Trump Tracker Too (2 Trump 2 Tracker) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

EmBeeFiveOhFour

Reaction score
    The football board had the very useful Daily Trump Tracker thread, which was a good place to briefly discuss the latest ridiculous thing that might have ended 97% of prior Presidential administrations even if it didn't necessarily justify an entire thread devoted to it in 2017-2019 (because of the sheer volume of these things). Since I don't see anything like that here already, I'll add one myself.

Seriously....do we need a "Trump Fired another IG" thread?

Trump has fired the IG who was investigating Elaine Chao. The replacement is an individual who worked for the Transportation Department, and was vetted by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. (For those keeping score at home, McConnell is Chao's husband).

So, here's my big underlying question....we've seen multiple IG's fired because they were involved in investigations into Trump, his administration, and/or his loyalists. How standard is it that IGs investigate this many members of one administration?

Seriously....do we need a "Trump Fired another IG" thread?

Trump has fired the IG who was investigating Elaine Chao. The replacement is an individual who worked for the Transportation Department, and was vetted by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. (For those keeping score at home, McConnell is Chao's husband).

So, here's my big underlying question....we've seen multiple IG's fired because they were involved in investigations into Trump, his administration, and/or his loyalists. How standard is it that IGs investigate this many members of one administration?

Well this administration has clearly seen that they can do whatever they want because the senate is not going to hold them responsible and if they fire the IG's then whatever they have been doing will never get investigated and can therefor be hidden from the voters too and anybody else (press/politicians etc) who make a fuss can just be dismissed as Trump haters.

And it begins
    ========================

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump on Wednesday threatened to "strongly regulate" or even shut down social media platforms after Twitter applied a fact-check to two of his tweets this week.

Trump did not elaborate on what actions he could take. But the threat is Trump's clearest expression of intent to use the power of government to target his perceived political enemies in the private sector -- businesses that already enjoy wide latitude under the law to moderate their platforms as they see fit.

And it raises the stakes for Twitter and Facebook as they grapple with Trump's misleading claims about mail-in voting and his baseless insinuations that a cable TV news host had a hand in an aide's death decades ago.........

Trump can't do that alone. He is what he is. He uses the US government to punish his personal enemies and anyone who gets in his way in any shape or form.

But when do those who can put an end to this, say enough is enough?

They may benefit personally from it right now, but history shows that even those who turn their heads from misdeeds now will eventually suffer. It only take one mistep - one wrong word or action and Trump turns against his own enablers as quickly as he can open twitter.

... so, who's going to church? today.

Surely I am not :hihi:
    If God wants to reach me I am in my hammock all morning.
    And it begins
    ========================

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump on Wednesday threatened to "strongly regulate" or even shut down social media platforms after Twitter applied a fact-check to two of his tweets this week.

Trump did not elaborate on what actions he could take. But the threat is Trump's clearest expression of intent to use the power of government to target his perceived political enemies in the private sector -- businesses that already enjoy wide latitude under the law to moderate their platforms as they see fit.

And it raises the stakes for Twitter and Facebook as they grapple with Trump's misleading claims about mail-in voting and his baseless insinuations that a cable TV news host had a hand in an aide's death decades ago.........

But but I thought he was against regulations!

Actually I will be so happy we the point comes we actually have a president act presidential.

The governing by the same platform he gets in fights with actress and comics on is pathetic.

The sad thing is it took the widow to call out Twitter. The widow had to shame them into doing the right thing.

If God wants to reach me I am in my hammock all morning.

But but I thought he was against regulations!

Actually I will be so happy we the point comes we actually have a president act presidential.

The governing by the same platform he gets in fights with actress and comics on is pathetic.

The sad thing is it took the widow to call out Twitter. The widow had to shame them into doing the right thing.

The sad thing is that they only applied the tag to the mail vote tweets and not to the tweets concerning the widowers complaints,
    Twitter is in no way without blame in this. They have stood by while Trump have broken every single rule of their ToS almost on daily basis but having the president using twiiter the way he has, have given their business an enormous boost and they have become the "de facto" means of communication of the US president. .

I think the Joe conspiracy is the straw that broke the camel's back.

I know that they haven't taken it down but starting to fact check him is the first before they start treating him like the general population.

What he is doing is truly pathetic but considering the beginning of his political c life was pushing conspiracy theories it is fitting.

That Fox article really glosses over the reason Trump’s tweet got flagged, IMO. He falsely states that California is sending ballots to everybody in the state, “no matter how they got there”. Twitter’s fact check points out that California is only sending ballots to registered voters. Instead of clearly stating that as a reason Twitter decided to fact check this tweet, they lean into the idea that only ”conservative” voices are “silenced”. It should be noted that Trump wasn’t silenced at all.

They never even acknowledge any potential First Amendment issues with whatever this Executive Order might be. I’d forgotten how crappy even straight news from Fox is.

For those that don't want to listen, he retweeted a person saying "only good Democrat is a dead Democrat."

That's the same lovely gentleman that said some Democratic governors are probably guilty of treason and should be executed by hanging or firing squad.

I remember thinking over the last few years what a blessing it was that we hadn’t had anything too catastrophic in our country (other than some hurricanes) because Trump had shown no capability of leading us through a massive catastrophe.

Well, here we are. Global pandemic and full on rioting across the entire country, and our president is stoking the flames.

I remember thinking over the last few years what a blessing it was that we hadn’t had anything too catastrophic in our country (other than some hurricanes) because Trump had shown no capability of leading us through a massive catastrophe.

Well, here we are. Global pandemic and full on rioting across the entire country, and our president is stoking the flames.

From the home page of the official US Holocaust memorial museum

Nazi strategy encouraged initiation of violence to intimidate or distract political rivals, leaving Hitler plausible deniability to claim that he pursued power through legal means and to blame the violence on the opponents of the Nazis or on crisis conditions inherent in the weakness and corruption of Weimar democracy.

https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/en/article/adolf-hitler-1930-1933

And no it is not just a right or left wing thing. It has been used by multiple authoritarians throughout history. In russia, in egypt, in Germany, in China and a lot of other places.

But it is a classic playbook - create a lot of chaos and rioting and then use it to take or remain in power.

Last edited:
    It'campaign season, but we aren't seeing leadership - we're seeing pandering.

It's strange, because in a time like this, even a modicum of leadership is rewarded by inflated approval ratings. Trump experienced this at periods during the pandemic, but hasn't been able to sustain it.

Contrast that with the political leaders up here. Trudeau and Ford are polarizing political figures - especially the latter. He's a populist blowhard and even his supporters acknolwedge that. And yet, for much of the pandemic, he's received a fair amount of praise for his letting science lead and using more measured rhetoric with a calmer tone.

It was simple for him. Shutup when you need to. Speak reassuringly when you to have to talk. Don't need to be the smartest person in the room.

He's done some dumb things, but I do think it's a clear indication of how not-so-difficult it is to get people to rally behind you. You can get people to join together. You can get people to support you by offering some hope and resilience and unity.

Even if it's *just* words and tone and demeanor.

I'm going to Justice all over this country....

Most are focused on his comments about basically arresting folks for 10 years and putting down crowds... but what the heck did he mean here? haha.

I'm going to Justice all over this country....

Most are focused on his comments about basically arresting folks for 10 years and putting down crowds... but what the heck did he mean here? haha.

What call are they talking about?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom