Walz - Vance Debate (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    A couple weeks out. I fully expect another dominant performance
    =================
    Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz, the Democratic vice-presidential nominee, has accelerated his preparations for his Oct. 1 debate with Sen. JD Vance (R-Ohio), participating in policy sessions and mock debates in his home state and on the road.

Walz’s team has enlisted Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg, in his personal capacity, to play Vance in debate rehearsals, reprising his role from four years ago when he stood in for then-Vice President Mike Pence during Kamala Harris’s practice sessions, according to multiple people familiar with the debate process who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe confidential preparations.

Fueled by Diet Mountain Dew and dressed in casual wear — cargo pants and a T-shirt — Walz was in a Minneapolis hotel Wednesday, practicing with Buttigieg and taking notes on a yellow legal pad, the people said.

The two have not yet held a full 90-minute mock debate, although they are expected to do so closer to Oct. 1, when Walz and Vance will meet in New York for the debate hosted by CBS News.

Strategists for both parties say vice-presidential debates rarely affect the presidential race in a significant way.

But with Harris and former president Donald Trump having held their one and probably only debate instead of three, and the undercard coming five weeks before Election Day, it may carry higher stakes……….

Civics is still taught... just few people remember it.
    Some schools don't offer it, it's not mandatory and not many students take it anymore. Being proficient in civics has been replaced with passing the citizenship test. Most students are not being taught how our government works and why it works that way.

I was frustrated by a couple of things. First, the early question about inflation named housing as one of the contributors, but made no mention of the impact of the pandemic, which I think any discussion of inflation needs to take into account. Second, Vance's perpetually speaking as if Harris was already the President was insulting. To my knowledge, the VP pretty much just breaks a tie in the Senate. I wish that Walz had pushed back on both of those.

Otherwise, below is what I think the Democratic argument is and should be, and it frustrates the hell out of me that this isn't being repeated every time Harris or Walz get a chance to speak on camera:

When Trump took office he inherited a thriving economy, which he then immediately took credit for, then spent four years getting in twitter fights with his only accomplishments being a tax cut that benefitted the wealthiest and far right judges that are taking away previously established rights. And when a real crisis hit, he folded, pretended it wasn't real and would magically go away. It didn't, the economy went into freefall, unemployment and civil unrest soared. Then he lost, and pretended his loss wasn't real and instigated an insurrection on the Capitol to try and overturn a free and fair election.

So when Biden and Harris took office, they inherited a nation in disarray and had to start to put the pieces back together, while also facing global inflation caused by the pandemic. Unemployment is now low, the economy is thriving, crime is down, and inflation has subsided. The policies of the Biden/Harris administration aren't the cause of the problems we face, but quite the opposite are the reason that we've been able to turn things around.
    I think your message would make a good ad, and yes, it should be repeated over and over. People don't realize how bad the economy was when Biden took over, and how much it impacted inflation as it waned. It is true that the money pumped into the economy contributed, but inflation was high everywhere. It even hit China that controls everything.

The Eurozone is essentially equivalent to the U.S., and tracked both economies almost exactly.

I think your message would make a good ad, and yes, it should be repeated over and over. People don't realize how bad the economy was when Biden took over, and how much it impacted inflation as it waned. It is true that the money pumped into the economy contributed, but inflation was high everywhere. It even hit China that controls everything.

The Eurozone is essentially equivalent to the U.S., and tracked both economies almost exactly.
    It drives me crazy to hear Republicans spin Trump's term as some kind of "Camelot" period in America when his administration was literally a daily shirt show, and he left office with the country literally in shambles.

I don't really know that is working.

The polls aren't really telling us much other than it will be a close election. It shouldn't be, but you can't talk common sense into half of our electorate, so this is what we have. I think Harris is going to win, her campaign is still trending well and they haven't lost any ground. It doesn't seem to me that anything Trump/Vance have done has gained them any ground either.

Nate Silver even talk about this. Within the margin of error on all of these polls is a 2008 Obama blow out if the margin is completely in Harris favor, and a 2004 Bush win for Trump if the opposite is true.

Now that the debate is over, Vance has returned to his true smarmy self

image0.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom