What happens to the Republican Party now? (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This election nonsense by Trump may end up splitting up the Republican Party. I just don’t see how the one third (?) who are principled conservatives can stay in the same party with Trump sycophants who are willing to sign onto the TX Supreme Court case.

We also saw the alt right types chanting “destroy the GOP” in Washington today because they didn’t keep Trump in power. I think the Q types will also hold the same ill will toward the traditional Republican Party. In fact its quite possible that all the voters who are really in a Trump personality cult will also blame the GOP for his loss. It’s only a matter of time IMO before Trump himself gets around to blaming the GOP.

There is some discussion of this on Twitter. What do you all think?

Yeah, I saw a bit of video of that physical assault. This is what I mean by arrogance-they know they don’t have to be consistent, that they have the power to do something so unfair and unjust as this. And they are showing everyone that they can do injustices and they will do them. It’s pure arrogance.

Absolute power always corrupts. Always.

Here's hoping Justin Jones takes the video to the police and presses charges, then Rep. Johnson takes to the House floor to call for his expulsion.

Its Tennessee. Those people has always been there. I know it because I lived there for 4 years while going to School. I still remember the way I felt when I received a wedding invitation with this PS "There will be black guest invited so if you cant accept that, then please don't attend" This was in 1980!! One of my best friends there is African-American I went to school with and she says that she still faces racism every day.

Screenshot because I fear that it will disappear. Here's the link.

Screenshot_20230407-083604.png

there is zero chance that conversation really happened

of course.

but when he stands before his congregation and recites this story, they will lap that story up like its a bowl of water on a 100 degree day.

They have ZERO problem lying in a house of God if they believe its to FURTHER Gods will.

I didn't believe it until he got to the standing ovation. That sold it to me. Truly inspiring. 😇
    It was inspiring to me as well. It made me realize I had to go to the can.

Crazytown.
    This Christian crowd sees Trump not only as an effective champion of their issues, but almost as a demigod — a protector who is absorbing attacks that would otherwise befall the faith community. (This is a perception the former President’s team has cultivated, both for faith followers and MAGAworld more broadly; a Trumpworld source told Rolling Stone this week: “It’s kind of a Jesus Christ thing… ‘I’m absorbing all this pain from all around from everywhere so you don’t have to.’”)

For as long as I can remember, Democrats have been on the defensive about enacting their agenda because it was assumed that it would engender a backlash among "the silent majority," as former president Richard Nixon called it, or what modern Republicans call "Real America." Reacting to the counter-culture of the 1960s and the massive social changes it engendered, the left wing of the Democratic Party was always admonished by the centrist and conservative wings not to go too far or too fast.

The media even blithely asserted that "America is a conservative country" as if it were an act of God. This article of faith hobbled progress for a very long time and empowered the Reagan Revolution through the Tea Party and Donald Trump's MAGA movement.

Nobody ever seemed to consider that enabling the right wing to become more and more extreme over the course of many years might engender a backlash of its own. It appears as if that time may have finally come — and it's clear the Republican establishment doesn't know what to do about it. The question is whether the Democratic establishment does either.

We started out with former president and current GOP presidential frontrunner being indicted in New York over the payments of hush money to conceal information that might have damaged his chances in the 2016 election. It's a huge story but it's not unanticipated nor is it the last prosecution Donald Trump is likely to face in the coming months. The most interesting aspect of it remains the fact that the Republican establishment is circling the wagons around him once again while Republican voters seem determined to push him to the nomination. This is despite the fact that he will be under indictment on felony charges in at least one case and probably more, proving once again that no amount of norm-busting, corruption or criminal behavior is a deal breaker with his cult. Trump has trained them to believe that it's all an elaborate conspiracy against him.

But this week also showed that something else is afoot. Yes, Trump is a galvanizing force in Democratic politics going all the way back to the massive, global Women's March in 2017. His grotesque behavior motivated millions of people, especially women, to organize and it paid off in every election since then. Donald Trump has been dragging the GOP down for years but they just can't quit him. However, the party's rapid descent into extremism is bigger than Trump and the backlash is continuing to show itself in ways that are shattering the status quo...........

To the point of Optimus’ article above:

It truly is. Rs have apparently decided now to double down on the Confederacy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom