What happens to the Republican Party now? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This election nonsense by Trump may end up splitting up the Republican Party. I just don’t see how the one third (?) who are principled conservatives can stay in the same party with Trump sycophants who are willing to sign onto the TX Supreme Court case.

We also saw the alt right types chanting “destroy the GOP” in Washington today because they didn’t keep Trump in power. I think the Q types will also hold the same ill will toward the traditional Republican Party. In fact its quite possible that all the voters who are really in a Trump personality cult will also blame the GOP for his loss. It’s only a matter of time IMO before Trump himself gets around to blaming the GOP.

There is some discussion of this on Twitter. What do you all think?

It goes along with the authoritarian mindset - which let’s face it everyone who still supports Trump is a full on authoritarian at this point. Authoritarians think that reality is what the authority says it is. Therefore they can tell them anything and they will agree. These people are lost, if they get out they will have to pull themselves out. All we can do is outnumber them at the ballot box.

It goes along with the authoritarian mindset - which let’s face it everyone who still supports Trump is a full on authoritarian at this point. Authoritarians think that reality is what the authority says it is. Therefore they can tell them anything and they will agree. These people are lost, if they get out they will have to pull themselves out. All we can do is outnumber them at the ballot box.
    Which is why this STUPID impeachment inquiry is still a thing! They have nothing but what has been fed to to them by Giuliani via GRU. They couldn't care less about the the truth, the purpose of their actions are always about promoting the Republican Party's agenda above all.

Plus as we found when he put his slum board son in-law and the dog groomer in charge of the pandemic they stick to to the libs by not not making the response national because they figured the democrat states would get it worse. but of course that fully backfired and republicans list 4.5 times more people then democrats.

I understand their thought process here, they truly believe the rest of have the same level of understanding as their Republican voters and that they can tell us that "it's a sunny day out today" when you are just in the eye of a Cat 5 hurricane.
    Which is pretty much exactly what happened

Remember Trump’s very first day?

“the largest crowd ever to attend a presidential inauguration” and Trump later (at the CIA or FBI?) saying the sun was shining, birds were singing there were rainbows everywhere during the swearing in when it was clearly raining

White nationalist commits crime? "nothing we can do"

Someone shoots up a school? "Nothing we can do"

Undocumented person commits crime "Now that's more like it! Now we can do something"
    ==============================================================

The House on Thursday passed a bill that would require the detention of any migrant who committed burglary or theft, legislation that House Republicans named after a Georgia student who police say was killed by a man who illegally crossed the border.

The measure — dubbed the Laken Riley Act — cleared the chamber in a 251-170 vote, with 37 Democrats joining all Republicans present in voting “yes.” It was the latest move by GOP lawmakers to put a spotlight on the situation at the southern border, which has emerged as a key issue in the 2024 campaign cycle and a top vulnerability for President Biden heading into the general election.

Republicans have seized on Riley’s death to hammer the Biden administration.

“Innocent Americans from Laken Riley in Georgia to the 14-year-old rape victim of an illegal immigrant in our home state of Louisiana,” Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) said Wednesday “They’ve all been victimized by those whom the Biden administration has released into our country. He is releasing them into your state.”

Jose Ibarra, a 26-year-old Venezuelan citizen who authorities said had entered the country illegally, was charged with murder in Riley’s death.

The House approved the legislation hours before Biden is set to deliver his State of the Union address, which Republicans have said they hope will call attention to Riley’s death..........

I still like Newt G.
    Every once in awhile i see him as a guest on tv.
    He's smart and presents his point of view in a persuasive manner.
    Well, persuasive to ME....because I like him.

I still like Newt G.
    Every once in awhile i see him as a guest on tv.
    He's smart and presents his point of view in a persuasive manner.
    Well, persuasive to ME....because I like him.
    I haven't liked him ever since that contract with America nonsense. Had he not done that, I might be more inclined to listen to him. These days, I just tune him out.

Things won't change in that shirt hole of a state until it starts hitting them in the pocketbooks. I know the two associations I'm a part of have pulled out.
    A few months before Desantis went to war with Disney, Disney was preparing to move most of it's operations and employees not involved in film and television production to Florida. Things like the Disney Store, still photography, print and a bunch of administrative operations. A couple of friends of mine had gotten notifications they would have to relocate to Florida to keep their jobs. Desantis's antics lead to Disney reversing course. My friends were really happy that Desantis helped them keep their jobs here in Los Angeles.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom