Washington prepares for Biden inauguration on Jan. 20 under pall of potential violence (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    On January 20 at 12:00pm EST, Joe Biden will be sworn in as the 46th president of the United States. And security has never been higher - for fear of violence caused by domestic terrorists and insurrectionists.

Trump will now leave Washington on the morning of January 20. He's leaving in the morning while still president so that the taxpayers can fly him down to Palm Beach. And CNN reports that he wants a "large crowd" for his "send-off." :covri:

Eager for a final taste of the pomp of being president, Trump has asked for a major send-off on Inauguration Day next week, according to people familiar with the matter, before one last presidential flight to Palm Beach.

My sense is that the time for underestimating or downplaying the threat of rightwing extremism, from the political to the street level violence, has come to an end.

I agree. Trump's administration did everything in it's power to downplay this very real threat. I mean is anyone really surprised here? I think it is now undeniable that these radical, deluded idiots have infiltrated both the police and military forces, they now must be rooted out.

My sense is that the time for underestimating or downplaying the threat of rightwing extremism, from the political to the street level violence, has come to an end.

make no mistake. it has.

The being that is the federal law enforcement apparatus has now taken note. These groups will no longer be able to operate on the fringe, relatively quietly. They have awakened the 6 eyed beast and now one of those eyes squarely on them.

Trump will now leave Washington on the morning of January 20. He's leaving in the morning while still president so that the taxpayers can fly him down to Palm Beach. And CNN reports that he wants a "large crowd" for his "send-off." :covri:

Well since DC is on a virtual lock down, probably be an old lady, a few stragglers and one or two staffers to see him off.

I hope. Gosh that would be so nice to see.

Well since DC is on a virtual lock down, probably be an old lady, a few stragglers and one or two staffers to see him off.

I hope. Gosh that would be so nice to see.

Well, since he'd be flying from Andrews, I suspect that's where the big crowd send-off is possibly going to be. But idk, maybe they have something else planned. I'm a bit surprised he's not leaving until the 20th. But I don't really care. As long as he's gone before Biden is sworn in, I'm good.

make no mistake. it has.

The being that is the federal law enforcement apparatus has now taken note. These groups will no longer be able to operate on the fringe, relatively quietly. They have awakened the 6 eyed beast and now one of those eyes squarely on them.

I think that's true for the ones that are operational.

The problem is that this has shown that there is a sizable segment of the American population (perhaps in the 25% range, perhaps more perhaps less, depending on the particular aspect that you're examining) that fully believe that their country is being taken from them. That's what MAGA is all about and it really boils down to white supremacy - the belief that white, Christian Americans are the only authentic Americans.

We have seen that is a viewpoint that is fairly easy to radicalize, particularly given the age of misinformation we are currently in. And when such a person gets to the point that they view the American democratic system of government incapable of saving their America, they become willing to act outside of that system.

I do worry about the number of Americans that believe this (or worse). And I don't know what the answer is - law enforcement can only do so much. Members of Congress either share this view or are very sympathetic to it, and the situation is much worse in state and local government.

Tuberville is dumb.

I still have a hard time the football state where more than half hate auburn would have ever got past that and voted for him.

But yes that dude is a complete embarrassment.

There is a perfect storm right now for this. Historically any time you start to get the massive spread between the haves and have nots in any country, there is always civil unrest. We are seeing that right now. If I be stereotypical for a second, the less well educated whites are beginning to see that the country is changing. There are more pressures economically. There are less ways to get ahead in life. Credit cards are maxed out. Minimum wage jobs, even with two people working aren’t enough to live. At the same time the religious and racial makeup of the country is changing. That segment is seeing successful women and minorities taking away their power, their jobs, their opportunities. Facing this they are open to the calls of racism, taking back their power, going back to a time where one member of a family could provide for a family by hard work. Going back to a time where women had no choice but to find a man to support them. I mean my own in-laws last night we’re getting on my 22 year old daughter to find a man. She just looked at them like they were crazy.
    Anyway, I think Biden really better bring his A game. I may be feeling pessimistic right now, but something major has to be done in this country.

It wouldn't surprise me if Trump took cyanide on Air Force One to die while still in office so he could get a presidential funeral.

Nah, he would never do that. He wants a military band and a 21 gun salute at Andrews though. He will probably also command some soldiers to come and cheer.

There is a perfect storm right now for this. Historically any time you start to get the massive spread between the haves and have nots in any country, there is always civil unrest. We are seeing that right now. If I be stereotypical for a second, the less well educated whites are beginning to see that the country is changing. There are more pressures economically. There are less ways to get ahead in life. Credit cards are maxed out. Minimum wage jobs, even with two people working aren’t enough to live. At the same time the religious and racial makeup of the country is changing. That segment is seeing successful women and minorities taking away their power, their jobs, their opportunities. Facing this they are open to the calls of racism, taking back their power, going back to a time where one member of a family could provide for a family by hard work. Going back to a time where women had no choice but to find a man to support them. I mean my own in-laws last night we’re getting on my 22 year old daughter to find a man. She just looked at them like they were crazy.
    Anyway, I think Biden really better bring his A game. I may be feeling pessimistic right now, but something major has to be done in this country.
    Considering how his cabinet is taking shape, he gave himself a huge handicap.

The DC gun law is the best weapon the Feds have going for them to thwart a repeat of 06JAN.

Nah, he would never do that. He wants a military band and a 21 gun salute at Andrews though. He will probably also command some soldiers to come and cheer.

If that's all he does going out, I'm good with that lol. He could do a lot worse. *shudders*

Definitely does not fit Trump's narcissistic personality.

I suppose that depends on which way the NPD twists and what degree of clarity he's given.
    As a way to give the finger to SDNY, the Feds, the Russians and all his many creditors? Oh yeah, offing himself might just seem like the thing to do.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom