Walz - Vance Debate

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    A couple weeks out. I fully expect another dominant performance
    =================
    Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz, the Democratic vice-presidential nominee, has accelerated his preparations for his Oct. 1 debate with Sen. JD Vance (R-Ohio), participating in policy sessions and mock debates in his home state and on the road.

Walz’s team has enlisted Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg, in his personal capacity, to play Vance in debate rehearsals, reprising his role from four years ago when he stood in for then-Vice President Mike Pence during Kamala Harris’s practice sessions, according to multiple people familiar with the debate process who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe confidential preparations.

Fueled by Diet Mountain Dew and dressed in casual wear — cargo pants and a T-shirt — Walz was in a Minneapolis hotel Wednesday, practicing with Buttigieg and taking notes on a yellow legal pad, the people said.

The two have not yet held a full 90-minute mock debate, although they are expected to do so closer to Oct. 1, when Walz and Vance will meet in New York for the debate hosted by CBS News.

Strategists for both parties say vice-presidential debates rarely affect the presidential race in a significant way.

But with Harris and former president Donald Trump having held their one and probably only debate instead of three, and the undercard coming five weeks before Election Day, it may carry higher stakes……….

Now Waltz is making a mistake by not addressing the root cause of the GLOBAL inflation crisis.

..and Walz is failing to address this lie about rising wages under trump

Walz has to do a better job of attacking the lies.

Trump says you believe in abortions in the 9th month. Do you believe that?

"That's not what the bill says, but look..."

Bro. A defiant no, that's a lie is the answer you need there.

Not watching. But it sounds like Walz is at least holding his own? Vance is lying quite a bit from what I’m reading on Twitter.

..and Walz is failing to address this lie about rising wages under trump

Yeah, he ceded that narrative, and should have attacked it. I'm really annoyed by the Harris/Walz campaign's lack of attacking Trump's economic record. Go right at it.

They're both doing pretty good. I don't think there's going to be a clear winner in this.
    Agreed...but the one thing that grinds my gears is the fact that EVERYONE is letting Vance continue with this whole idea that Harris has been POTUS for the last 3 years!

They're both doing pretty good. I don't think there's going to be a clear winner in this.
    Yeah, Again, Vance is more disciplined and polished than Trump. But he has the hindrance of defending Trump's trash rhetoric and record and he has to lie to do it.

Walz is a shaky public speaker but he can consistently point to his record in Minnesota about real world accomplishments and solutions, something Vance just can't match.

Yeah, Again, Vance is more disciplined and polished than Trump. But he has the hindrance of defending Trump's trash rhetoric and record and he has to lie to do it.

Walz is a shaky public speaker but he can consistently point to his record in Minnesota about real world accomplishments and solutions, something Vance just can't match.

Vance comes across as a political opportunist who doesn't really believe anything. But I don't think that matters in this case.

Vance talking about earnings people's trust back just reinforced that people don't trust them on abortion. Lol.

Vance comes across as a political opportunist who doesn't really believe anything. But I don't think that matters in this case.
    Oh no doubt, he's a hack. But when the bar is crazy 80 year old "they're eating the cats, they're eating the dogs" he is more palatable to the political laymen.

I find him unlikable but I know my perspective isn't mainstream.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom