What Will You Do? (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***** at Yoko
    Reaction score
    If Trump wins again in November (and for the record, i think he will- since he’s made it clear he’ll stop at nothing)- What will you do? It’s pretty apparent that he wants to be in power for life, and America will go down the road of countless countries before it, that we’ve all seen on the news and thought ‘It cant happen here’... If you dont think that this is the direction Trump will take us, then i will submit that you haven’t been paying attention... Of course, his followers will tell you the exact opposite- “If Trump doesnt win reelection, then we’re all doomed!!”.. Well, only one side can be right.. We cant both be ‘sort of’ correct... It’s a shame, becuase i used to be a moderate, but now due to Trump and his enablers/voters, it’s become more of an extremely high stakes team sport.. As your Dear Leader himself would say: “It is what it is.”

So back to my question: What , specifically, will you do if he wins? Where will you go? Canada , or Mexico? Elsewhere? Or stay and fight, and become like another Beirut, or Belarus, where protestors get dragged off in windowless vans .. Oh wait, that’s already happening here.. I am genuinely interested in whether any of yall are hatching an escape plan, or planning to do anything drastic.. As for me, the answer is I Dont Know... The only thing I’m sure of is i dont want to be around for two, or three, or four Trump ”terms” until he mercifully drops dead.

I'll keep living my life and adapting to whatever comes my way... make the best of my situation... and keep advancing myself and family to the best of my abilities.... while realizing that my country isn't perfect, yet still having love and pride for my country - knowing it's better than any alternative on the planet (despite what the haters say).... I will keep trying to impact changes where I think they should be through legal avenues... while trying to accept the electorates' decision should it not fall my way.... I will also try not to fall into the traps set by both of the far and radical ends of the decisive political machines hell bent to cloud my judgment, skew my reality, and create chaos in an attempt to get me to abandon my values and beliefs in exchange for some false perception of safety.

Also, I would encourage anyone that wants to revoke their US citizenship - to do so.... I would only ask them first though to take with them all the people that said the same thing would happen - when Obama took office.
    The concern is law and order is breaking down in the U.S. While the left may have demonstrators and protestors about local police, the right is far more insidiously breaking down the fabric of law and order. The right is undermining the FBI, intelligence agencies, department of justice, the electorate, and to a lesser degree the judicial branch. The electorate is being suppressed and law and order is being undermined like it has in other nations right before they become tyrannies. There was never any substance to the claims about Obama. There is plenty of substance to the claims against Trump, because Trump is a desperate criminal that has to hold on to power to avoid being prosecuted. Also, no one wants to revoke their U.S. citizenship unless the U.S. becomes a tyranny, but many of us are aware of the dangerous signs.

And this is the biggest problem in America today.

People feel instead of think.

Oh and comparing us to nations that jail dissenters isn’t helping your argument. The “Best” nations don’t compare there. Try Norway, Sweden and Denmark

And this is the biggest problem in America today.

People feel instead of think.

Oh and comparing us to nations that jail dissenters isn’t helping your argument. The “Best” nations don’t compare there. Try Norway, Sweden and Denmark

My first thought when people talk about how much better other countries are is “why aren’t you doing all you can to move there.”

Certainly I understand the desire to stay close to family and loved ones and there is always the argument that one wants to make this a better place. But given that we all have limited time on this planet, if I thought that everything would be all roses and rainbows somewhere else, I would definitely try to move there.

I hate to break it to you... but like.... that's your opinion man.... I'm glad you have the right to voice it without being jailed, killed, persecuted, or tortured for having it.... In fact, even though I completely disagree with it... I would fight, and die so you and others like you can continue to have the birth right to voice that opinion without fear for doing so.

This is my opinion... This is my Truth... Feel free to disagree. You only make my case more when you do so.
    Freedom of speech is available in most western advanced countries, but I think it is more prized here than anywhere.

Nevertheless, what I think makes people love America is the feeling that we are freer than any other country, that our culture is dominant throughout the world, and the comfort of something familiar. It's an opinion, not a fact. On many more tangible metrics, we are not the best, but it is home, so we want to believe we're the best. It is a natural inclination.

In what metric is the US the “best” country.

Economy? Hardly
    Healthcare? Laughable
    Education? Not even top 20.
    Happiness? Nope

Murder - especially with guns? Now we found one!

ETA- we are also #1 in incarceration!

We are the best at killing and putting people in jail. USA! USA! USA!

From FY 2008 through FY 2017, the annual number of (people becoming US citizens) naturalization has ranged from about 620,000 to slightly more than 1 million per year....

During that same time frame... the number of US citizens per year willing to give up their citizenship averages around ~3000 people per....

How about the metric that clearly states... the number of people worldwide that want what you have (American Citizenship) is roughly 250x's greater than those who have it - and don't want it.

There are hundreds of thousands of people annually that risk life, limb, and family to have a chance to become a US citizen... There are just as many or more than risk the same to defend it...

Those are my metrics. I have never had any personal issues with anything you pointed out, as a US citizen on US soil... so I will consider them anecdotal... and a regretful part of humanity in general.

The US is the most desired place in the world for a person to attempt to gain citizenship... There is literally a line at the Entrance door, and nearly nothing at the Exit door...

If that doesn't mean anything to you, then... you need to travel more.

Last edited:
    Richard-

When did I say I wanted to leave? I’m a white rich guy - why would I leave? This whole country is set up for me. But I care about others having the same chance at success I had.

This country has been my family’s home for 9 generations and we fought in every war since the Civil (on the good guys side no less). I am the biggest lover of America you will find. That is why I am so pissed.

Saying our nation is failing to live up to its promise, especially for PoC, is a fact not an opinion. Our schools are failing our children. The wealth gap continues to grow.

It is so devaluing to say “Love it or leave it”

That is what was said to protestors of the Vietnam War.

Those are my metrics. I have never had any personal issues with anything you pointed out, as a US citizen on US soil... so I will conditioner them anecdotal... and a regretful part of humanity in general.
    Dude, you live in Louisiana where we are ranked in the bottom of every metric he listed and you've never had any issues with any of it? You think Louisiana is the gold standard for American life? Man, the northshore really is a different planet.

Immigration is a terrible metric. We are the richest country in the world with an illusion of opportunity. It is no wonder why someone from Somalia might take a chance here.

Once again. Maybe this time it will sink in.

You are comparing us to developing African nations, Eastern Europe, Haiti, Cuba, and North Korea.

How many immigrants are from the EU? Australia? New Zealand?

Dude, you live in Louisiana where we are ranked in the bottom of every metric he listed and you've never had any issues with any of it? You think Louisiana is the gold standard for American life? Man, the northshore really is a different planet.

You don't know me, or where I am from... I grew up to a single mother, mixed race family, dirt poor, living off/on with my grandmother when food ran low, in a low income housing area on the Westbank, ran with gangs, and joined the Army at 17 to avoid jail... I am on the NorthShore now because I worked myself to death and sacrificed without excuses to get here.... The credit for my successes were mine, the faults for my failures are mine as well... don't judge me. Make a point or don't.

Last edited:
    I hate to break it to you, but America hasn't been the best country in the world in quite some time.

We had a good run from about 2012-2015 though.
    With all its faults and imperfections, from its inception, the USA has been the country that others looked to as a place of opportunity. That all has changed since a large segment has chosen to deny reality and the world has taken notice. A large segment has began to look warmly at people like Putin and the world has taken notice. Our good run didn't start in 2012 but it definitely started coming to an end in 2016. In 2020, we are looking at the end of America as a shining example to the world and the beginning of America as a glaring example to the world.

You don't know me, or where I am from... I grew up to a single mother, mixed race family, dirt poor, living off/on with my grandmother when food ran low, in a low income housing area on the Westbank, ran with gangs, and joined the Army at 17 to avoid jail... I am on the NorthShore now because I worked myself to death and sacrificed without excuses to get here.... The credit for my successes were mine, the faults for my failures are mine as well... don't judge me. Make a point or don't.
    I did make a point. You said those metrics never affected you in your life on US soil and I don't see how that's possible living in Louisiana. We're basically in the bottom 5 of every category that ranks states from best to worst. How could that not affect you? Do you not go in public?

The US might be the most desirable place to live but not Louisiana.

I did make a point. You said those metrics he'd listed never affected you in your life on US soil and I don't see how that's possible living in Louisiana. We're basically in the bottom 5 of every category that ranks states from best to worst. How could that not affect you? Do you not go in public?

The US might be the most desirable place to live but not Louisiana.

Likely because I don't fold and place blame in the face of trivial adversity... Rather... I use it as source of motivation / determination to do what others consider too hard, uncomfortable, or not likely... I get out a lot, always have (even started and sold a business once - early 2000's).... I have never let the actions or attitudes of others stop me from reaching my goals... My entire childhood, adolescence, and as a young adult... I was surrounded by reasons to fail... and excuses to do so... I made the conscious decision to do whatever it takes not to... That's all there is to it.

Last edited:
    Likely because I don't fold and place blame in the face of trivial adversity... Rather... I use it as source of motivation / determination to do what others consider too hard, uncomfortable, or not likely... I get out a lot, always have (even started and sold a business once).... I have never let the actions or attitudes of others stop me from reaching my goals... My entire childhood, adolescence, and as a young adult... I was surrounded by reasons to fail... and excuses to do so... I made the conscience decision not to... That's all there is to it.
    Guess what...so do most people.

I made the conscience decision to do whatever it takes not to... That's all there is to it.

Wow, Infoman, what an inspiration you are! You mean, all anyone needs to do is........... wait for it................... PULL THEMSELVES UP BY THEIR BOOTSTRAPS??!! What an amazing philosophy, i cant believe I’ve never heard that one before....

* it’s CONSCIOUS decision, btw

Wow, Infoman, what an inspiration you are! You mean, all anyone needs to do is........... wait for it................... PULL THEMSELVES UP BY THEIR BOOTSTRAPS??!! What an amazing philosophy, i cant believe I’ve never heard that one before....

Welp.... I mean... There's always finger pointing, taking your ball and going home (or to someone else' house I guess), throwing a violent tantrum, projecting gloom and doom, and/or complete denial .... I mean those are always tried and true methods to deal with adversity, lack of understanding, or generally deal with things don't go the way you want them to... amirite!

The entire premise of the thread you started more than demonstrates my entire point... And I don't expect you to understand, because you very likely do not have the contextual life experiences to have faced enough first hand adversity or real life experiences - to actually learn how to overcome it properly and develop the personal perspective that would build that character, and ability to look at yourself honestly and find fault - and say to yourself without hesitation - "It's on me to do better and make the difference - I will".

Last edited:
    The entire premise of the thread you started more than demonstrates my entire point... And I don't expect you to understand, because you very likely do not have the contextual life experiences to have faced enough adversity - to actually learn how to overcome it properly and develop the personal perspective that would build that character and ability to look at yourself honestly and find fault.
    Yea, no actually I have and you're still wrong.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom