Trump Tracker Too (2 Trump 2 Tracker) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

EmBeeFiveOhFour

Reaction score
    The football board had the very useful Daily Trump Tracker thread, which was a good place to briefly discuss the latest ridiculous thing that might have ended 97% of prior Presidential administrations even if it didn't necessarily justify an entire thread devoted to it in 2017-2019 (because of the sheer volume of these things). Since I don't see anything like that here already, I'll add one myself.

I think if you were to list out Reagan’s positions most of the current GOP wouldn’t like it.

So, if any of our Trump supporters here want to know why the rest of us are so bothered by Trump, this is it in a nutshell. We watched a single person take over the Republican Party and turn it upside down. Everything they said they stood for, like fiscal responsibility, championing the hard working immigrants, dignified conservatism, is all totally out the window. Republicans are now forced to betray everything they said they once supported, and go along with Trump’s lies. They are not allowed to dissent at all with Trump. They have to defend his moronic missteps, or at least stay silent. It’s reminiscent of a dictatorship.

That is some scary crap to watch happen in America.

Well this was a sobering read...

Our President, as always, supporting our troops.

I don't know about what you typed there about "always supporting our troops"..

But, it was very good of him to travel out to Afghanistan to be there with the troops. I always appreciate presidents who do that.

So, he earned a point with me for that.

we could play this game back and forth if you would like. But just look at this board and make a judgment.

1. how many here support trump no matter what he does.

2. how many people hate trump no matter what he does.

I don’t fall into either of these categories, you?
    Commenting on Presidential Gaffe's is nothing new. That's essentially what this is. The difference, is that often through social media, he has a lot more gaffe's than the public is used to.

Aw, Twumpy got his fweewings hurt.

Yeah, when I read this earlier today, I was asking myself a simple question. What was the real bad insult they lobbed his way? He has long press conferences? Ok. It's true.

He really got upset about that? I mean, wow. Compared to the crap he's said to others, that's pretty pathetically thin skinned.

Trump actually said something that is true.....although it took 3 years for it to become true. Remember when he kept saying the world is laughing at us? Guess what. The world is actually laughing at us or rather him. He has made the greatest country civilization has known a laughing stock. That's quite a feat...a feat the likes of which has never been seen before. And much like Eric Cartman, he pulled the "screw you guys, I'm going home" move.

Commenting on Presidential Gaffe's is nothing new. That's essentially what this is. The difference, is that often through social media, he has a lot more gaffe's than the public is used to.

There's another difference (and I think it's a much, much bigger difference). In the past, presidents would regularly laugh off their gaffes, or ignore them altogether and press on. Trump tends to either deny that he made an error by doubling down on what he said (and occasionally providing false evidence to support his claim), or he will attack those who tried to make light of his gaffe.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom