wardorican

Reaction score

I haven't been able to look into this, but stumbled on it. What's the story here? I'm not a fan of open carry in this way. That has never been the intent of open carry, that I'm aware of. And masks? Granted, it is cold, but still..

If we are to move forward with trying to stop language that offends some members, perhaps we shouldn't use the same language in a mocking/baiting manner?

It seems to me that the media engaged in fear mongering and attempted to create a divisive narrative.

Showing how the government can oppress people and guns help stop that?

If the US government wanted to oppress the people, guns wouldn't stop them. Maybe 100 years ago, but not today.

Billy's AR15 is not going to protect him from our government any more than Linus's blanket kept him safe.

I think the bill to limit handgun purchases to once a month is pretty dumb.

It seems to me that the media engaged in fear mongering and attempted to create a divisive narrative.

I think they reported on the information given them and linked it to previous protests where things didn't quite go as planned.

I think you're fear mongering in this very thread by stoking the notion that the VA laws are taking guns away or that a background check is a violation of the 2nd amendment.

It's not. "Well regulated" would seem to easily include damn near any regulation.

I don't know, would you oppose legislation that prohibited firearms that have the capacity to accept magazines that hold over 10 rounds?
    My point was that the sign is pretty meaningless. It is devoid of meaning. The argument is almost never support or don't support. It's how far does that support go.

In terms of 10 rounds. I'm not sure. I'm not a fan of (for lack of a better term), high-capacity / assault style weapons. I'm not sure if Magazine limitations is even an effective way to enforce it. I'm not up on the details of the previous "assault weapons ban" that expired years back. I think it helped curb city violence.

How far do you support the 2nd amendment? Do you want to lift the restriction on fully automatic weapons / machine guns? Should you be able to walk the street with an RPG?

I'm not trying to be rude, but I actually don't get what you're trying to say. I'm not sure what "that" is.

Charles E. Cobb Jr. said:
    I know from personal experience and the experiences of others, that guns kept people alive, kept communities safe and all you have to do to understand this is simply think of black people as human beings and they're gonna respond to terrorism the way anybody else would. ...

Why don't they show their opposition in the way provided by the law ? Sue the state or vote out the people who voted for this?

Why is it that some seem to feel that they are allowed to intimidate and break the law when it goes against what they want? The majority has spoken so respect that you live in a democracy!!

Are you ok with this behavior?
    you are trolling

The peacefulness could have something to do with the arrest of three white supremacists who were threatening to go and do violence. Maybe. 🤷‍♀️ Or it could have something to do with a really large and impressive police presence. Lessons learned from last time, IMO.

Well maybe it was because these legal gun owners follow the law.

I am sure that CNN is kinda bummed out this morning.. No violence, No riots, No buildings burning, no gunshots... They even picked up their own trash.

Rough day for CNN reporters.

My point was that the sign is pretty meaningless. It is devoid of meaning. The argument is almost never support or don't support. It's how far does that support go.

In terms of 10 rounds. I'm not sure. I'm not a fan of (for lack of a better term), high-capacity / assault style weapons. I'm not sure if Magazine limitations is even an effective way to enforce it. I'm not up on the details of the previous "assault weapons ban" that expired years back. I think it helped curb city violence.

How far do you support the 2nd amendment? Do you want to lift the restriction on fully automatic weapons / machine guns? Should you be able to walk the street with an RPG?

No on either count, and I think it's a fair question. My problem with these big gun restriction pushes is that they appear to be driven by emotion and not reason.

For example, the 10 round limit is completely arbitrary and unreasonably interferes with one's ability to defend one's self. Moreover, when the legislation would make it illegal to not only possess a 10 round magazine, but to possess a weapon that could hold such a magazine then the result is to ban most semi automatic weapons.

Also, I don't care for the restrictions on indoor ranges. Why would a state make a law the effect of which would be to limit people's ability to train with their weapon? It seems to me that makes people less safe not more.

I don't like the provision that was proposed that would criminalize making guns accessible in the home to someone under 18. That one is not totally without redeeming value, but I think as a free citizen I should be able to train my 16 year old and provide my kid with the means of self defense if I think that it is the best course.

I don't like the provision that was proposed that required a citizen to keep his weapon in a locked container when traveling. That makes a weapon useless.

I don't care for the provisions that would outlaw weapons on an AR-15 platform. AR-15's are an extremely popular rifle and for good reasons. They are easy to fire for just about everybody who would have reason to fire one. For many people, they are the safest option for self defense.

I don't like the proposed provision that would prohibit weapons that could be equipped with a suppressor. Once again, suppressors are beneficial in home defense situations (they reduce the chaos and improve the ability to communicate) and even have important hunting applications.

I could go on.

This thread is about what is occurring today in VA. I really don't have time for a lengthy discussion on gun control, but I will note that for whatever reason you are leaving out some of the more controversial provisions of the proposed legislation.

what occurred yesterday was sparked by the proposed legislation.

Im sure you dont have time to discuss the crux of the legislation. Because, after all, no one is coming to "Take all ur guhns". As POTUS tweeted out.

And as its been noted, ALL the "provisions" in their current iterations are simply "proposed" NOTHING is law. I simply pulled out the more common themed provisions.

And i will note that you provided no answers to those simple yes or no questions. There is no lengthy discussion to be had. Its simple stuff. Either you are for or against those particular provisions. Feel free to post the "more controversial" ones. Im curious to know which ones you label "controversial"

ill wait.....

what occurred yesterday was sparked by the proposed legislation.

Im sure you dont have time to discuss the crux of the legislation. Because, after all, no one is coming to "Take all ur guhns". As POTUS tweeted out.

And as its been noted, ALL the "provisions" in their current iterations are simply "proposed" NOTHING is law. I simply pulled out the more common themed provisions.

And i will note that you provided no answers to those simple yes or no questions. There is no lengthy discussion to be had. Its simple stuff. Either you are for or against those particular provisions. Feel free to post the "more controversial" ones. Im curious to know which ones you label "controversial"

ill wait.....

You can wait, or you could go back and read my posts where I have addressed in some length some of the issues with the legislation that has been proposed.

Nobody but Democratic Lawmakers.

Beto-take-your-AR.jpg

Nobody but Democratic Lawmakers.

Beto-take-your-AR.jpg

His campaign was treading water before he made that statement and promptly proceeded to take a dive right after he made it. So you're proving the exact opposite point that you're trying to prove. Lol.

His campaign was treading water before he made that statement and promptly proceeded to take a dive right after he made it. So you're proving the exact opposite point that you're trying to prove. Lol.

Is the guy still in politics???. case closed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom