Voting Law Proposals and Voting Rights Efforts (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This is, IMO, going to be a big topic in the coming year. Republicans have stated their aim to make voting more restrictive in just about every state where they have the means to do so. Democrats would like to pass the Voting Rights Bill named after John Lewis. I’m going to go look up the map of all the states which have pending legislation to restrict voting. Now that we have the election in the rear view, I thought we could try to make this a general discussion thread, where people who have concerns about voting abuses can post as well and we can discuss it from both sides. Please keep memes out of this thread and put them in the boards where we go to talk about the other side, lol.

Yeah, well it was certified begrudgingly. That's not where they were in the beginning. Everyone knows that election was a sham, including at least some of the democrats.
    No, it was not - it was certified overwhelmingly especially at first. It was only after Trump really ramped up his lies that some local officials balked a bit, and it was very few. They had zero proof, they were just trying to please their cult leader, which is why they eventually realized they had to certify - because they had no reason not to do so.

There was zero proof ever discovered of anything that would swing even one state the other way. Bill Barr said it was all bullshirt. And he was willing to do almost anything to help Trump, as we all saw. He even directed the DOJ to conduct investigations of the allegations, which is where his BS comment came from. If there was any evidence of fraud, why would Trump‘s own Justice Dept. cover it up?

Trump admitted he lost. Why do you keep clinging to this scam? Rudy and the Kraken lady will end up being disbarred over this. Some people will go to jail. Trump will be indicted.

At some point, when you think there are millions of people involved in a conspiracy, the stupidity has to just collapse under its own weight. Seriously-all these people were involved, and not one has come forward with any credible evidence? This fraud was carried out over 5 states, involving all these people, and there isn’t one lick of proof?

At some point you will have to deal with reality. Trump’s director of election security said the election was secure. State R officials (governors and SOS) in multiple states certified the results as accurate. Trump admitted he lost.

Don’t be such a sucker.

I heard about QAnon back when my nutty brother-in-law was touting their praises, but I never believed they could (or would) do anything major even if they did exist.

Sorry pal, at least 80% of what I say comes straight from my own observations. ;)
    So share your proof with us. Not your emotional leanings - some proof.

Well, I mean, when you have nothing else but resorting to snark. :shrug:

Questioning the legitimacy of the 2020 election is certainly not common sense, and certainly not a widely held view. Not to mention there's absolutely no evidence to support the claim. Trump admitted begrudgingly that he lost the election. He just didn't know when to quit and embarrassed himself and everyone who supported him.
    Sometimes you have to put your suspicions behind you and move on. That's pretty much what I've done.

You can't just sit there and let stuff fester like the democrats do with their TDS; don't you agree?

Sometimes you have to put your suspicions behind you and move on. That's pretty much what I've done.

You can't just sit there and let stuff fester like the democrats do with their TDS; don't you agree?
    as you sit behind your keyboard still talking about "The election was stolen, a sham and many other terms.." lol now that some funny shirt right there..

Trump admitted he lost. Why do you keep clinging to this scam?
    Because the Repubs couldn't (or wouldn't) prove it. I don't know why, but that's what it is. I've largely left this subject alone because of this, and I'm sure that's the main reason Trump did too.

I think the fraud took place at the post office level. Why else would Biden and the rest of the democrats be creaming themselves over that virus? It forced most people to mail-in balloting, which in turn opened the door to all kinds of space for switches or whatever.

Because the Repubs couldn't (or wouldn't) prove it. I don't know why, but that's what it is. I've largely left this subject alone because of this, and I'm sure that's the main reason Trump did too.

I think the fraud took place at the post office level. Why else would Biden and the rest of the democrats be creaming themselves over that virus? It forced most people to mail-in balloting, which in turn opened the door to all kinds of space for switches or whatever.
    Trump didn’t leave it alone - he knew he lost - we have sworn testimony from people in the WH that he knew he lost. He said he didn’t want to admit it. So he started the whole cheating scam to cover up his pathological inability to admit that he lost. He riled up a group of supporters enough that they attacked police and broke into the Capitol.

How did switches take place at the post office level? Signatures had to match, ballots were sealed. How would that even happen? The Post Office was under the control of Trump’s hand-picked executive at the time, remember. Mail-in ballots have been used safely and accurately in FL for years without any fraud.

Believe me - if his political allies had any proof, it would be front and center. The AG even ordered various DOJ field offices to investigate. They found nothing. Trump appointed judges threw out frivolous case after frivolous case.

The election was secure. The US has the best election practices in the world. There was nothing there except a narcissist’s inability to admit he lost, no matter who it hurts.

Trump didn’t leave it alone - he knew he lost - we have sworn testimony from people in the WH that he knew he lost. He said he didn’t want to admit it. So he started the whole cheating scam to cover up his pathological inability to admit that he lost. He riled up a group of supporters enough that they attacked police and broke into the Capitol.
    That's what the "people from the WH" said? lol

Get over yourself.
    How did switches take place at the post office level? Signatures had to match, ballots were sealed. How would that even happen? The Post Office was under the control of Trump’s hand-picked executive at the time, remember. Mail-in ballots have been used safely and accurately in FL for years without any fraud.
    I don't know how switches took place, but all they would've had to do is go to key areas in battleground states and get with the right employees. Trump's "hand-picked executive" can't be everywhere at once, and we both know that not every single employee of the USPS is a Trump supporter (it's probably a small percentage of them anyways) so that leaves all kinds of employees who would leap at the opportunity to cheat.

You're reaching.
    Believe me - if his political allies had any proof, it would be front and center. The AG even ordered various DOJ field offices to investigate. They found nothing. Trump appointed judges threw out frivolous case after frivolous case.
    I don't believe you, and that's the problem. The AG and DOJ investigating anything outside of the DNC is a total joke, so we can't rely on them, ever.
    The election was secure. The US has the best election practices in the world. There was nothing there except a narcissist’s inability to admit he lost, no matter who it hurts.
    The election was a fraud. The US needs to get off mail-in ballots except for special cases, like in the past.

Get over yourself.

I don't know how switches took place, but all they would've had to do is go to key areas in battleground states and get with the right employees. Trump's "hand-picked executive" can't be everywhere at once, and we both know that not every single employee of the USPS is a Trump supporter (it's probably a small percentage) so that leaves all kinds of employees would leap at the opportunity to cheat.

You're reaching.

I don't believe you, and that's the problem. The AG and DOJ investigation anything outside of the DNC is a total joke, so we can't rely on them, ever.

The election was a fraud. The US needs to get off mail-in ballots except for special cases, like in the past.
    but yet, you said you let it go, put it all behind you... lol..

Get over yourself.

I don't know how switches took place, but all they would've had to do is go to key areas in battleground states and get with the right employees. Trump's "hand-picked executive" can't be everywhere at once, and we both know that not every single employee of the USPS is a Trump supporter (it's probably a small percentage of them anyways) so that leaves all kinds of employees who would leap at the opportunity to cheat.

You're reaching.

I don't believe you, and that's the problem. The AG and DOJ investigating anything outside of the DNC is a total joke, so we can't rely on them, ever.

You get over yourself. You’re repeating a bunch of nonsense. People within the WH, members of the Trump administration testified under oath that Trump admitted he lost, he just didn’t want anyone to know he lost. That’s the crux of your belief system right there. You’ve been suckered by a con man.

How would USPS employees perform these “switches”? How would they match the signatures? You do realize that postal facilities have cameras to watch for any mishandling of mail? And this would have to have involved hundreds of thousands of ballots spread over at least five states right? How could they do this without even one of them getting caught? Mail tampering is a federal offense, mail employees know this backward and forward. They’re under surveillance.

And it wouldn’t just be a few postal employees - somebody has to research the ballot, and order the fake ballots to be printed up. Somebody has to figure out which ballots to switch and forge signatures - if they can even figure out what someone’s signatures look like. How would they do that? Without any print shop employee or even a low-level person coming forward to provide the proof? Over 3-5 states, all done simultaneously? This would have to be a huge operation.

As for mail in voting take it up with DeSantis - FL is one of many states which allow anyone to vote by mail. Done it for years, with no issues. They had no issues with the election in 2020 either.

You know, if you were going to try to fix an election with fake ballots - which couldn’t happen, but let’s suspend reality for a minute: why would you fix 3-5 different states, when you could flip TX or FL and be done with it? Makes no sense to try a conspiracy that runs from Michigan to Georgia to Arizona when one state, fewer people, less chance of people talking, would accomplish the same thing. There were pollsters who thought it was possible for TX or FL to flip, so it wouldn’t be any more suspicious than any other state. Why do it that way? Makes no sense.

Also- did the Dems then turn around and cheat on the GA senate run-off election also? Getting pretty risky with all this cheating, lol. Also, if they could cheat so easily why did Rs down ballot win in these 3-5 states? I mean, you’re already supposedly switching out the ballots, why not get some more dem Congress wins or state legislature wins while you’re at it?

Don’t be such a sucker. Don’t believe these lies.

Last edited:
    I don't know why y'all are feeding the troll. He won't believe any proof nor logic you put forth. He'll only offer his wild theories that are not supported by anything other than his delusions. Sadly there are a huge number of people like him. It's really a testament to a decline in our society. If this cult continues to grow, constitutional democracy will end.

So, a widespread conspiracy to commit wire and mail fraud. Name one case where a conviction happened related to this.

I don't know why y'all are feeding the troll. He won't believe any proof nor logic you put forth. He'll only offer his wild theories that are not supported by anything other than his delusions. Sadly there are a huge number of people like him. It's really a testament to a decline in our society. If this cult continues to grow, constitutional democracy will end.
    Because he will sometimes actually respond in an earnest manner. I appreciated that he was willing to specify that he suspected the mail in ballots, and I do think he will respond to reasoned arguments. People like him, and I have some in my extended family, aren’t really Q, but they believe what they’re told by people they respect without checking up on the actual feasibility of it.

When people actually look at what would have to happen for the election to have been made fraudulent, they will see how silly it is. 🤞🏻

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom