What happens to the Republican Party now? (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This election nonsense by Trump may end up splitting up the Republican Party. I just don’t see how the one third (?) who are principled conservatives can stay in the same party with Trump sycophants who are willing to sign onto the TX Supreme Court case.

We also saw the alt right types chanting “destroy the GOP” in Washington today because they didn’t keep Trump in power. I think the Q types will also hold the same ill will toward the traditional Republican Party. In fact its quite possible that all the voters who are really in a Trump personality cult will also blame the GOP for his loss. It’s only a matter of time IMO before Trump himself gets around to blaming the GOP.

There is some discussion of this on Twitter. What do you all think?

I go back and forth on this, Dave. Me, I don’t need to read any of his crap, I know who and what he is. However, I wonder if there might be some value for certain people to actually read his rantings. Not his cult, because they will not care, but I wish it were harder for so called normal people to look away and pretend he’s not mentally ill. Because he’s mentally ill. Nobody should want this man in charge of anything.

I go back and forth on this, Dave. Me, I don’t need to read any of his crap, I know who and what he is. However, I wonder if there might be some value for certain people to actually read his rantings. Not his cult, because they will not care, but I wish it were harder for so called normal people to look away and pretend he’s not mentally ill. Because he’s mentally ill. Nobody should want this man in charge of anything.

I guess I've read enough of his drivel that there's nothing to be gained from subjecting myself to it. But that's me.

Good but long article from before 2020 election
    ================

......A dejected Republican congressional staffer, reflecting on the collapse of the GOP’s health care legislation, added, “I’m starting to think that while we’re pretty good at winning elections, we’re not great at the whole governing thing.”

It was more than a throwaway line from a frustrated aide — it was also a concise summary of one of the most important problems plaguing American politics in the 21st century......

The current iteration of the GOP is indifferent to the substance of governing. It is disdainful of expertise and analysis. It is hostile toward evidence and arithmetic. It is tethered to few, if any, meaningful policy preferences. It does not know, and does not care, about how competing proposals should be crafted, scrutinized, or implemented.....

But more often than not, Republicans simply find it easier to bypass the rigors of real policymaking. Reading policy analyses, attending hearings, negotiating with rivals and stakeholders, and thinking through the consequences of policy decisions requires countless hours of tiresome and unglamorous work.

Peddling poll-tested, base-motivating, half-baked, hashtag-ready talking points, on the other hand, is both painless and ideologically satisfying. For GOP officials, this doesn’t seem to be an especially tough call.

If the party’s candidates and officeholders were punished by voters over their disinterest toward governing, they’d have no choice but to take their official responsibilities more seriously.

But Republicans’ post-policy attitudes have also been embraced by many of the party’s supporters — and so long as GOP candidates can win elections while being lazy about policymaking, they have little incentive to change.......

By any fair measure, the GOP excels at acquiring power and exploiting electoral structures to keep it, often in defiance of the American electorate’s will. Republicans may fail in breathtaking fashion when trying to govern, but they have unrivaled expertise in gerrymandering and voter-suppression techniques......

Last edited:
    The gqp's utter lack of comprehending basic science concepts never ceases to amaze me...

The gqp's utter lack of comprehending basic science concepts never ceases to amaze me...

He think he’s being clever, trying to show that we don’t have the ability to influence these climate-impacting dynamics. Of course that is irrelevant to the dynamics we can influence and that are having impact.

Most of the GOP positions these days are straw men like this.

The comments to this garbage-rate vid are brutal lol...

E3Xak1_XoAEGOob

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom