Voting Law Proposals and Voting Rights Efforts (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This is, IMO, going to be a big topic in the coming year. Republicans have stated their aim to make voting more restrictive in just about every state where they have the means to do so. Democrats would like to pass the Voting Rights Bill named after John Lewis. I’m going to go look up the map of all the states which have pending legislation to restrict voting. Now that we have the election in the rear view, I thought we could try to make this a general discussion thread, where people who have concerns about voting abuses can post as well and we can discuss it from both sides. Please keep memes out of this thread and put them in the boards where we go to talk about the other side, lol.

I didn't mail my ballot in 2016.

What are YOU talking about?
    Sorry. I will try to use small words this time.

Oregon.

We only have mail in votes cards and we have not used a polling station (a place where people vote) in over 40 local and national elections for over 15 years.

No fraud trouble. Why can we do it along with other states that are mail in only, like Florida, but the rest of the country can’t.

That simple enough?

Attachments

• Kirk-slap.gif
      Kirk-slap.gif
      1.5 MB · Views: 121
    Sorry. I will try to use small words this time.

Oregon.

We only have mail in votes cards and we have not used a polling station (a place where people vote) in over 40 local and national elections for over 15 years.

No fraud trouble. Why can we do it along with other states that are mail in only, like Florida, but the rest of the country can’t.

That simple enough?
    Clearly you have an affinity for small words, so I will extend you the same courtesy despite my not needing small words to begin with.

MOST of America did NOT mail in their ballots before 2020. MOST of America DID mail in their ballots in 2020.

Do you understand so far, or do I need to make a request for special education services to help you?

Clearly you have an affinity for small words, so I will extend you the same courtesy despite my not needing small words to begin with.

MOST of America did NOT mail in their ballots before 2020. MOST of America DID mail in their ballots in 2020.

Do you understand so far, or do I need to make a request for special education services to help you?

You are terrible at following simple progressions.

1. You claim mail-in voting is susceptible to fraud.

2. Someone points out that some states have been using nothing but mail-in voting for years with no abuse.

How do you reconcile these two things in your quest to minimize mail-in voting?

Another invented truth, lmao. Please post the numbers of people who voted by mail compared to in person voting in 2020. You made the claim. Provide a source.

Regardless, there's absolutely nothing wrong with voting by mail. I wouldn't have a problem with making Oregon's model standard across the nation as they have pretty much zero voter fraud.

That is adorable

You are terrible at following simple progressions.

1. You claim mail-in voting is susceptible to fraud.

2. Someone points out that some states have been using nothing but mail-in voting for years with no abuse.

How do you reconcile these two things in your quest to minimize mail-in voting?
    And you are having severe comprehension problems.

Point out where I said that mail-in balloting needs to go away.

Point it out.

Additional bullshirt is not necessary; just point out where I said that mail-in balloting needs to go away.

We don't move forward until you do.

And you are having severe comprehension problems.

Point out where I said that mail-in balloting needs to go away.

Point it out.

Additional bullshirt is not necessary; just point out where I said that mail-in balloting needs to go away.

We don't move forward until you do.

I never said you wanted it to go away. I said you wanted to minimize it. The words are in the post you quoted. As for where you said what I actually claimed you said:

Post 481:

The election was a fraud. The US needs to get off mail-in ballots except for special cases, like in the past.

Post 496:

Nope. It's better to keep mail in ballots to a minimum. We let the cheats slip past us last time, so the best we can do now is make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen again.

Post 497:

Again, we just have to curtail the mass mail in ballots and that problem will be resolved.

Post 505:

If there's even the possibility that something like mail fraud could happen then you take measures to cut it off. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. That is just wise thinking.

Anything else you want to claim I'm lying about when it's all you've forking said on the matter? We don't move forward until you do.

I never said you wanted it to go away. I said you wanted to minimize it.
    And what I meant by "minimizing it" is that we can't have another 2020 election.

It doesn't matter that you never had any incidence of fraud (that you're aware of) there in BFA. What matters is that the sudden shift to mass mail-in balloting all over the country in 2020 left the door open for fraud.

And what I meant by "minimizing it" is that we can't have another 2020 election.

It doesn't matter that you never had any incidence of fraud (that you're aware of) there in BFA. What matters is that the sudden shift to mass mail-in balloting all over the country in 2020 left the door open for fraud.
    Yet, it didn't happen. :shrug:

And again, there's nothing inherently wrong with mail in voting. That actually should be the norm, not the exception.

Washington (CNN) - Millions in federal dollars could have gone to protect election workers and improve the physical security of their offices, but in a classic tale of bureaucratic red tape, most of it remains untapped less than two weeks before the midterm elections.

The botched funding opportunity comes as election officials across the country have faced an unprecedented wave of violent threats stemming from conspiracy theories about the voting process.

Now, things like additional lighting or security guards for some election offices may not be in place for Election Day on November 8.

"Our security here is a joke," said Scott McDonell, the Democratic clerk for Dane County, Wisconsin's second largest. His office is a block from the state capitol building in Madison, where thousands of people have previously gathered to protest the 2020 election results. McDonell worries that people "could walk right in" to confront him……..

Yet, it didn't happen. :shrug:
    As far as you've been told. ;)
    And again, there's nothing inherently wrong with mail in voting. That actually should be the norm, not the exception.
    Everything is wrong with mail in voting until it can be proven all across the country (especially in battleground states) that it's at least as secure as in person, precinct voting.

Not exactly.

https://www.census.gov/library/stories/2021/04/what-methods-did-people-use-to-vote-in-2020-election.html said:
    In 2020, 43% of voters cast ballots by mail and another 26% voted in person before Election Day.

So 26% voted in-person prior to Election Day, and an additional 31% voted in-person on Election Day. In total, 57% voted in-person compared to 43% mail-in.

Also, you can't think of any reason in particular more people would have wanted to mail in their votes in 2020. Any reason at all?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom